Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Apr 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4045092)   #316
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
So no speccies at the Donington HF. ☹

Nope -MSV will be in touch about refunds, apparently.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4045093)   #317
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Nope -MSV will be in touch about refunds, apparently.
Yes there are 3 choices:
1/carry over to '22
2/refund
3/Use for another meeting later in the year.

Seems more than reasonable?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4045107)   #318
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dam I can't go to the HSCC Snetterton meeting then 17/18 April I have been looking forward to this meeting for over a year, I have been Shielding since March last year, I brought a weekend ticket and a new long carmera lens I wanted to try out. Looks like a weekend seating here watching TSL

Fingers crossed for for Cadwell in June if we not in Lock Down again by then.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 8 Apr 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4045144)   #319
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An old bloke has been asked to do some scrutineering at Monaco, he cant wait to see a 125 in the flesh.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 21:44 (Ref:4045227)   #320
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
An old bloke has been asked to do some scrutineering at Monaco, he cant wait to see a 125 in the flesh.
High Speed Train?!?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4045238)   #321
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does seem faintly ridiculous then, that after April 12th, I could attend a boot fair or similar with as many as 4000 others possibly in something like a 10 acre field - but I can't attend a club race meeting at an outdoor venue of perhaps 250 acres that's likely to be attended by a few hundred people? Go figure!

I get the argument that they're lumping all sports in together for these purposes, and social distancing may be problematic with 4000 people in a stadium, for example, but the argument doesn't hold water as far as I'm concerned: it doesn't take a genius amongst the powers that be to realise that there's a huge difference between the aforementioned stadium and a 250 acre outdoor race track.

Yes, I appreciate that all the football fans would be up in arms if we were allowed to go to race meetings but they weren't allowed to go to football matches. But my response to that would be to refer them to the above: use your common sense and accept the fact that there's a big difference between a semi-enclosed football stadium and a wide open 250 acre race circuit venue. Accept it, get over it and move on!

Admittedly, I recognise the flaw in this plan is probably expecting the average football fan to use their common-sense!
Old 9 Apr 2021, 05:24 (Ref:4045256)   #322
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
High Speed Train?!?
Ferrari. His hotel room and plane ticket were just confirmed this is why I strongly believe that at least Monaco will happen and on schedule. But nowadays…
Old 9 Apr 2021, 05:55 (Ref:4045257)   #323
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
High Speed Train?!?

A Fiat?
Old 9 Apr 2021, 06:48 (Ref:4045259)   #324
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Nor a Lancia! https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_125_S
V 12, 1497 cc, if I made a typo, apologies. By the way the max power announced was not so bad considering the era imo.
Old 9 Apr 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4045263)   #325
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Very very nice!!
Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4045265)   #326
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Agreed! That's why my friend, very much experienced, is like a child about to re-discover wonders. Not a spoiled child at all!

https://acm.mc/edition/grand-prix-de...rience/videos/
Dont ask about a potential live streaming, I did not find the answer…
Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4045270)   #327
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
It does seem faintly ridiculous then, that after April 12th, I could attend a boot fair or similar with as many as 4000 others possibly in something like a 10 acre field - but I can't attend a club race meeting at an outdoor venue of perhaps 250 acres that's likely to be attended by a few hundred people? Go figure!

I get the argument that they're lumping all sports in together for these purposes, and social distancing may be problematic with 4000 people in a stadium, for example, but the argument doesn't hold water as far as I'm concerned: it doesn't take a genius amongst the powers that be to realise that there's a huge difference between the aforementioned stadium and a 250 acre outdoor race track.

Yes, I appreciate that all the football fans would be up in arms if we were allowed to go to race meetings but they weren't allowed to go to football matches. But my response to that would be to refer them to the above: use your common sense and accept the fact that there's a big difference between a semi-enclosed football stadium and a wide open 250 acre race circuit venue. Accept it, get over it and move on!

Admittedly, I recognise the flaw in this plan is probably expecting the average football fan to use their common-sense!
I agree.

I am a football fan and have no intention of going to see BHA in the flesh for a while yet . . . . but will probably go to a few non league games where I can standup, on the touchline . .much like an historic race meeting. as opposed to crammed in a stand in an uncomfortable seat, like F1!
Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4045274)   #328
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I agree.

I am a football fan and have no intention of going to see BHA in the flesh for a while yet . . . . but will probably go to a few non league games where I can standup, on the touchline . .much like an historic race meeting. as opposed to crammed in a stand in an uncomfortable seat, like F1!

But as I alluded to before, every sport feels that they are a special case, and can "police" the proper spacing of spectators, and yes, they possibly can. And as I also said, the government doesn't need to be lobbied by any interested parties, yet they are all at it. For example, Yorkshire Cricket Club have been begging the government to be made a special case, and they state that they can assure the authorities that it will be carefully monitored.

This way, everyone is treated the same, and there is no favouritism. And it's not the end of the world to have to wait a few more days to watch cars going around a track in person.

Stay safe everyone.
Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4045277)   #329
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
on R4 this morning some bloke from the Premier league was bleating on about safety being paramount, wanting to get fans back in the grounds, mentioning cricket rubby etc, but you could tell by his tone his underlying consideration was dosh. Understandable for most, but as a BHA supporter its patently clear 30000 bums on seats is small beer income wise, its all sponsorship and TV, how else do you fund 30 blokes on £50k a week
Old 12 Apr 2021, 08:02 (Ref:4045658)   #330
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Formula Ford Historic France has put out a press release to the effect that they are cancelling their races at Spa on 16-18 July as they are racing at Albi the week before & the financial commitment would be too much.