Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Jan 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3017759)   #1551
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
ESM run BMW's, after the RLL program funding is cancelled?
Well, the ESM to BMW rumor has been around for a few months now, but I thought that was said to be false? Or maybe it's for 2013? I don't know. I've been wondering what ESM has been up to as far as their ALMS plans (presumably they have some ALMS plans).
Old 27 Jan 2012, 12:40 (Ref:3017760)   #1552
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Just to be clear... I completely made that bit about ESM up. But it isn't anymore far fetched than other ideas here.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3017782)   #1553
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
no, nor was mine but come on, what's a fan forum for in the off-season if not a bit of speculation and guessing?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3017820)   #1554
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
no, nor was mine but come on, what's a fan forum for in the off-season if not a bit of speculation and guessing?
Hey, it's one thing if we make up nonsense, but now Rebellion and the European racing media seem to be publishing total nonsense as well! It's like sports car racing has been stuck in April 1st (aka Atherton time?) mode for the whole of January.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3017854)   #1555
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Just to be clear... I completely made that bit about ESM up. But it isn't anymore far fetched than other ideas here.
Not really, no! I took the purchase of the GARRA GT Ferrari as a sign they would continue their association with the marque in the ALMS for 2012 as well, but that is no more than 1 + 0.5 = 2.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3017865)   #1556
AGD
Veteran

Well, anyway, if we are to guess (just a guess) that Alex Job and Battery Tender are connected to a manufacturer or whatever, maybe it is Lotus? That is the only thing I can think of really. It's probably too early for the R8, Viper, and McLaren stuff to run so I'm guessing it's not those. Maybe Job is being hired out by another team to run something? West? I don't know. I'm just throwing stuff out there.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3017878)   #1557
AGD
Veteran

I see that Don Panoz is in a legal battle with a Grand-Am consultant and former FIA guy Gabriele Cadringher in Volusia County (Daytona), Florida. Is there anything to this or is it something mundane? The article spells Gabriele with two Ls, but I have to assume that it is Gabriele that they are talking about.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...n-26-2012.html
Old 27 Jan 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3017943)   #1558
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I see that Don Panoz is in a legal battle with a Grand-Am consultant and former FIA guy Gabriele Cadringher in Volusia County (Daytona), Florida. Is there anything to this or is it something mundane? The article spells Gabriele with two Ls, but I have to assume that it is Gabriele that they are talking about.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...n-26-2012.html
Just going out on a limb here, but it would seem to me that since GA just hired Cadringher it probably is over a non-compete agreement if he provided services to IMSA (which is highly likely as he has been involved with sports car racing for a while).
Old 27 Jan 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3017958)   #1559
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Just going out on a limb here, but it would seem to me that since GA just hired Cadringher it probably is over a non-compete agreement if he provided services to IMSA (which is highly likely as he has been involved with sports car racing for a while).
That sounds quite plausible. If so, I wonder what is motivating the Panoz bunch to enforce the agreement. I don't know, I guess I just find the possibility of increased tension between the two groups somewhat riveting.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3018319)   #1560
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when it comes to watching sports on the internet and this is the future and now as a few posters seem to believe, let me share a story

UFC has been for some time airing their prelim fights on Facebook, something that everyone on the internet gets. This year they got a new TV contract with Fox and part of it was they'd be airing prelim fights now on Fuel, a small channel that only has carriage of 40 million or so homes in the U.S.

The prelim fights for a show airing on Fuel were done for the first time a week or two ago and it drew an audience of about 140k, either the best or almost best rating in the history of the network. This was FIVE TIMES the audience prelims would draw on Facebook. So five times the audience when you're in maybe a third of the homes that you were before and you are going from internet to TV.

You can't even say it's a demographics thing of an older fanbase not adapting, because UFC's fans are mostly in their 20s and 30s and studies show there are few fans of the sport once you go above a certain age.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3018329)   #1561
AGD
Veteran

I don't think there is much doubt that TV is still much better than Internet streaming right now, but the ALMS situation is a bit different in that all races are on TV, but most of the TV broadcasts are tape-delayed highlight showings with the live stuff on the Internet. Actually, a fairly decent number of races will be shown live this year and on a network with a stronger pull than Speed. Anyway, the ability to get on strong networks like ABC and ESPN may justify putting the longer races live on the Internet. It also may not be justified. It seems to depend on who you ask. Even the people with their money on the line seem to disagree a bit. What is clearly unacceptable is not letting all Internet users in the US access the streams (ESPN3). The alleged poor quality of the International stream is also unacceptable.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3018681)   #1562
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was already posted on the rumors thread, but Risi Competizione confirmed a full-season ALMS program during an interview with the team owner during Daytona 24.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 23:57 (Ref:3020781)   #1563
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
So we've got the first half of the Sebring entry list.......

