Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2004, 11:38 (Ref:977584)   #26
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah surely give the guy a chance... id like to see some young kids get a chance... they will be hungry for success and ANT is a fast driver... i hope Williams do give this guy a test and see how he does...
Old 21 May 2004, 12:45 (Ref:977667)   #27
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very impressive from the wee man!

Kick Sato out now and put Davidson in.

Then we see who's best, Button or Davidson.
Old 21 May 2004, 13:24 (Ref:977704)   #28
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
Was marshall Steve Green the only one of you who witnessed his race long defence of his lead at the 2000 FFFestival?
I was there too !...

Was cheering all the way for Ant as many people was that day ...I was Standing at the Desire Wilson stand , got some pictures i took of that somewhere , must dig them out again and have a look ...or dig my video out of that Festival and watch that again .

That really was a brilliant drive , how he kept his nerve after it was red flagged and he had to go all through it again with a hadful of laps left after the restart i'll never know !....Brilliant !

Old 21 May 2004, 13:47 (Ref:977727)   #29
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also , didnt Ant win races in the Kent County Formula Ford series at the end of 1999 ( when he won his 1st race at Brands after stepping straight out from Karting )....I seem to think i remember standing there watching that win too ?...

was that for Haywood racing as well ?

I also remember such rubbish being written / spouted about him in the Single seater forum here ( junior) when BAR signed him up after the festival in 2000...( I wonder if any of those are eating Humble pie now after were seeing what many people have seen for a long time now......)

Also ....while im at it....Didnt Ant have a super impressive test over at Elkhart Lake a couple of years back for a Champ Car team , where he was AGAIN on the pace straight away on a totally new track that he had never driven before and in a type of car he had never even sat in previously ?..

Last edited by Sato san; 21 May 2004 at 13:52.
Old 21 May 2004, 13:57 (Ref:977743)   #30
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ray GR98 I think. Now owned by Matt Rivett.
Old 21 May 2004, 16:15 (Ref:977870)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
put Davidson in.

Then we see who's best, Button or Davidson.
Don't get me wrong. I think it would be fantastic. The trouble is they'd be spending their time dicing and not racing the others. They come from the same stock in terms of background so it would be better to see them in different teams really.

You only have to read the quotes from Jensen about Ant's part in the testing etc.
Old 21 May 2004, 17:30 (Ref:977946)   #32
Webslinger
Racer

Webslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All you need to know about Ant's background and years in FF, etc., can be found on www.anthonydavidson.info, his official web-site.
Old 22 May 2004, 04:39 (Ref:978344)   #33
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
I know full well the history of Button and Davidson, that's why I want to see them in the SAME team!
Old 22 May 2004, 05:32 (Ref:978378)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No need to shout.
Old 22 May 2004, 08:14 (Ref:978489)   #35
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sorry, should have been in italics but I do not know HOW.
Old 22 May 2004, 08:22 (Ref:978495)   #36
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
let me teach you .. text

Ciao Marco
Old 22 May 2004, 23:36 (Ref:979179)   #37
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really do think Ant deserves a race drive. His times in testing have been very good and he seems from what I have heard to be a good development driver.

Helllooo team owners!! Isn't this what you want?

I don't know what the political stance is with Honda/Sato, but it would great to see him in a race drive.

If there's nothing going at BAR for next year, I would be very happy to see him in a Williams with Mark Webber.

I was at sat at Blanchimont at Spa during the 2002 Belgian GP and the way he hung on to the Jordan in the Minardi at the time I found impressive. Okay, MW retired early on so there wasn't a yardstick, but even so. However, as we all know a race finish in either races would have been a boost.

Incidentally, the closest I've ever been to an F1 car running was when I had to jump out of the way a bit quick of a BAR driven by Ant making his way back to the BAR 'camp' at Goodwood FOS a couple of years ago.

IIRC he was the only driver of a modern GP car that weekend to make his way through the paddock back to the garage under his own power. It was much to the delight of the spectators.