Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Mar 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4101512)   #2151
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Normally, you would think that to be the case.

But, recently we have heard that BTC have not purchased a new FK8 - so that may free up a TBL?
I'm going to guess that's the most likely source of a TBL for them... Thinking we'll see Butel back at Exceler8.
Old 7 Mar 2022, 17:06 (Ref:4101514)   #2152
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I'm going to guess that's the most likely source of a TBL for them... Thinking we'll see Butel back at Exceler8.
Still holding out hope for Dan Zelos graduating.

Also because that would result in a team of Tom, Tom, Dan and Dan.
Old 7 Mar 2022, 17:45 (Ref:4101518)   #2153
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Also because that would result in a team of Tom, Tom, Dan and Dan.
<Insert gif of Alan Partridge using a Sat Nav>
Old 8 Mar 2022, 06:37 (Ref:4101572)   #2154
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Jason Plato is having a garage sale on Ebay to support the crisis in Ukraine.

Love or hate him you have to say he is doing his bit to help.

https://twitter.com/jasonplato/statu...Astne_cEnExgng
Cannot find a listing anyone got a link?
Old 8 Mar 2022, 07:06 (Ref:4101573)   #2155
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
It'll be online by the end of the week. Think he has a lot of cataloging to do.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 07:51 (Ref:4101574)   #2156
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep he's he's still sorting through everything. I'm sure he'll post when it's all up.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 14:10 (Ref:4101611)   #2157
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so any announcements expected this week ?
Old 8 Mar 2022, 16:45 (Ref:4101627)   #2158
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Rick Parfitt is still looking for sponsors - which does beg the question: does he have the budget for the full season or is he going to drop out?
Old 8 Mar 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4101632)   #2159
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe he'll sell the car to someone else, as he now feels it's too expensive. Wouldn't be surprised to see him drop out
Old 8 Mar 2022, 18:54 (Ref:4101650)   #2160
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was at Croft today to watch some Ginetta testing, found out they're charging on the door for the April BTCC test. Fiver a shot. Won't hit me, I'm off on me holidays to Alicante!
Surprised they taking dough though.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 10:12 (Ref:4101730)   #2161
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Was at Croft today to watch some Ginetta testing, found out they're charging on the door for the April BTCC test. Fiver a shot. Won't hit me, I'm off on me holidays to Alicante!
Surprised they taking dough though.
Circuits don't run on the free Who cleans the toilets for example who pick up the inevitable litter? A fiver? Hardly ripping anyone off
Old 9 Mar 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4101732)   #2162
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The gate fees will go to TOCA though - not the circuit.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4101733)   #2163
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
TOCA need to make sure they make a profit, which is why they promote the series so well
Old 9 Mar 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4101747)   #2164
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Sunday admission for Donington is £33. Its getting to the point where I think its becoming too expensive to attend when you add on the rest of the expenses associated with attending. I will still probably go to one or two events, but I think the days of me attending most or at least half of the races will be gone.

I know it was 20+ years ago, but I still have a Silverstone ticket stub from 1998 and it cost £15 entry for race day.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4101749)   #2165
C12TLN
Rookie

C12TLN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sunday admission for Donington is £33. Its getting to the point where I think its becoming too expensive to attend when you add on the rest of the expenses associated with attending. I will still probably go to one or two events, but I think the days of me attending most or at least half of the races will be gone.

I know it was 20+ years ago, but I still have a Silverstone ticket stub from 1998 and it cost £15 entry for race day.
£15 in 1998 was just over £28 with inflation last year, and with inflation rising will be more this year, so not a huge rise in real cost. I understand the associated costs too (less said about catering the better) but there aren’t too many better value days out in my opinion.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 11:30 (Ref:4101751)   #2166
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take a flask and some sandwiches
Old 9 Mar 2022, 11:49 (Ref:4101754)   #2167
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
The gate fees will go to TOCA though - not the circuit.
Says who? And if it is the case TOCA have hired the track so who pays the Teams? If it is the teams then they are entitled to lock the gates so what is better? Mlan about a fiver or have a nice relaxed low key day out ?
Old 9 Mar 2022, 12:22 (Ref:4101758)   #2168
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Says who? And if it is the case TOCA have hired the track so who pays the Teams? If it is the teams then they are entitled to lock the gates so what is better? Mlan about a fiver or have a nice relaxed low key day out ?
It works slightly different to that.

At official pre-season test days, the regulations state that 'Costs will be split equally amongst all participating/registered teams.' So if the track is being hired by TOCA, the cost of hiring the track will be split amongst the 32 TBL holders.

There may be an element of the cost being offset by the ticket sales, and so reducing the financial hit for the teams.

In summary, as I understand it:
The track is hired by TOCA - this covers the circuit's running costs.
TOCA then take the proceeds from the gate to off-set the cost of hiring the venue.
Once the gate takings have been taken from the cost of hiring, the remaining balance is then passed on to the 32 TBL holders to pay.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4101760)   #2169
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I miss the days of the Octogon season pass.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4101790)   #2170
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a fiver for a full day at Croft is a bargain really. Sure to have the full field out plenty during the day with the new thingamajig hybrid contraption.
Darlo has plenty of decent bakers, and with Ginsters off the menu we're all okay to bring stuff in from Greggs now. Almost tempted to cancel my holidays and switch them for when BTCC race at Croft.
Not keen on the place on a BTCC weekend, the portable facilities are knackered by Friday lunchtime usually!
Old 9 Mar 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4101800)   #2171
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C12TLN View Post
£15 in 1998 was just over £28 with inflation last year, and with inflation rising will be more this year, so not a huge rise in real cost. I understand the associated costs too (less said about catering the better) but there aren’t too many better value days out in my opinion.
The relative price is interesting - it hasn't really increased by that much. Out of curiosity, I've just compared some of the first events I attended in 2005 - in real terms, club racing has either stayed the same or, in a handful of cases, gone down. Some programmes also seem to have gone down in price in real terms. However, the key issue is that many, many other things have gone up in real terms, which of course lessens the availability of cash to pay for things.

I can understand that some may be reticent to pay for a test day - particularly there is not guarantee regarding the amount of running that one may see. Although to my mind, for a fiver, it's probably worth a punt.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 16:10 (Ref:4101807)   #2172
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C12TLN View Post
In the past I have never really bothered paying for grandstand seats, but I have always thought it worth it at Brands Hatch, so for the last 10 years I have always got a Paddock Hill stand seat as well, which would tip the entry and seat into the £50 quid territory. Its the one event where I have always thought the expense was worth it for the view it gives you.

I saw that the TCR / F3 / BGT event tickets are £22 for race day, so I may give that a go instead, particularly if TCR gets a decent grid for 2022.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4101808)   #2173
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Maybe there's a need to do The Great Escape in reverse? Or hide some peeps in the car boot...
Old 9 Mar 2022, 16:56 (Ref:4101810)   #2174
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Maybe there's a need to do The Great Escape in reverse? Or hide some peeps in the car boot...
Those were the days Now you would get arrested for people smuggling
Old 9 Mar 2022, 19:36 (Ref:4101837)   #2175
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That would work at Oulton, every other track they'd have a nice day stuck in the boot