Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Apr 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3814861)   #51
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would also love a bit more variety but I take a full field of VAG cars over a small one any day.
Old 11 Apr 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3814873)   #52
kentech
Rookie

kentech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obizzz View Post
I would also love a bit more variety but I take a full field of VAG cars over a small one any day.
Totally agree.

Another one for STCC 2018?
https://www.facebook.com/rentawreckr...75786729292856
Old 17 Apr 2018, 22:16 (Ref:3816259)   #53
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Grid is looking good.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3816318)   #54
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech View Post
Totally agree.

Another one for STCC 2018?
https://www.facebook.com/rentawreckr...75786729292856
Looks like nothing came out of that, the page is now removed and I dont think there was a press conferense...

For those who didnt see, it was an invitation for a press conference (was supposed to be two days ago) where Marcus Annervi where going to present his 2018 plans with Rent-A-Wreck-Racing, who ran a JAS Honda in last years STCC.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 12:10 (Ref:3816342)   #55
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Annervi will race in Ginetta GT5 Challenge this year (they are racing at some of the STCC venues), and he targets STCC again in 2019.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3816350)   #56
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope he'll be back for 2019 then
Old 6 May 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3820434)   #57
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Can you watch this (on demand) online? SVT does no longer cover this.
Old 7 May 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3820528)   #58
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Can you watch this (on demand) online? SVT does no longer cover this.
Not for free it seems. You can watch it on C-more but you'll have to pay 199sek/month.
Old 7 May 2018, 09:08 (Ref:3820536)   #59
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that's a shame, looks like no chance for me to watch STCC in this country
Old 7 May 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3820623)   #60
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Not for free it seems. You can watch it on C-more but you'll have to pay 199sek/month.
Old 21 May 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3823712)   #61
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Anyone found a way to watch the races yet? :/
Old 21 May 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3823856)   #62
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
No
Old 22 May 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3823901)   #63
kentech
Rookie

I tried to contact STCC in many ways to get an answer on this and the future coverage plans, but I only got a reply when I contacted the CEO of STCC directly. His reply was very bland though and did not really say anything.

Don't understand how they can have been so stupid when doing the TV deal. Even in Sweden nobody has that TV channel, and obviously no one will pay 200sek per month (=per race with this years calendar) just to watch STCC when race day entry at the tracks is 250sek. I really hope they sort this very soon, as they can't be happy with the 1000(!) TV viewers they got according to reports...
Old 22 May 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3823929)   #64
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see it but they say the production was pretty bad as well

I wish they would have gone with a streaming deal via TCR-TV on Youtube.

Nothing wrong with the actual racing though. With the risk of PWR being a bit too dominant but we'll see what future races will bring.

I will be at the races but I miss being able to watch the broadcast when I get home to see all the stuff I missed from being at the other end of the track.
Old 22 May 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3823935)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Obviously coverage for this series is not a priority. Guess you have to find a way of watching it. Shame because this series has a lot of history and from what I have heard, great to go and watch
Old 22 May 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3823941)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech View Post
I tried to contact STCC in many ways to get an answer on this and the future coverage plans, but I only got a reply when I contacted the CEO of STCC directly. His reply was very bland though and did not really say anything.

Don't understand how they can have been so stupid when doing the TV deal. Even in Sweden nobody has that TV channel, and obviously no one will pay 200sek per month (=per race with this years calendar) just to watch STCC when race day entry at the tracks is 250sek. I really hope they sort this very soon, as they can't be happy with the 1000(!) TV viewers they got according to reports...
Wow didn't know the situation in Sweden itself is so bad.
Old 22 May 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3823943)   #67
kentech
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obizzz View Post
I didn't see it but they say the production was pretty bad as well

I wish they would have gone with a streaming deal via TCR-TV on Youtube.

Nothing wrong with the actual racing though. With the risk of PWR being a bit too dominant but we'll see what future races will bring.

I will be at the races but I miss being able to watch the broadcast when I get home to see all the stuff I missed from being at the other end of the track.

Exactly, that's the point I was trying to make to STCC as well. Finally a really good championship again with great racing, but no way to watch it. Also questioned why they did not go with Youtube for live coverage like other TCR series.
Old 22 May 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3824015)   #68
S griffin
Veteran

Well there’s not a lot we can do. Good racing in the series, but coverage is almost non existent
Old 22 May 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3824088)   #69
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well there’s not a lot we can do. Good racing in the series, but coverage is almost non existent
which makes it totally worthless for sponsors and co if there is no audience
Old 22 May 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3824093)   #70
S griffin
Veteran

Well if the series goes under, we know who to blame
Old 24 May 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3824433)   #71
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did manage to get the proper TV channel. Was not very happy when I found out that the coverage wasn't very extensive. It meant only one STCC race live and highlights of the other one + short highlights of some of the support races. Instead of showing at least both the STCC races live (and some hightlights in between) there were some old football documentaries instead.

Worthless compared to last year.
Old 29 May 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3825460)   #72
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen View Post
I did manage to get the proper TV channel. Was not very happy when I found out that the coverage wasn't very extensive. It meant only one STCC race live and highlights of the other one + short highlights of some of the support races. Instead of showing at least both the STCC races live (and some hightlights in between) there were some old football documentaries instead.

Worthless compared to last year.
This is a big shame. I've been able to catch up with the STCC through thick and thin via the SVT website/s — S2000, Solution F and TCR. Now, there is no way and it's sad to see.
Old 29 May 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3825481)   #73
S griffin
Veteran

What can you do? Obviously felt they weren’t getting enough exposure through the internet. Now it is nowhere to be seen
Old 7 Jun 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3827321)   #74
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What can you do? Obviously felt they weren’t getting enough exposure through the internet. Now it is nowhere to be seen
It was like a well kept secret that the races were available world wide online through the rather non-Swede unfriendly SVT Play website.

This is 2018, stream the whole race day on Youtube / Facebook. Hire a British commentator for an international feed.

All Swedes + other international niche racing fans could see it live + see it afterwards.

Would surely make more sense for the sponsors than a TV channel no one has.

But perhaps there's a reason I don't run racing series and others do?
Old 7 Jun 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3827390)   #75
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen View Post
It was like a well kept secret that the races were available world wide online through the rather non-Swede unfriendly SVT Play website.

This is 2018, stream the whole race day on Youtube / Facebook. Hire a British commentator for an international feed.

All Swedes + other international niche racing fans could see it live + see it afterwards.

Would surely make more sense for the sponsors than a TV channel no one has.

But perhaps there's a reason I don't run racing series and others do?
The thing is, STCC really has a golden opportunity to be a really great series again, it has the teams and drivers wanting in (cause theres really no other serie in Sweden to run) and we have a really great set of regulations in TCR that is still quite young with great potential for years to come.
They just need to do the same as the rest of the TCR series in Europe and try to be one step above them. And if other series stream their races (and qualifying) live for free on the internet with international commentators then STCC has to do it too, its a no-brainer in my mind. They need to reach as many as possible, to be able to create a big fanbase even outside of Sweden, so other teams and series knows whats going on in here. Look at TCR Germany, they attract entries from other European countries, look at the TCR UK, they stream races on internet and have entries from Sweden.
If STCC was aired live on Youtube or Facebook maybe Dan Lloyd could get some sponsors to do a one off to see how well he'd do against some real competition?

It really is baffling to me how badly run STCC is, year after year, some things change to the better, but many things also change to the worst. And to be honest, the TV coverage of STCC has never really been above average (rather quite far from average), but now we cant even watch it at all, which is just sad..