Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 12 Jan 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4093421)   #1291
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...initi/7218171/

Autosport article stating Ricky Collard is aiming for a return, potentially with Laser Tools, which would be great!

Crees linked with Ciceley, among three others...!
Old 12 Jan 2022, 14:55 (Ref:4093422)   #1292
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now we know were the Boardley TBL went , one to HARD and one to Aiden Moffat

12 drivers confirmed and 20 still unknown

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbotten
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ???
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Michael Crees ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Senna Proctor ??

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington ?
BMW 330 - WSR - Sthephen Jelley ??
BMW 330 - WSR (Rokit) - Jake Hill

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan

BMW 330 - Ciceley - ????

Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Jack Butel ?

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Ash Sutton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Aron Taylor Smith

Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????
Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Dexter Patterson

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Ricky Collard ???

Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - ????
Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - ????

Last edited by porsche962fan; 12 Jan 2022 at 15:02.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 15:52 (Ref:4093430)   #1293
InYourMirrors45
Rookie

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Ricky can sort something out, be good to see him get a full season. As for Crees in a BMW, the less said the better.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4093431)   #1294
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Hopefully Ricky can sort something out, be good to see him get a full season. As for Crees in a BMW, the less said the better.
Greatly agree on both points!

Still hoping we'll get a couple of the MINI front runners 'graduating'.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 16:06 (Ref:4093433)   #1295
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
As for Crees in a BMW, the less said the better.
IIRC - his last time in RWD machinery was fairly successful?

Given the comments from Ciceley and Crees, that looks like the most likely destination for him at the moment.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 16:08 (Ref:4093434)   #1296
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog has a real shot at the championship!BTCC frog has a real shot at the championship!BTCC frog has a real shot at the championship!BTCC frog has a real shot at the championship!BTCC frog has a real shot at the championship!BTCC frog has a real shot at the championship!
I think you should take Michael Crees out of BTC; the Jade Edwards comment was probably referring to him returning to the BTCC, not the team. I suspect the four teams he is in discussion with are Ciceley, HARD, Laser Tools and PMR. Although he said on Instagram that he already had a drive
Old 12 Jan 2022, 16:16 (Ref:4093437)   #1297
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
IIRC - his last time in RWD machinery was fairly successful?
In the Am category though, a long way off the pros.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4093438)   #1298
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to see Collard in an Infiniti. Disappointed he hasn't already completed at least 1 full season in the BTCC and thunk he'd be most at home in RWD machinery.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 17:41 (Ref:4093454)   #1299
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think you should take Michael Crees out of BTC; the Jade Edwards comment was probably referring to him returning to the BTCC, not the team. I suspect the four teams he is in discussion with are Ciceley, HARD, Laser Tools and PMR. Although he said on Instagram that he already had a drive
My speculation about Crees's done deal could be PreMatuRe.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4093481)   #1300
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Greatly agree on both points!

Still hoping we'll get a couple of the MINI front runners 'graduating'.
If they do graduate and turn out to be no higher than 20th all-year, will you slag them off like you do with everyone else who is not meeting your high standards?
Old 13 Jan 2022, 08:20 (Ref:4093545)   #1301
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Interesting to see Ricky Collard wanting to come back into the BTCC. No surprise he's hoping for the Laser Tools Infiniti. Would probably suit his style
Old 13 Jan 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4093610)   #1302
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Karun Chandhok mention with ten question marks yet?
Old 13 Jan 2022, 20:54 (Ref:4093625)   #1303
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Mondeo Man33 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what the base engine is for the new M-Sport power unit? I think a Ford unit had been speculated but I haven’t seen any confirmation.
Old 13 Jan 2022, 22:10 (Ref:4093633)   #1304
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two changes for 2022.

A) There will be some form of external LED indicating that the hybrid power is being deployed.

B) The organisers will ensure that the hybrid power is used in a way that sees the slowest cars competing at the front.

Peter Riches:
"The challenge to the teams will be quite big, and whether the back of the grid can keep up with the front initially is debatable, but we can do all sorts of things such as limit the guys at the front to allow the rear to catch up again while everybody understands the new system"

Alan Gow:
“The hybrids won’t externally change a car’s behaviour most of the time, they’ll still look and sound as they do. The only time the audience will know they’re being used will be the immediate increase in performance, as well as some external LED lights that will signal when the hybrid is active."
Old 13 Jan 2022, 22:15 (Ref:4093634)   #1305
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Jade Edwards has confirmed that (currently) she does not have a firm deal for 2022. But, does tag BTC so it seems there or nothing?