Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2531323)   #26
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Flav? Squirt? Ask Naomi. Piquet...called Team tactics and it worked...
That sort of personal humour is not really necessary or appropriate here, spouses should be left out of it.

Better to come up with something equally funny about Flav and or Renault etc, I think.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2531331)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

What a tragic joke Formula 1 has become in recent years.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2531336)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

What a tragic joke Formula 1 has become in recent years.
Are you still watching NASCAR?

Oh,and apparently you have to eat your genitals now!?
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2531337)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have already honoured the deal. Most delicious.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2531340)   #30
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I have already honoured the deal. Most delicious.
Just to be sure could you post the the video on youtube
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2531348)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No.

Get back to discussing the investigation of a race from ages ago.

When are they doing Suzuka 1990 etc...?
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2531350)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
This is very sad news if there is any truth in the matter...
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2531355)   #33
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
That sort of personal humour is not really necessary or appropriate here, spouses should be left out of it.

Better to come up with something equally funny about Flav and or Renault etc, I think.
Please go to bed; Its a bit late for you isnt it??
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2531357)   #34
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
The question is getting the evidence, of course they could always do a Nixon and "accidentally" wipe the tapes.

EDIT : The SC is not simply a spiceup (it can be used as a spiceup if it is over-used, but IIRC that incident was more than one that could be sensibly mopped up under local yellows - that's why they deployed it). The only real alternative is a red flag. Super Local Yellows or whatever wouldn't work as they don't bunch the cars up for picking up debris.
Last year's Safety Car rules were introduced to 'spice up' the racing. Any way, I don't see the problem with the 'Code 60' as used in a couple of racing series.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2531360)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Here we see Piquet practicing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feXvq...eature=related

and then...
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2531365)   #36
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
No no youre wrong; Its Badoer testing....
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2531371)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
No no youre wrong; Its Badoer testing....
Nope! It's unmistakably Piquet.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2531375)   #38
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Hes obviously tutored by Badoer
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2531483)   #39
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, F1 actually believes theses conspiracy theories do they?

Whilst it seemed weird, i think it's crap. Make your second driver just to win a race? What about the damage to the other car and having to fix that and the money that would cost the team? To me I think it's crap.

That's like saying Kubica was ordered to crash into Vettel and take them both out so Brawn would get a 1-2 finish on their first attempt. Rubbish I know. In the race surely drivers want the best for THEMSELVES. I know F1 is a team sport, but why would a driver crash for his team mate to win? Your main rival on track of course is your team mate.

I think it's just a case of Piquet still being bitter about being rubbish and wishing to stir up trouble. Renault, just pay him some money and he might shut up and go away.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2531490)   #40
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, it's F1. Expect anything

It's like the rumours going round this weekend that Force India, BMW and Toyota were getting the best tyres because their futures are in doubt. It's probably not true but you wouldn't discount it. There has been a lot of drama in recent years, at times verging on jumping the shark - things like Lewis winning the title on the last corner and Brawn winning first time out are almost too wacky to be true

In this case, they say they have evidence, and the FIA feel the need to launch an investigation. That would probably suggest to me whatever evidence they have, it's pretty significant and valid. In which case, Renault are probably guilty. But we shall see what the evidence is - I'm sure we'll find out soon enough

Oh, and maybe, after the failed attempt in the summer, Renault will this time be banned, and at the second time of asking, Alonso will end up in a Ferrari early. How convenient would that be?
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2531500)   #41
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
I know F1 is a team sport, but why would a driver crash for his team mate to win? Your main rival on track of course is your team mate.
"Nelson, you know you've had a really really bad year? That you could be out of a drive very soon? On a totally unrelated note, Renault really needs Alonso to win one..."

I'm keeping an open mind on this, it could be mere gross incompetence on Nelsinho's part, but there are occasions where drivers have created their own yellows in US racing or assisted team-mates (famously Indy 1991, Mario stopping on track to let Michael have a shot at Mears). This sort of thing was always possible when F1 decided to reintroduce the show car.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2531509)   #42
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another one I remember is Sears Point 2006, when Herta conveniently spun and stalled, causing a yellow which allowed fuel-short Marco to creep home to win. Allegedly, anyway
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2531512)   #43
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Whilst it seemed weird, i think it's crap. Make your second driver just to win a race? What about the damage to the other car and having to fix that and the money that would cost the team? To me I think it's crap.
Didn't Renault have to finish so high up in the Constructors' Standings last year in order to not give Alonso an escape clause on leaving Renault for this season? That would far override a solitary Piquet crash, and it's not like Piquet continuing on finishing 13th would have paid more points than DNF.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2531528)   #44
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They'll be telling us the CIA shot Kennedy next...
Old 30 Aug 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2531543)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think it's just a case of Piquet still being bitter about being rubbish and wishing to stir up trouble. Renault, just pay him some money and he might shut up and go away.
If it's true, and I hope it's not the case, it comes from the same guy who was allowed his team to have an illegal car and when asked to retreat after the biggest tragedy in F1 history, refused to do so. I'm afraid this is not the lowest F1 has ever got, but it doesn't surprise me if Briatore is involved... or any of the top guys from the last three decades in F1.
About Renault giving money to Piquet, I'm assuming it's a joke.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2531544)   #46
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Max would love to see Briatore gone before October after what happened in 94

What a great ending that would be for him - 3 new teams in F1 and 2 of his great adversaries out of F1
Old 30 Aug 2009, 22:50 (Ref:2531548)   #47
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumacher's pathetic "accident" in Monaco qualifying was surely as bad as anything Renault may have done in Singapore.Ferrari must have known about that but didn't suffer any fall out. I seem to remember BOTH Ferrari's spinning off at Silverstone as well, just to make sure they avoided qualifying in the rain.

Apparently,selling your soul to the Devil doesn't concern the World of F1.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2531558)   #48
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
About Renault giving money to Piquet, I'm assuming it's a joke.
I don't think I have read that suggestion so far. I agree it sounds most unlikely.

What sounds far more likely, as ensign14 has suggested, is that Nelsinho was told that if wanted to keep his drive for this season, then he should carry out a small favour for the team.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2531564)   #49
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Schumacher's pathetic "accident" in Monaco qualifying was surely as bad as anything Renault may have done in Singapore.
That reminds me. Can't remember who it was that said it but someone said that Piquet couldn't have done it intentionally because he crashed into the wall so hard - he could've just spun and stalled in a dangerous place, as that would be cheaper. On the other hand, someone else around the time of Monaco 06 (maybe Keke Rosberg?) said Michael would've made it look more convincing had he damaged his car instead of just stalling it. So maybe they were listening to him
Old 30 Aug 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2531570)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Renault, just pay him some money and he might shut up and go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I don't think I have read that suggestion so far. I agree it sounds most unlikely.
Jamesy did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
What sounds far more likely, as ensign14 has suggested, is that Nelsinho was told that if wanted to keep his drive for this season, then he should carry out a small favour for the team.
I thought of that too, but what really sounds troublesome is that, if all this is true, Piquet Jnr career is permanently damaged while if he has silenced about this he would still have a fair chance to put it on rails again and move on.