Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Mar 2022, 13:28 (Ref:4101190)   #2101
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#PoweredbySwindon(?)

https://twitter.com/SwindonPower/sta...TniVVd1kxLiftw

#PoweredbySwindon

Not MSport? So Excelr8 keeping Swindon unit and calling it a Hyundai engine?
Old 4 Mar 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4101195)   #2102
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks dodgy, but that account has leaked embargoed news before, my main account got blocked when I followed it, check it with my business account every now and then. It did have the Alpine F1 launch photos up about 10 mins before they were published and the Williams renders.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:02 (Ref:4101196)   #2103
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post

#PoweredbySwindon

Not sure they can do that if it isn't a Hyundai engine?
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:02 (Ref:4101197)   #2104
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Come on. That's not what you said. Your comments were he was pretty much paying 200% for his drive... which is ludicrous.
I said that Chilton was covering his own drive, plus 50% at least one other driver in the time, which is correct. It's what Chilton has always brought to any team he's raced for.

How much of that is straight out of his own pocket and how much is down to the commercial partners he attracts is something no one can answer but those who are part of such deals, but that's the big attraction of Chilton, but he's a very solid driver. Always been around the top of the level below "elite", but has always been competitive and a race winner when in a decent seat.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:04 (Ref:4101198)   #2105
Squiggs
Rookie

Squiggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Hamster View Post
It has popped up on Twitter. Check #BTCC - click latest.
Does look a bit dodgy mind.
Not dodgy at all... Just been confirmed...
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:07 (Ref:4101200)   #2106
mprmke
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Chilton's solid, but no megastar. Sometimes he has struggled to get results. 888 always had the attraction of being a big team, so Gio could have gone there anyway

Hopefully Chilton can show something this, it would be easier to find something else. He just needs a car and team he do justice in. Might take a bit of time with the Hyundai, but things should get better
888 were "the" team at the time, but is the late 2000's, even with decent works backing for the time, they couldn't have afforded Giovanardi without Chilton at the time.

As above, Chilton has always been a very solid driver. Not on the elite level of Turkington, Sutton or Plato and the like, but always amongst the best of the rest, but it's always been about the whole package with Chilton. His family's money and his commercial viability have always made him one of the most attractive drivers on the grid for any team. Ingram in 2022 may be a better driver, but Chilton is still more famous and still brings more to the team in many other ways than Ingram can, and that's how modern-day BTCC works.

Chilton's money and backing will help Exceler8 develop this season and grown them as a team, he gets himself back into what should be a very competitive seat and they get a very good driver to boot. Win/win for everyone involved.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4101201)   #2107
mprmke
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
Not dodgy at all... Just been confirmed...
Parfitt gets his wish. Another crack at the BTCC, in a RWD car...
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4101205)   #2108
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Good to see him back he is a real character out of the car but Team HARD need to stop trying to run the entire field.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4101206)   #2109
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So which one of you said he had a GT drive all signed and ready?

Difficult to see much improvement if he's on the (very large) HARD side of the garage. Back to two Laser Tools branded cars I assume.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:53 (Ref:4101209)   #2110
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Something doesn't seem quite right about the rumour at the moment.

Apologies Andy Hamster if it seems cynical, but:

New poster opens with a driver / car combo that has been considered as highly unlikely previously.
Follows up with a 'screenshot of press release email claim'.
This morphs into an apparent photo of said driver, with details that are inconsistent with previous press releases.

In previous releases the Laser Tools side of the operation confirmed that they are planning to run a 3rd Infiniti under the Laser Tools banner.
In previous releases the HARD. side of the operation confirmed that they are running 2 Cupras under the Yazoo banner.

Now apparently we have an Infiniti driver, signed for HARD., promoted with Yazoo, yet the team name is Upton Steel with.....
Yet Tony Gilham has not primed us for an announcement in any way?

Does it sit right now with you
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:54 (Ref:4101210)   #2111
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport:

"Following LTR’s split with former title-winning Subaru team BMR Racing, its Infinitis for Aiden Moffat and Dexter Patterson are being run out of Hard’s premises, and now one of the cars will be fielded for Parfitt under the Hard name alongside its regular four Cupras"

Also...

“The team clearly shares my passion for putting on a show, but at the same time is hugely focused on delivering consistent results."

