Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 Jun 2016, 19:37 (Ref:3647486)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2016 Isle of Man TT Races

I don't see a thread but I did find that Velocity is carrying delayed coverage this year for the US audience after not doing so last year. Their coverage was decent as HDNET so I am looking forward to it.

Proceedings began yesterday and looks as though there already has been 2 sad incidents and the Mountain course has claimed two more riders. Let's hope that is the only sad mark on this year.

Truely an awesome event that I need to get to before too long.

Always have one man dominate for a period of time and that man right is Michael Dunlop

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 5 Jun 2016 at 20:00.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 04:19 (Ref:3647574)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Michael Dunlop shredded them in the Superbike race,lap record on the first lap and he just keep pulling away.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 12:08 (Ref:3647935)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Michael Dunlop shredded them in the Superbike race,lap record on the first lap and he just keep pulling away.
He's incredible on the mountain course. Quick discussion was had by the Velocity hosts if has dethroned John McGuinness as King of the Mountain. He's certainly close.

Unfortunately, I missed the superbike race but caught the recap and sidecar race 1 last night. Couldn't make it all the way through the supersport race. Trying to avoid results, but the coverage lends itself to be enjoyable when results are known. Such fun to watch!

Weather looks fantastic but is sure to change in the Irish Sea at a moment's notice.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3648078)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The lap in question for Michael. Never ceases to amaze me the speeds and proximity of stationary objects.

https://youtu.be/5nlzxR6lN7Q
Old 7 Jun 2016, 22:39 (Ref:3648096)   #5
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Sidecars are good value to watch,the swinger earns his money around the course.
Altough reliability appeared to be an issue they kept conking out,but it appears to be pretty hard on the units around the course there.
Still 140 mph through the streets of a town with next to no suspension looks fun.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 07:02 (Ref:3648386)   #6
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
As ever, I'm currently over here. Still in awe at Hutchy. Who'd have thought he'd have managed his achievements this year and last after Silverstone 2010? Even if you don't like the fella (which I can't see any reason for!) you have to recognise the height of this performance.

Shame about Dunlop on Monday, but dem da rules... Dean Harrison is a bit of a revelation too this year.

So - picks for the Senior? My money's on Mother Nature looking at the forecast :/
Old 9 Jun 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3648439)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp View Post
As ever, I'm currently over here. Still in awe at Hutchy. Who'd have thought he'd have managed his achievements this year and last after Silverstone 2010? Even if you don't like the fella (which I can't see any reason for!) you have to recognise the height of this performance.

Shame about Dunlop on Monday, but dem da rules... Dean Harrison is a bit of a revelation too this year.

So - picks for the Senior? My money's on Mother Nature looking at the forecast :/
I got to get there one day. Hope it's been enjoyable for you.

Watched Monday's proceedings last night and this monring and Hutchy is impressive indeed as a big man on a 600. I guess I never realized he was so close to Michael in TT wins. I tend like his riding style and soft spoken demeanor.

Tough luck for Michael x2. Really been frustrating week after the Superbike race.

I can barely understand a word Dean Harrison says!

McGuinness is my sympathetic choice for senior but gotta think its between M. Dunlop and Hutchy, as its been all week. Weather has been beautiful this year so that luck may be running out?
Old 9 Jun 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3648500)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Forecast is now better for tomorrow than the original "lots of rain" but today and yesterday had real problems with mist & fog. That could be the challenge tomorrow.

Assuming we race Micky D remains most on form in the big bikes. But last year McGuinness surprised us on Friday and is devoid of wins so far this week so will be gunning for it.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3648521)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Holy wheelies!
Old 10 Jun 2016, 09:10 (Ref:3648666)   #10
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Put me down for Bruce Anstey to win the big one.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3648682)   #11
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cameron Donald won't be racing in Senior's, according to his Twitter!
Old 10 Jun 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3648697)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Put me down for Bruce Anstey to win the big one.
You homer!

Sympathetic choice, for sure. They say he's not been 100% and is black and blue all over. Assuming he had an off sometime recently?

I am avoiding all of it until I catch the Velocity broadcast tonight. Should be a cracker!
Old 12 Jun 2016, 23:31 (Ref:3649245)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Dunlop breaks records and takes the Senior.

Unfortunately, the day and event ends with the course claiming a few more riders. Thoughts with their families.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 09:29 (Ref:3649312)   #14
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
A bit of bad blood between Dunlop and Hutchinson at the final press conference.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3649439)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
A bit of bad blood between Dunlop and Hutchinson at the final press conference.
Just debriefed a little on it. Didn't Dunlop place 2nd in the supersport race in which he was disqualified?

Seems a bit childish, all 'round. A shame, really, as these two are clearly the class of the field on the road, but they don't seem to be showing much class off the course. Maybe I am misreading the media's portrayal.
Old 30 Aug 2016, 09:40 (Ref:3668591)   #16
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Has anyone been following the Classic TT this weekend? Micky D showing his continued form; and McGuiness showing both an unusal error falling off at Quarterbridge in practice before finally finishing a race on the Paton!
Old 13 Jan 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3702418)   #17
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Truely an awesome event that I need to get to before too long.
Just booked flights and accomodation for my first time yesterday
T-140
Old 14 Jan 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3702532)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Just booked flights and accomodation for my first time yesterday
T-140
Jealous. Enjoy good sir!
Old 15 Jan 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3702689)   #19
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Jealous. Enjoy good sir!
Thanks, Sir !
Maybe I stumble into Asp by full accident like I photobombed Roy Moore's attempt of filming his sons team awning at Frohburg last year. (a story of its own )
Old 15 Jan 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3702704)   #20
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Thanks, Sir !
Maybe I stumble into Asp by full accident like I photobombed Roy Moore's attempt of filming his sons team awning at Frohburg last year. (a story of its own )
I forgot to add that you can read up on the above mentioned incident at https://www.facebook.com/andreduerkop/