Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Dec 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1791181)   #1
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last V8 Supercar Race on Ten

This Sunday marks the last time (for the next bunch of years anyway) we will see V8 Supercars on Channel 10 when the last round of the Fujitsu Series goes to air.

Yes, there has been some cr&p coverage from time to time over the years and plenty of ill informed comments from various presenters, but all in all the sport i love has grown enourmously over the last few years and this is in part due to the hard work and dedication of the Channel 10 people - and of course Redmax!

So thanks to all involved.

I can't wait to see this weekends racing. We will see some very defensive driving from that man Wakefield and the continuation of Thompsons great Bathurst form, and also the "out of no where" performance of White (Damien, not Matthew). And then there was Denyers awesome move in Race 2. Should be fantastic.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1791188)   #2
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recently I have been converting my old videod races to DVD, and mark my words, its a MASSIVE improvement over what we were served by 7 in their last few years at the helm.

Thanks for the memories, and for the laughs!
Old 15 Dec 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1791315)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done to #10, they did a good job.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1791324)   #4
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I was wondering how they were going end it. Ch10 and RPM always have covered the big issues affecting the V8 Supercars, but ironically the biggest thing in a long time they were never going to cover. They couldn't say "Tune in next year with crompton and the gang at Channel 7." Seemed a little sad to sum up 10 years of telecast in the last 5mins of the phillip island telecast.

Last edited by Christopher; 15 Dec 2006 at 11:51.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1791793)   #5
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will miss seeing the entire gang (minus DIF! as he is just like the fat guy no one liked at school hehe...)

The likes of Thruster, Beattie, and Crompo would have to be some of the funniest guys I have ever seen working together! and then off camera it is even more so!

Lets hope Neil is let loose a little bit more like "panelbeaters" as he has had to keep a tight lid on his humour levels on the box

also loved the final minutes with the "voices in my head" and the best clips going!!! BRAVO!
Old 17 Dec 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1792545)   #6
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Whoray CH10 & Welcome Ch7
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 18 Dec 2006, 02:04 (Ref:1793214)   #7
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsf1
Lets hope Neil is let loose a little bit more like "panelbeaters" as he has had to keep a tight lid on his humour levels on the box

also loved the final minutes with the "voices in my head" and the best clips going!!! BRAVO!
Agree, and yes that was fantastic. I liked it when they showed Skaife crashed on lap 1 of Bathurst and one of the crew gasp like they've seen a ghost.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.