Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jan 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3194131)   #251
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I'm away for a few days, when the list is announced on 1st February, can we end the 'speculation' thread and start a new one for the real deal?
Old 25 Jan 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3194154)   #252
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
30 requests for GTE. So is it safe to say that 25 of those will be accepted and the other 5 will be reserves? 30 spots left for LMP. Probably 10 or 11 for LMP1. So that means 20 or 19 for LMP2. All reserves will probaly be LMP2, unless the Hope Flybrid will be a reserve.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3194165)   #253
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
71 entries, that is way down on what we have had in the last few years. I guess it i a sign of the times.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3194173)   #254
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
71 entries, that is way down on what we have had in the last few years. I guess it i a sign of the times.
There were 71 entries in 2011 and less in 2012. I've read that somewhere, forgot where I read it.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3194217)   #255
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Planet Le Mans perhaps?

http://www.planetlemans.com/2013/01/...for-56-places/

40 LMP1/LMP2 among the entries along with 30 GTE (plus the 56 pit of course).
Old 25 Jan 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3194247)   #256
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Autosport (I know, never the most reliable) put the entry figures at 41 LMP1/2 cars - which I find astonishing.

Does this much machinery even exist?
Old 25 Jan 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3194252)   #257
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Autosport (I know, never the most reliable) put the entry figures at 41 LMP1/2 cars - which I find astonishing.

I suspect a few teams have filed two entries despite having a single car available, but if you scour the workshops of every race team in the world, I suspect you would end up with about 35-40 "legal" LMP cars in total.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3194264)   #258
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With that number then we're likely looking at 30 P2's so that's where most of the cuts will be.

I'm hoping there will be a few nice surprises. I might miss the announcement too as I'm in Mallorca at the time. No matter what gets picked it's not going to affect my enjoyment of the race. Can't wait!
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3194294)   #259
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As I'm away for a few days, when the list is announced on 1st February, can we end the 'speculation' thread and start a new one for the real deal?
Please do Ayse!
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3194295)   #260
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And, as we were saying... no Conquest at Le Mans. http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-15485.html
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3194296)   #261
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
With that number then we're likely looking at 30 P2's so that's where most of the cuts will be.

I'm hoping there will be a few nice surprises. I might miss the announcement too as I'm in Mallorca at the time. No matter what gets picked it's not going to affect my enjoyment of the race. Can't wait!
I agree, the race will be spectacular no matter what .
And have a nice trip Simmi, when it comes to it!
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3194303)   #262
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
There were 71 entries in 2011 and less in 2012. I've read that somewhere, forgot where I read it.
Actually on the ACO web site.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3194308)   #263
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I agree, the race will be spectacular no matter what .
And have a nice trip Simmi, when it comes to it!
Thanks Mathias. See you there!

Five months to go.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3194315)   #264
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

1 of the 41 is the GreenGT.

I guess 11 of the 41 are LMP1. 3x Audi, 2x Toyota, 2x Rebellion, 1x Strakke, 1x JRM, 1x Oak Pescarolo and 1x Hope Flybrid. Perhaps Dyson will surprise us again, but I doubt it.

Trying to come up with LMP2 car numbers here:
2x HPD by Level 5
3x Lola-HPD (2x Coupe, 1x Open) by Level 5
2x Lotus T128 by Kolles
2x Lola-Lotus-Judd by Kolles
2x Lola-Nissan by Gulf Racing Middle East
3x Zytek-Nissan by Greaves
2x Oreca-Nissan by Signatech
1x HPD by 8Star
1x HPD by Starworks
1x Oreca-Nissan by TDS
1x Oreca-Nissan by Sebastian Loeb Racing
2x Morgan-Nissan by Oak Racing
1x Zytek-Nissan by Jota
1x Morgan-??? by Morand Sport
1x Oreca-Nissan by Pecom
1x Lola-Judd by Status/HVM
1x Oreca-Nissan by Murphy
1x Morgan-??? by KCMG
1x Bailey-??? by ???
1x Lola-??? (open) by DKR (I'm guessing this is the ex Pecom Lola)
1x Oreca-Judd by Race Performance
1x HPD by OREX Competition
1x Oreca-Nissan by Boutsen Ginion Racing
1x Oreca-Nissan by ADR-Delta
1x Radical-Roush by Project Libra
1x Norma-Judd by ??? (does anyone know if Extreme Limite actually sold it)

And some possible chassis:
1x ???-??? by AF Racing International
2x ???-??? by Atlantic Racing Team

So 36 LMP2 exist that we know of. 39 if we include the last 2 teams, they said they'll do ELMS and AsLMS respectively.

I'm sure I forgot a few and don't forget that there are some spare chassis laying around also. Most of them are probably Lola's.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3194371)   #265
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

I guess 11 of the 41 are LMP1. 3x Audi, 2x Toyota, 2x Rebellion, 1x Strakke, 1x JRM, 1x Oak Pescarolo and 1x Hope Flybrid. Perhaps Dyson will surprise us again, but I doubt it.

2x HPD by Level 5
2x Lotus T128 by Kolles
1x HPD by 8Star
1x HPD by Starworks
1x Oreca-Nissan by TDS
1x Zytek-Nissan by Jota
1x Oreca-Nissan by Pecom
1x Morgan-??? by KCMG
1x Bailey-??? by ???

So 36 LMP2 exist that we know of. 39 if we include the last 2 teams, they said they'll do ELMS and AsLMS respectively.

