Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 May 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1313294)   #1
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larry from Poke-A-Moo-Cow

thanks to racenews......

Other matters:

Following an investigation by the IPO, Paramount Motorsport (Team Perkins Racing) was charged with a breach of the rules, providing false information to a Stewards Hearing (B2.1.2). The charge related to information given by Mr Larry Perkins at the Stewards Hearing convened on 27 April 2005 to hear the charge of reckless driving against Paul Dumbrell at Pukekohe, New Zealand. Paramount Motorsport did not admit to a breach of the rules and requested a Stewards Hearing. The Stewards opened a hearing and found the charged proved against Paramount Motorsport. The Stewards imposed a penalty of a fine of $10,000 (summary of Stewards' Hearing available). Paramount Motorsport has lodged an appeal against the Stewards' finding and the penalty.
Old 29 May 2005, 10:20 (Ref:1313322)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now that is a character assassination if ever I saw one... will LP push it to the full extent of his legal faculties? I would hope so, but with the brave new world of TPR... who knows...

Mr Wollerman may need to be careful here... there are many QC's at or near pitlane these days, and where such a statement may be proven untrue, and harmful to Mr Perkins, there may be recourse (and damages...) from the civil system..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 May 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1313375)   #3
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Now that is a character assassination if ever I saw one... will LP push it to the full extent of his legal faculties? I would hope so, but with the brave new world of TPR... who knows...

Mr Wollerman may need to be careful here... there are many QC's at or near pitlane these days, and where such a statement may be proven untrue, and harmful to Mr Perkins, there may be recourse (and damages...) from the civil system..
As i've said before GTR, give a fool a bit of power and the only thing you end up with is a powerful fool.
Old 29 May 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1313407)   #4
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

GTR, the statement says "providing false information" not "deliberately providing false information" that could be the difference......just a thought.
Old 29 May 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1313436)   #5
Matt H
Veteran

be interesting to know "what" this "false evidednce" is ..........

did he say dumbrell was a good driver ?????
Old 29 May 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1313468)   #6
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he said he still owned the team ?
Old 29 May 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1313491)   #7
Matt H
Veteran

well he may not own the franchise, but he should still own the team, gtr does he ?
Old 31 May 2005, 05:18 (Ref:1315330)   #8
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like pleading "not guilty" and then being found "guilty" makes the plea "false information" in the eyes of this court....
Old 31 May 2005, 05:39 (Ref:1315339)   #9
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
update

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Motorspor...?oneclick=true

Perkins $10,000 poorer as Bathurst great slugged for 'false information'
May 31, 2005

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport has fined six-time Bathurst winner and now team boss Larry Perkins $10,000 over false information that he was alleged to have given at an earlier CAMS hearing.

The fine, issued by CAMS stewards at the weekend, related to a high-speed crash between 22-year-old Perkins team driver Paul Dumbrell and WPS driver Craig Baird in the Pukekohe round of the V8 supercars championship.

So far, CAMS has issued $36,250 in fines over the incident. CAMS hit Dumbrell for $15,000 and deducted championship points while the sport's governing body fined WPS team owner Craig Gore $11,250 for remarks he had made to the Perkins team in the pit lane shortly after the incident. CAMS said in a statement that Perkins had provided false information at a stewards' hearing on April 27 when, at the request of Dumbrell, Perkins appeared as the team's authorised representative.

Perkins operates the team but a group called Paramount Motorsport owns the outfit and the CAMS statement said that Perkins had stated he fully owned the racing car company, yet supporting paperwork had not been produced. The statement said that Perkins had given information that he knew to be false.

Paramount Motorsport has lodged an appeal against both the stewards' finding and the penalty imposed.
Bob Jennings

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 31 May 2005, 06:46 (Ref:1315380)   #10
Matt H
Veteran

who owns paramount motorsport ????
Old 31 May 2005, 07:44 (Ref:1315415)   #11
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt H
who owns paramount motorsport ????
I think Larry Perkins and maybe Rod Nash, i think
Old 31 May 2005, 07:54 (Ref:1315420)   #12
Matt H
Veteran

dat being the case, perkins technically does own the team

i doubt larry would share his team with anyone, i know rod nash has done alright, but i couldnt see larry sharing his team with anyone :d

but, who knows the way this sport is going ????????
Old 31 May 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1315591)   #13
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, call me Mr out of date, (which, the older I get, the more I feel) but of the 4 cars LP runs, who really owns & Controls the franchises they run under?
Old 31 May 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1315604)   #14
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Surely if the information Larry gave was incorrect, then the penalty should be applied to Mr Perkins himself, not Paramount Motorsport? Or are they saying that Larry and Paramount Motorsport are close enough to the same thing? But then the information he gave isn't incorrect any more, so how can they penalise him?

Sounds to me like CAMS is trying to have their cake and eat it too.
Old 31 May 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1315605)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are 3 cars operating under the Paramount deal, the #11 Richards car (using the #43 PWR franchise on lease) and the #24 Dumbrell car (using the #24 Romano franchise on lease) Mr Nash has a separate deal with Autobarn/Mr Davison, so despite also being inside the Paramount mob, is not considered as part of the grouping according to the Kelvinmonster... how, presumably the entrant is different...

Mr Little owns the Toll franchise Mr Tratt operates from, with Perkins Engineering providing technical services for a fee each year....

Given that these guys even bunk next to one another at race meetings, it wouldnt be a stretch to suggest the 4 cars should be grouped as a single team
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 May 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1315623)   #16
Matt H
Veteran

lp leases 2, rod nash owns one, plr owns the other
Old 31 May 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1315627)   #17
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Quote:
.... Mr Nash has a separate deal with Autobarn/Mr Davison, so despite also being inside the Paramount mob, is not considered as part of the grouping according to the Kelvinmonster...
Can I infer from that then that to constitute a "mob" Paramount is more than just Larry and Rod?