Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Mar 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4101109)   #2076
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Hamster View Post
Parfitt - Team Hard.
In an Infiniti and not a Cupra
Old 3 Mar 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4101110)   #2077
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Parfitt - Team Hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
In a FaceBook post yesterday, Rick Parfitt reponded to a question by stating that if you're expecting to see him in the BTCC this year you're gonna be disappointed.
This is getting annoying...
Old 3 Mar 2022, 19:08 (Ref:4101111)   #2078
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
This is getting annoying...
According to someone on here, Parfitt signed a GT deal weeks ago and categorically was not coming back.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4101116)   #2079
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
According to someone on here, Parfitt signed a GT deal weeks ago and categorically was not coming back.
Is he one of the thr….oh never mind
Old 3 Mar 2022, 20:09 (Ref:4101119)   #2080
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So - what did Parfitt actually say.

John David Athey:
'When you gonna announce your in the btcc����'
Rick Parfitt Jnr - Race Driver:
'John David Athey good try. Sadly you might be disappointed. ��'

I guess it depends on how far you want to read into the comment. Technically, he only said 'might' be disappointed. On a grammatical basis, you could argue that it is not an absolute that he won't be in the BTCC.
Many here will recall Dan Rowbottom's words last season when a query about him being at TD was mentioned: 'i doubt that TD would even consider me to be honest, but it’s nice to be in the frame.'

So it is possible that Parfitt may be trying to throw people off the scent, and the Rowbo example would indicate that it is a possibility.

* I know next we will read a post that will claim with absolute certainty that Parfitt has signed a deal outside of the BTCC, but until the announcement is public, then there is no evidence to confirm beyond all doubt *
Old 3 Mar 2022, 20:22 (Ref:4101120)   #2081
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Chilton has always brought considerably more to any team he's ever driven for than any of his team mates, that's always been pat of his appeal and that's a fact! How do you think 888 managed to run Giovanardi?!

It's not about being stupid, it's just the way moder day BTCC works. It's not necessarily all money straight out of the Chilton's own pocket, but his position brings on board far more backing from others than most (arguably) better drivers do, and hence why Chilton is always welcomed with open arms by any team.
Come on. That's not what you said. Your comments were he was pretty much paying 200% for his drive... which is ludicrous.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4101121)   #2082
Squiggs
Rookie

Squiggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick has recently posted that news would be coming soon, and that "because of language barriers, it's taken time to sort this year"... Foreign language, or regional dialect?...
Old 3 Mar 2022, 21:38 (Ref:4101129)   #2083
Andy Hamster
Rookie

Andy Hamster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes in an Infiniti.
Some naughty devil posted a screenshot of press release email on Reddit, it's gone now.
I assume it's for release tomorrow if it's out today.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 21:51 (Ref:4101130)   #2084
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes in an Infiniti.
Some naughty devil posted a screenshot of press release email on Reddit, it's gone now.
I assume it's for release tomorrow if it's out today.
A genuine email - or a mock-up based on this:

Old 3 Mar 2022, 22:32 (Ref:4101131)   #2085
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A genuine email - or a mock-up based on this:

Nah, that's just one of HARDs passenger lap days. Doesn't mean a thing.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4101132)   #2086
Andy Hamster
Rookie

A photo of him with newly bleached hair, at the Team Hard desk, giving the heavy rock horns with his hand while signing a contract, and a bottle of Yazoo at the side.
Titled Upton Steel with Team Hard.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 22:51 (Ref:4101133)   #2087
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Nah, that's just one of HARDs passenger lap days. Doesn't mean a thing.
I know. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this latest 'rumour'.

Is it just speculation based on his Infiniti lap days was my thought. But apparently we have both 'a screenshot of press release email' and a 'photo of him signing a contract'.

All sounds a bit fishy at the moment. The photo would be attached to the press release, which means the reported 'scoop' is not consistent.

Also, I know HARD. are linked to Laser Tools, but Yazoo are currently (as far as we know) are backing the Cupras, not the Infinitis.

"The union will see YAZOO’s impressive brand presence continue throughout the campaign, with a pair of the squad’s iconic Cupra Leons running under the ‘YAZOO with Team HARD. Racing’ banner."
Old 4 Mar 2022, 07:07 (Ref:4101147)   #2088
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I know. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this latest 'rumour'.

Is it just speculation based on his Infiniti lap days was my thought. But apparently we have both 'a screenshot of press release email' and a 'photo of him signing a contract'.

All sounds a bit fishy at the moment. The photo would be attached to the press release, which means the reported 'scoop' is not consistent.

Also, I know HARD. are linked to Laser Tools, but Yazoo are currently (as far as we know) are backing the Cupras, not the Infinitis.