Yep, certainly consistent.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 14:54 (Ref:4101211)   #2112
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Good to see him back he is a real character out of the car but Team HARD need to stop trying to run the entire field. 7 cars is a bit of a joke.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 15:30 (Ref:4101213)   #2113
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post

#PoweredbySwindon

hyundai engine built by swindon
https://www.touringcars.net/2021/07/...yundai-engines
Old 4 Mar 2022, 15:40 (Ref:4101214)   #2114
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
888 were "the" team at the time, but is the late 2000's, even with decent works backing for the time, they couldn't have afforded Giovanardi without Chilton at the time.

As above, Chilton has always been a very solid driver. Not on the elite level of Turkington, Sutton or Plato and the like, but always amongst the best of the rest, but it's always been about the whole package with Chilton. His family's money and his commercial viability have always made him one of the most attractive drivers on the grid for any team. Ingram in 2022 may be a better driver, but Chilton is still more famous and still brings more to the team in many other ways than Ingram can, and that's how modern-day BTCC works.

Chilton's money and backing will help Exceler8 develop this season and grown them as a team, he gets himself back into what should be a very competitive seat and they get a very good driver to boot. Win/win for everyone involved.
Do you know Chiltons commercial deals ? Because based on the conversations I've had in and around various paddocks when I'm racing.... I'm off the slightly informed position that your vue is not the reality. But by all means we're here to share our opinions.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 15:51 (Ref:4101215)   #2115
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post

Looks like that deal has moved onwards then.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4101219)   #2116
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Does it sit right now with you
So - I'll freely admit, I was cynical about it. But, turns out my cynicism was misplaced.

In my defence:
Quote:
On a grammatical basis, you could argue that it is not an absolute that he won't be in the BTCC.

So it is possible that Parfitt may be trying to throw people off the scent, and the Rowbo example would indicate that it is a possibility.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 16:22 (Ref:4101221)   #2117
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On to the next left field conundrum. Bert Taylor posting on Instagram under a picture of a BTCC winners board ‘I really can’t wait for this to start #btcc simply the best’

So Smiley under his Restart Racing banner???
Old 4 Mar 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4101223)   #2118
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So a few more announcements this week to move the grid forward.

Firstly, George Gamble at Ciceley gave us another JST entry.
Then we had Crees announced at PMR, which also confirmed the entry as being Astras (another JST entry).
We then got a change of title sponsor for EXCELR8's first two cars, giving them the longest name on the grid (Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com).
To round the week off, another JST entry in one of the most 'rumour-ish' reveals of the off-season so far as Parfitt Jr was announced at HARD. in a Q50.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Entry List.png  
Old 4 Mar 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4101225)   #2119
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Parfitt gets his wish. Another crack at the BTCC, in a RWD car...
And with Hexathron coming to HARD., then he might be really competitive.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4101227)   #2120
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So a few more announcements this week to move the grid forward.

Firstly, George Gamble at Ciceley gave us another JST entry.
Then we had Crees announced at PMR, which also confirmed the entry as being Astras (another JST entry).
We then got a change of title sponsor for EXCELR8's first two cars, giving them the longest name on the grid (Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com).
To round the week off, another JST entry in one of the most 'rumour-ish' reveals of the off-season so far as Parfitt Jr was announced at HARD. in a Q50.
I’m not sure if Crees will be a JST entry because he’s a previous winner
Old 4 Mar 2022, 17:13 (Ref:4101228)   #2121
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
And with Hexathron coming to HARD., then he might be really competitive.
Seen others say that Hexathron are not too brilliant.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 17:14 (Ref:4101229)   #2122
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
On to the next left field conundrum. Bert Taylor posting on Instagram under a picture of a BTCC winners board ‘I really can’t wait for this to start #btcc simply the best’

So Smiley under his Restart Racing banner???
Can't be Bert. He used an apostrophe!

Hope Smiley can get a seat either way.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 17:34 (Ref:4101230)   #2123
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yes, my mistake. I'd just looked at overall results and forgot about that rule.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4101233)   #2124
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Actually, from Autosport:
“I’m absolutely over the moon to be back in the BTCC, so glad to finally get a deal done,” said Crees, who remains eligible for the Jack Sears Trophy in 2022.

I don't know why though.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4101234)   #2125
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Actually, from Autosport:
“I’m absolutely over the moon to be back in the BTCC, so glad to finally get a deal done,” said Crees, who remains eligible for the Jack Sears Trophy in 2022.

I don't know why though.
I'd assume to bolster entries?