Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 8 Jan 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2102034)   #1
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fast lap sim

Hi all

i found on the web this software page and, since it is really cheap in the comparison with others simulation packages, i am wondering if anyone had ever used it and if anybody can tell me his opinion about it's accuracy.

Which kind of analysis can it perform? which kind of data it accept as input and which it produces as output (together with lap times)?

thx all!
Old 8 Jan 2008, 18:16 (Ref:2102047)   #2
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
may help if you included which software you were talking about and a link to the page ( if thats allowed )

Hey theres a software page on the web doesn't really give a great insight into its uses.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2102153)   #3
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's this one your talking about

www.chassissim.com

then yes, it can perform some very in depth simulation. It's main benefit is it's tyre and circuit modelling is very good. It can also take into account bumps which makes a huge difference.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 09:00 (Ref:2102398)   #4
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
software name is in the thread title...Fast lap sim

i supposed you could understand it...

www.proracingsim.com/fastlapsimmainpage.htm
Old 11 Jan 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2103964)   #5
TEAM78
Racer

United Kingdom
TEAM78 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ChassisSim is far superior. however you may be able to achive what you want out of fast lap sim but if your using ADAMS with it all I doubt it. If I was you Id ask the Uni to try and get you a single copy of ChassisSim. They should stack up the money not you being its for your project plus Uni's usually provide £75 or so to each student to help with studies. No harm in asking. People are usually helpful when it comes to projects
Old 13 Jan 2008, 16:03 (Ref:2105291)   #6
quest
Rookie

quest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chassissim

Is Chassissim the commerical version of Dynamic Response that Mark Preston was developing?
Old 16 Jan 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2107303)   #7
Matt22
Rookie

Matt22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody have any UK circuit files for Chassis Sim?
Old 17 Jan 2008, 02:53 (Ref:2107731)   #8
TEAM78
Racer

United Kingdom
TEAM78 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If you contact ChassisSim, they can sort tracks out for you for the UK. Support is very good. Its quite easy creating basic track maps though. you need lateral acceleration and a wheel speed, this will create the curvature profile of what the driver has driven (the racing line). For a more complex map you will need more sensors though. you can build track maps up with a bump profile which includes altitude and road camber and vary the mu around the circuit if you want. probably thats meant for the pro teams though.
from my experience its best to build maps of actual data of the car. as there could be a difference between racing lines and nearly all race cars carry a lat g sensor and a wheel speed nowadays.

With a basic circuit map though you can get good results. Its down to the limits of the users understanding and the data you collect of the car.