"The union will see YAZOO’s impressive brand presence continue throughout the campaign, with a pair of the squad’s iconic Cupra Leons running under the ‘YAZOO with Team HARD. Racing’ banner."
Maybe they were unable to source a sheet of steel for the photo?
Old 4 Mar 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4101156)   #2089
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was mention of Rob Huff working with Lada for 2022 - this will now have fallen apart. Can we start the rumour that he will be in BTCC for 2022 instead?
Old 4 Mar 2022, 09:51 (Ref:4101159)   #2090
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Iconic?!?
Old 4 Mar 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4101160)   #2091
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
A photo of him with newly bleached hair, at the Team Hard desk, giving the heavy rock horns with his hand while signing a contract, and a bottle of Yazoo at the side.
Titled Upton Steel with Team Hard.
So a HARD entry... replacing a Cupra or are they now running five cars??
Old 4 Mar 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4101161)   #2092
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
HARD don't need anymore entries, in some ways they've got too many as it is. Personally I think they would do just fine if they had only Taylor-Smith and Goff in the team
Old 4 Mar 2022, 10:50 (Ref:4101169)   #2093
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Maybe they were unable to source a sheet of steel for the photo?
Something doesn't seem quite right about the rumour at the moment.

Apologies Andy Hamster if it seems cynical, but:

New poster opens with a driver / car combo that has been considered as highly unlikely previously.
Follows up with a 'screenshot of press release email claim'.
This morphs into an apparent photo of said driver, with details that are inconsistent with previous press releases.

In previous releases the Laser Tools side of the operation confirmed that they are planning to run a 3rd Infiniti under the Laser Tools banner.
In previous releases the HARD. side of the operation confirmed that they are running 2 Cupras under the Yazoo banner.

Now apparently we have an Infiniti driver, signed for HARD., promoted with Yazoo, yet the team name is Upton Steel with.....
Yet Tony Gilham has not primed us for an announcement in any way?

Old 4 Mar 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4101171)   #2094
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Something doesn't seem quite right about the rumour at the moment.

Apologies Andy Hamster if it seems cynical, but:

New poster opens with a driver / car combo that has been considered as highly unlikely previously.
Follows up with a 'screenshot of press release email claim'.
This morphs into an apparent photo of said driver, with details that are inconsistent with previous press releases.

In previous releases the Laser Tools side of the operation confirmed that they are planning to run a 3rd Infiniti under the Laser Tools banner.
In previous releases the HARD. side of the operation confirmed that they are running 2 Cupras under the Yazoo banner.

Now apparently we have an Infiniti driver, signed for HARD., promoted with Yazoo, yet the team name is Upton Steel with.....
Yet Tony Gilham has not primed us for an announcement in any way?

An interesting point in all this is who Carl Boardley sold up too? He answered a question on his Facebook page, stating I won’t be racing BTCC, sold up! So whereas previously the TBL’s were loaned, has someone actually purchased them? Example Gilham buying the two Boardley TBL’s and Carl’s Infiniti? Leaving HARD with 5 TBL’s 4 Cupra’s, an Infiniti and a partridge in a pear tree?!?!
Old 4 Mar 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4101175)   #2095
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
An interesting point in all this is who Carl Boardley sold up too? He answered a question on his Facebook page, stating I won’t be racing BTCC, sold up! So whereas previously the TBL’s were loaned, has someone actually purchased them? Example Gilham buying the two Boardley TBL’s and Carl’s Infiniti? Leaving HARD with 5 TBL’s 4 Cupra’s, an Infiniti and a partridge in a pear tree?!?!
I guess all of that is a possible, I'm just a bit dubious about the Yazoo connection. If Parfitt and Gilham have put together a deal for an Upton Steel with HARD. Infiniti entry - where does Yazoo's sponsorship of the Cupra pair fit in?
Old 4 Mar 2022, 12:27 (Ref:4101178)   #2096
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess all of that is a possible, I'm just a bit dubious about the Yazoo connection. If Parfitt and Gilham have put together a deal for an Upton Steel with HARD. Infiniti entry - where does Yazoo's sponsorship of the Cupra pair fit in?
Yeah maybe they’ll appear on all Team Hard cars? But just as title sponsors of Geoff’s & Taylor-Smiths?
Old 4 Mar 2022, 12:38 (Ref:4101179)   #2097
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If this is true, perhaps it's just a case of product placement.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4101181)   #2098
Andy Hamster
Rookie

It's popped up on this twitter feed that I look at, don't follow, it blocks you if you do.
Always putting stuff out before it happens.
Not sure if it looks legit though now to be honest.
https://twitter.com/PresleyKurt/stat...15230154248204
Old 4 Mar 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4101182)   #2099
Andy Hamster
Rookie

It has popped up on Twitter. Check #BTCC - click latest.
Does look a bit dodgy mind.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4101187)   #2100
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
It has popped up on Twitter. Check #BTCC - click latest.
Does look a bit dodgy mind.
Just a bit of a dodgy account! Not sure why you would go to all that effort if it was faked though.

Really hope that's instead of a Cupra but somehow I think HARD will be running 5 cars... ridiculous.