30 cars, minus the Toyota and likely the Pescamartin (just a hunch) but probably with an extra Audi (according to RLM)

Any ideas when we get part 2? Maximum of 35.

Likely 3 extra P1s, 4 extra P2s and what else?
Old 3 Feb 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3020791)   #1564
AGD
Veteran

It looks like Core's plans are set:

Quote:
The #05 Composite Resources ORECA FLM09 will feature Colin Braun and team owner Jon Bennett, along with newcomer David Martinez. Martinez is a seasoned racer in the sports car and open-wheel ranks, with solid performances in the Atlantic and Champ Car series. Additionally, Martinez and Morgan Brady, CORE autosport Team Manager, have successfully worked together in the past.

The line-up for the sister #06 Butterfield Farms / Lamex Foods / Hormel Bacon Bits machine for the Winter Test will feature the Downs brothers – Antonio, Lucas and Matt. The trio most recently drove separate entries for Eurosport Racing in the IMSA Cooper Tires Prototype Lites series, winning the L1-class team championship for Eurosport and collectively scoring four wins and 11 podium finishes in 14 rounds of racing.
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-182187.html

I think someone's dreams have come true: A Bacon Bits sports car! But, yeah, I wonder what Gunnar Jeanette will be up to in 2012.

EDIT: Maybe the ALMS should send some Bacon Bits to Bahrain as a peace offering! Ha!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3020800)   #1565
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It looks like Core's plans are set:

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-182187.html

I think someone's dreams have come true: A Bacon Bits sports car! But, yeah, I wonder what Gunnar Jeanette will be up to in 2012.

EDIT: Maybe the ALMS should send some Bacon Bits to Bahrain as a peace offering! Ha!
I believe he will continue with the Ford Focus program in Continental Tire Challenge for the full season.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3020801)   #1566
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Jeanette always had a Conti drive the last few years, so I would be surprised to see that being his main focus.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3020802)   #1567
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I believe he will continue with the Ford Focus program in Continental Tire Challenge for the full season.
That's a small blow to the ALMS. Jeanette was one of the ALMS' more known personalities. That's not saying much, but oh well.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 01:01 (Ref:3020815)   #1568
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gunnar brought G-Oil to the ALMS and G-Oil is on the nose of the 16 Dyson. Any possibility he winds up in the 20 car?

Chris
Old 3 Feb 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3020817)   #1569
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Gunnar brought G-Oil to the ALMS and G-Oil is on the nose of the 16 Dyson. Any possibility he winds up in the 20 car?

Chris
That would be fine by me! I wonder who they have lined up for the 20? Also, the Speed article about Dyson's LM24 plans say they won't get their second new Lola until the LeMans test day. so will they run the old one in the ALMS? or just the single 2012 spec car prior to Lemans?
Old 3 Feb 2012, 02:26 (Ref:3020829)   #1570
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That would be fine by me! I wonder who they have lined up for the 20? Also, the Speed article about Dyson's LM24 plans say they won't get their second new Lola until the LeMans test day. so will they run the old one in the ALMS? or just the single 2012 spec car prior to Lemans?
John will have a story on this tomorrow. New Lola debuts at Sebring.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 02:32 (Ref:3020831)   #1571
AGD
Veteran

Ángel Rafael Ben*tez and Ángel Andrés Ben*tez will drive for NGT in GTC it seems.

http://www.acn.com.ve/deportes/item/...n-sebring.html
Old 3 Feb 2012, 13:36 (Ref:3021026)   #1572
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
John will have a story on this tomorrow. New Lola debuts at Sebring.
So single 2012 car for Sebring, plus an old Lola?
Old 3 Feb 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3021027)   #1573
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ángel Rafael Ben*tez and Ángel Andrés Ben*tez will drive for NGT in GTC it seems.

http://www.acn.com.ve/deportes/item/...n-sebring.html
Then NGT are entering 2 cars.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3021047)   #1574
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So single 2012 car for Sebring, plus an old Lola?
You have to wait for John's story.

SRSLY, don't know the answer to that one.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3021050)   #1575
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
You have to wait for John's story.

SRSLY, don't know the answer to that one.
haha, fine I'll wait!