Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Feb 2003, 00:32 (Ref:515535)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trans-Am

Anyone get a chance to see the St.Petersburg GrandPrix?
the CART-Champcar race was pretty good-Sebastian Bourdais is as good as ever- and the trans-am race-HOOOWah
That is fun roadracing- and that circuit was terrific.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 00:55 (Ref:515546)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, that Trans- Am race was terrific! The action was great from start to finish. what can you say about Boris, from last to second, and the action between him and Gentilozzi was great! Congrats to Pruitt, nice comeback! It should be a great year!

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Feb 2003, 02:57 (Ref:515609)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't get to see the Trans-Am race yet. When those guys rub, it's fun. They should have stuck Mario Haberfeld there instead of in open wheelers. Damn spoiled brat dirty racer Schumacher wanna-be.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 03:10 (Ref:515620)   #4
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Trans Am was a fun race. But man, lets forget about those 'competition yellows', good grief, that cost Menard a nice finish by getting punted at the re-start.

Good to see Scott Pruett in the car again, he did fantastic.

Good stuff.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 06:14 (Ref:515698)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The competition yellows and the mandatory pit stops are a bit artificial, I wish the respective series could lose them, and just get on with the racing.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 12:26 (Ref:515906)   #6
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that's why they threw in the 5 second rule. To make certain nobody slacks off until the yellow. Gentilozzi made sure it was a sprint race through and through. No pitstops, no saving the tires, just go for it! I noticed however that he slipped by Pruett to get his 2 points for leading a lap. Gentilozzi and the Rocketsports armada might end up defeating the purpose of their own rules!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 14:33 (Ref:516049)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The Trans-Am race was a decent tilt. With Gentilozzi only running half the races, it would seem that it will come down to a regular Said/Pruett battle, with the rest of the competitors fighting it out for third. Hopefully Miller, and Menard can suprise at some point and give the other two a bit of a struggle. But, all you need is two for a fight, so it should be interesting at times. A decent field given the amount of trouble the series appeared to be in during the off season.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 15:19 (Ref:517250)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think with Gentilozzi in charge of the series now we should see some exciting things happen in the Trans Am world.

He's aggresive to say the least, and he'll take some chances to keep the series competitive. He'll also attract new talent, and bring a better variety of cars(a few to many Jags right now)to the series

Who knows, maybe some NASCAR fans should check this series out, at least a Mustang looks like a Mustang, and a Jag like a Jag!

Anyway, the series got off to a great start in St. Pete. I know I'll be watching!

I'm kind of surprised that more people didn't see it or maybe they just didn't write in?

Danica Patrick
Old 25 Feb 2003, 17:21 (Ref:517350)   #9
ZXKawboy
Rookie

ZXKawboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The series did indeed get off to a great start, and it was good to see an old dog at the wheel, too.

With the relative fervor and fuss a new (rookie) driver brings to any series (did you *see* the number rookies in the CART race?!) it always amazes me to see how many veteran drivers get left out of the equation.

Scott Pruett did a great job, and kudos to him. He's *always* been fast, and with is re-entry into the series, it bodes well for the relative talent pool, too. Pruett was *always* fast, and only until Said came along did we see anyone *remotely* that fast (and if this race is any indication...WOW!) Pruett and Said are going to simply up the ante, and in the doing, push the skill and talent of the rest of the drivers right to the very edge.

That's never a bad thing, is it?
Old 26 Feb 2003, 03:21 (Ref:517881)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since Tomi Drissi got 3 black flags for driving like a bogus Formula Ford rookie, did he get to take it home with him?

Pruett was amazing and I am looking forward to seeing him and Boris duking it out all season -- hopefully with Michael Lewis not getting punted by opportunist people with no mirrors and giving interviews over their cell phones or whatever in Hades Drissi was doing.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 05:13 (Ref:517919)   #11
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Tomi Drissi is TransAms Mario Haberfeld!!!!!

Danica Patrick
Old 26 Feb 2003, 06:08 (Ref:517939)   #12
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know where I could get a video of Trans Am racing from the late sixties early seventies? I'm based in Oz
Old 26 Feb 2003, 06:24 (Ref:517950)   #13
LT4Z28
Rookie

LT4Z28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they should put Drissi and Haberfeld in a race by themselves. The guy who drives with his mirrors can lead the guy who has none
Matt
Old 26 Feb 2003, 15:12 (Ref:518386)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Putting those two together would be more like a demolition derby I think!!!!

Danica Patrick
Old 26 Feb 2003, 15:42 (Ref:518406)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Add in Boris and PT and put it on PPV. You'd make a fortune! Call it the "Last Man Standing Challenge"!