I'm sure I forgot a few and don't forget that there are some spare chassis laying around also. Most of them are probably Lola's.
5 Level 5 cars??? No way.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 03:13 (Ref:3194406)   #266
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

2x HPD by Level 5
2x Lotus T128 by Kolles
1x HPD by 8Star
1x HPD by Starworks
1x Oreca-Nissan by TDS
1x Zytek-Nissan by Jota
1x Oreca-Nissan by Pecom
1x Morgan-??? by KCMG
1x Bailey-??? by ???

I wanted to comment a little bit more constructively, in hindsight, on your work. Good job on this! It was recently announced that Level 5 were thinking Le Mans a difficult prospect this year. You can bet that Kolles will be bringing his two new (and beautiful!) Lotus T128s to Le Mans... or go down trying. No reason for me to believe he entered old models.

I think Gulf Racing Middle East will do one car for the WEC but two for Le Mans. Maybe Rostan, Giroix, Deletraz, Jousse, Badey, and Fatien this time?

Could Greaves possibly enter three? It's always possible... just not, in any way, probable. It would be just as unlikely that, say, TDS or Pecom would enter two cars. Where would all those drivers come from? Formula 1 test drivers? GP2? GP3? Formula Renault? So many young, talented drivers that could easily go very quickly in LMP2... but they have Formula 1 ahead of them, so they'd have to be persuaded with a huge budget from an LMP2 team. That's why it is so unusual for drivers like Oliver Turvey to get inducted, or induct themselves, into sportscar racing if they like Formula 1 just the same.

I can see a couple of Asian Le Mans LMP2 teams entering, as well.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3194420)   #267
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I don't think Greaves would attempt to enter three but if they did the third would certainly get pulled.

Unless they put something together for Fabien Barthez, maybe with a little name change and they could get it through.

Anyone know anything about Fabien's plans? Seemed like he was set to do the race.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3194424)   #268
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
5 Level 5 cars??? No way.
Yes way, I don't think they sold their 2011 cars. One of the Lola coupes was leased to Black Swan (before being crashed at Long Beach), and apparently the Dempsey car was also a Level 5 car on-lease.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3194436)   #269
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Could the Deltawing be allowed in - especially if it were entered directly by Nissan - there is a rumour that Nissan has bought a couple of closed top versions???
Old 26 Jan 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3194438)   #270
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Could the Deltawing be allowed in - especially if it were entered directly by Nissan - there is a rumour that Nissan has bought a couple of closed top versions???
Not this year, it's not legal under LMP rules and Garage 56 is taken by the GreenGT.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3194443)   #271
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I wanted to comment a little bit more constructively, in hindsight, on your work. Good job on this! It was recently announced that Level 5 were thinking Le Mans a difficult prospect this year. You can bet that Kolles will be bringing his two new (and beautiful!) Lotus T128s to Le Mans... or go down trying. No reason for me to believe he entered old models.

I think Gulf Racing Middle East will do one car for the WEC but two for Le Mans. Maybe Rostan, Giroix, Deletraz, Jousse, Badey, and Fatien this time?

Could Greaves possibly enter three? It's always possible... just not, in any way, probable. It would be just as unlikely that, say, TDS or Pecom would enter two cars. Where would all those drivers come from? Formula 1 test drivers? GP2? GP3? Formula Renault? So many young, talented drivers that could easily go very quickly in LMP2... but they have Formula 1 ahead of them, so they'd have to be persuaded with a huge budget from an LMP2 team. That's why it is so unusual for drivers like Oliver Turvey to get inducted, or induct themselves, into sportscar racing if they like Formula 1 just the same.

I can see a couple of Asian Le Mans LMP2 teams entering, as well.
Perhaps I should have been more specific. I was just trying to come up with LMP2 car numbers all over the world, not for the 2013 24h of Le Mans. Someone was asking how many LMP2 actually exist, so I tried to come up with something.

About Level 5. No, I don't think Level 5 will bring all 5 cars to Le Mans. Only the 2 HPD's most likely. But they said in a recent interview about ALMS that they still own the 3 Lola's.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3194548)   #272
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Perhaps I should have been more specific. I was just trying to come up with LMP2 car numbers all over the world, not for the 2013 24h of Le Mans. Someone was asking how many LMP2 actually exist, so I tried to come up with something.

About Level 5. No, I don't think Level 5 will bring all 5 cars to Le Mans. Only the 2 HPD's most likely. But they said in a recent interview about ALMS that they still own the 3 Lola's.
Who would they get to drive that car? All I can think of is Scott Tucker, Luis Diaz, and Christophe Bouchut. Perhaps Jon Fogarty and Tim Pappas with Black Swan. Otherwise... ???

EDIT: Updates

Last edited by Beetle; 26 Jan 2013 at 18:43.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3194609)   #273
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Barbosa , Franchitti , Brabham , Fernandez , Montagny ..... loads of HPD experianced drivers out there .
Old 26 Jan 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3194630)   #274
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
One of the interesting things for me in the lead-up to the race is where, if anywhere, will Tom Kimber-Smith pop up?

Surely the two-time reigning P2 champ won't miss out on a ride.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3195303)   #275
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
One of the interesting things for me in the lead-up to the race is where, if anywhere, will Tom Kimber-Smith pop up?

Surely the two-time reigning P2 champ won't miss out on a ride.
Apparently re has re-joined Greaves.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2013/01/...rship-in-2013/
Closed Thread