Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 May 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1302159)   #26
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, with BMS getting the FIA GT deal, that just leaves Team Dubai, Team Dynamics, Team Rahal, DPR/Blundell/Brundle, Larbre Competition, Team Rosberg, Russian Age Racing and doubtless a few others I've forgotten as squads which have been linked to Aston Martin for 2006. How many cars are Prodrive planning to build???
Old 16 May 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1302190)   #27
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Will still be interesting though, as the C5R might drop down the rankings next year. There isn't anything left to develop about it, as it drives at the moment is as good as it gets, apart from improvements in the setup wich they might still be able to find as they don't have that much experience with the car yet.
The differences between the C5-R and C6.R aren't so great as to preclude development on the C6.R from being transferred. Not all of it, of course, but a substantial amount.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 May 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1302192)   #28
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Welcome to the new Prodrive supermarket park your car here and we'll have an Aston for you in no time!"
Old 16 May 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1302202)   #29
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Well, with BMS getting the FIA GT deal, that just leaves Team Dubai, Team Dynamics, Team Rahal, DPR/Blundell/Brundle, Larbre Competition, Team Rosberg, Russian Age Racing and doubtless a few others I've forgotten as squads which have been linked to Aston Martin for 2006. How many cars are Prodrive planning to build???
Derek Bell's team.....
Old 16 May 2005, 14:37 (Ref:1302257)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They plan to support 3 factory teams, each with 2 cars (see their website)
Old 16 May 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1302260)   #31
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but Im pretty sure that team Dynamics are entering FIA GT, and not the LMES. And we already know BMS are heading back to the FIA GT championship too, and Rahal will be doing the ALMS. So does this mean no works supported DBR9's for the LMES?
Old 16 May 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1302263)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Were did you read about Team Dynamics and AM? This is new for me.
Old 16 May 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1302264)   #33
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
One team FIA GT, one team LMES and one team ALMS? So Prodrive forces their buyers to do the championship they want?
Old 16 May 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1302266)   #34
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who knows Fire, but Im certain BMS are doing FIA GT and that Team Dubai have also said they are entering the FIA GT championship. And im pretty sure Rahal is doing the ALMS, so who does that leave for the LMES? Unless Prodrive of course has changed its plans and is increasing its programme to 4 teams?
Old 16 May 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1302267)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Cirtek with AM

Quote:
Cirtek Motorsport is proud to announce that it will be the first private team to compete with the Aston Martin DBR9 in the FIA GT Championship. The car will be present at the official test day at Spa on 12 July and will make its race debut at the 24 hour race at the end of the month.

The Russian Age Racing entry at Spa will be driven by regular drivers Christophe Bouchut, Nikolay Fomenko and Alexey Vasiliev and they will be joined by a fourth driver who will be announced shortly.
Old 16 May 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1302271)   #36
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bouchut in an Aston - nice, very nice
Old 16 May 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1302272)   #37
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There are to be 3 works backed cars, but also I thought there were others available for purchase and race. So there could well be many more teams running Astons next year
Old 16 May 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1302372)   #38
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aston have already said there will be 3, 2 car teams in each major championshp, backed to some extent by Prodrive.

Other customer cars will also be available.
Old 16 May 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1302404)   #39
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pretty cool that Cirtek and Russian Age get the first privateer DBR9... they definitely deserve it after the pace they have shown with their 550. i wonder what will become of their Ferrari by the way? i'm guessing it was a lease deal with Care Racing so it probably goes back to them...
Old 16 May 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1302457)   #40
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
A shame that Bouchut is still to be paired with Vasiliev and Fomenko. I know they're rather the raison d'etre of the team, but I was really hoping that Cirtek would expand to two cars and run Fomenko/Vasiliev and Bouchut with another fast pro. Still, look forward to seeing the blue Aston at Spa.

Aston Martin Racing are non-committal about Spa, right?
Old 17 May 2005, 10:22 (Ref:1302872)   #41
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I found this story on www.lmsr.net today linking Team Rosberg to a possible place in the 2006 FIA GT championship with Aston Martin DBR9. Would be more excellent news for the FIA GT championship particulary with the announcement of the return of BMS and new team GTC (see dailysportscar.com). GT racing is looking good for the future.
Old 17 May 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1302877)   #42
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is what is team Rosberg doing at the moment? If its the DTM, is it a another pointer that series is in terminal decline?
Old 17 May 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1302882)   #43
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Is what is team Rosberg doing at the moment? If its the DTM, is it a another pointer that series is in terminal decline?
No the team was in the DTM in 2004 but isnt anymore and is looking for another series to compete in, as the article states. You think the DTM is in decline? Perhaps, Opel arent going to be there in 2006 after all, at least in a works capacity. At least thats the official line at the moment, it will be interesting to see what unfolds over the coming months.
Old 17 May 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1302890)   #44
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be, as you say Opel are pulling the plug, Audi may reduce there involvement when the R10 come on stream next year and as yet there are no confirmed takers for the old Zytek Rover project.

Maybe it could be replaced with a local German GT series like the old Grp 5/6 that evolved into to a Grp C series before the DTM was born? that would be good! Remember the old Norsring 'money races' that drew teams from across the world?

Pretty sure I saw Kremer where linked to a come back of some discription as well. More likey to be a Porsche, but they have other links as well.
Old 17 May 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1302894)   #45
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
As long as its the DTM that suffers and not the LMES or FIA GT championship Im not too bothered. As much as I love the DTM it will never hold a candle to the LMES or FIA GT series IMO. Perhaps if the DTM does collapase, or at least loose stature it will benefit the new German GT championship? The privateer teams will want somewhere to go after all. Still, all this is a long way off, if it happens at all. The DTM is very strong and I dont see it dying away any time soon.
Old 17 May 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1302947)   #46
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
The DTM is very strong and I dont see it dying away any time soon.
I do. If Opel pulls the plug next year only Mercedes and Audi will be left. And a championship can't run at 2 brands. On top of that Audi is rumoured to stop the DTM project. So I'm not too sure about the DTM's future, even though the formula is great and it draws a viewers.
Old 17 May 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1302952)   #47
iconic
Racer

iconic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
v8 supercars in australia runs on 2 brands.. but i'm sure DTM will survive, merc has thrown in alot of money this season..
Old 17 May 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1302960)   #48
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Team Rosberg is currently competing in the Formula 3 Euroseries.
Old 17 May 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1302977)   #49
GTfan
Rookie

GTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Russian Age Aston is ready! Debut in Spa (FIA GT). Ferrari is still for LMES (Convers Team) and 24h Le Mans (Cirtek)
Old 17 May 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1302999)   #50
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
There are to be 3 works backed cars, but also I thought there were others available for purchase and race. So there could well be many more teams running Astons next year
Just visited the Aston Racing web site and if I have read it correctly, they are building "12 individualy numbered works cars which will be run by three factory supported teams in the major GT championships" and "a limited number will also be built and made available for private individuals to either race or collect".

So how many in total are they thinking of making! show Porsche how to do it.