Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Jun 2024, 16:39 (Ref:4212882)   #251
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a miserable bunch loiter here! I spend time sorting out pictures from my extensive collection, posting them for members to enjoy, hopefully, and rarely does anyone say 'Thank you' or, indeed make any comment a tall.

Rubbish, boring, why bother? etc.

Some small acknowledgement would be appreciated, after all 'views' regularly number in the thousands, so a lot of people must be taking the trouble to take a 'butchers'.

Rant over.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0004.JPG   _MG_0008.JPG   _MG_0011.jpg  

_MG_0014.JPG   _MG_0040.JPG  
Old 10 Jun 2024, 16:45 (Ref:4212885)   #252
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks E.B, you are a gentleman, and star.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0063.JPG   _MG_0079.JPG   _MG_0093.JPG  

_MG_0107.JPG   _MG_0110.JPG   _MG_0066.JPG  

Old 10 Jun 2024, 16:48 (Ref:4212886)   #253
bauble
Veteran

England
Regardless, onwards, and upyours.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0115.JPG   _MG_0120.jpg   _MG_0127.JPG  

_MG_0150.JPG   _MG_0161.JPG   _MG_0177.JPG  

Old 10 Jun 2024, 16:50 (Ref:4212888)   #254
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I couldn't possibly comment.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 19:08 (Ref:4212909)   #255
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I couldn't possibly comment.
would expect no less..
Old 10 Jun 2024, 21:49 (Ref:4212950)   #256
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
What a miserable bunch loiter here! I spend time sorting out pictures from my extensive collection, posting them for members to enjoy, hopefully, and rarely does anyone say 'Thank you' or, indeed make any comment a tall. Rubbish, boring, why bother? etc. Some small acknowledgement would be appreciated, after all 'views' regularly number in the thousands, so a lot of people must be taking the trouble to take a 'butchers'. Rant over. Enjoy.
Guilty as charged. My apologies Mr Bauble. Your continuing quest to delight us with your extensive photo selection does bring much joy.
Old 11 Jun 2024, 06:45 (Ref:4212974)   #257
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What a miserable bunch loiter here! I spend time sorting out pictures from my extensive collection, posting them for members to enjoy, hopefully, and rarely does anyone say 'Thank you' or, indeed make any comment a tall.

Rubbish, boring, why bother? etc.

Some small acknowledgement would be appreciated, after all 'views' regularly number in the thousands, so a lot of people must be taking the trouble to take a 'butchers'.

Rant over.

Enjoy.
Sorry Bawb. I'm not taking you for granted, I'm just overwhelmed & struck dumb by the quality of your pictures rendering me unable to pass comment...
But Thank You.
Old 11 Jun 2024, 09:46 (Ref:4212992)   #258
bauble
Veteran

England
Thank you gentlemen, your comments are very much appreciated, however, it is not really praise I have hoped for when posting images, I am surprised and, disappointed that they don't prompt discussion, or questions. Basically I assumed that the Parade would develop into a discussion of cars, era's, drivers etc. and we would get a lively, and informative forum going. While I am fairly pleased with the quality of my pictures, I don't kid myself they are in anyway special, and post them because Why not?

But at the end of the day, as long as people like to see them, I am happy to stick em up.

Sad Old Git.
Attached Thumbnails
Bob 2 (2).JPG  
Old 11 Jun 2024, 22:31 (Ref:4213068)   #259
bauble
Veteran

England
These are for the ingrates.
Attached Thumbnails
027.JPG   032.JPG   033.JPG  

040.JPG   1195.JPG   IMG_7191.JPG  

Old 11 Jun 2024, 22:34 (Ref:4213069)   #260
bauble
Veteran

England
These are for the small number of decent types.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3873.jpg   IMG_3876.jpg   IMG_3877.jpg  

IMG_3878.JPG   IMG_3879.jpg   IMG_3881.jpg  

Old 11 Jun 2024, 22:38 (Ref:4213070)   #261
bauble
Veteran

England
And these are to show there are no hard feelings;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4028.jpg   IMG_4038.jpg   IMG_4040.jpg  

IMG_4026.jpg   IMG_4027.jpg   IMG_4033.jpg  

Old 12 Jun 2024, 15:39 (Ref:4213148)   #262
bauble
Veteran

England
Wake Up, you idle bunch, can you identify the year and venue and why not be really interactive, and name the cars?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6150.JPG   IMG_6186.JPG   IMG_6151.JPG  

IMG_6204.jpg   IMG_6220.JPG   IMG_6160.JPG  

Old 12 Jun 2024, 17:03 (Ref:4213170)   #263
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Email sent.
Old 12 Jun 2024, 20:17 (Ref:4213295)   #264
bauble
Veteran

England
No Answer came the stern reply:
Out four by a few years EB, four too soon, otherwise spot on.

Bit overwhelm by the massive response from our eagle eyed coterie.

A few more;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7067.JPG   IMG_7071.JPG   IMG_7076.JPG  

IMG_7079.JPG   IMG_7122.JPG   IMG_7130.JPG  

Old 12 Jun 2024, 20:25 (Ref:4213300)   #265
bauble
Veteran

England
Wow, Baub, you have excelled your self this time! Cracking good photography mate. Ace job.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7006.JPG   IMG_7011.JPG   IMG_7007.JPG  

IMG_7015.JPG   IMG_7008.JPG  
Old 13 Jun 2024, 03:56 (Ref:4213345)   #266
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wow, Baub, you have excelled your self this time! Cracking good photography mate. Ace job.
I thought so too. And a couple of BRMs are always a good subject for your skills.
Old 13 Jun 2024, 06:53 (Ref:4213352)   #267
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I thought so too. And a couple of BRMs are always a good subject for your skills.
EB, I was brought up with the dictum; "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all"

Probably explains a lot
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0170.jpg   Driver 5.JPG   IMG_2266.JPG  

IMG_5357.JPG   IMG_7206.JPG   IMG_8183.jpg  

Old 13 Jun 2024, 08:53 (Ref:4213355)   #268
bauble
Veteran

England
You invited comment, Bauble! OK! This is not criticism, but an honest critique;
Technically, your photos are very good, but this is due, I believe, to an expensive camera that requires little grasp of the basics of photography. Frankly your pictures lack that elusive quality I think of as the 'Photographers Eye'. In other words they lack style. You capture the essence of speed well enough, but not the essence of 'racing, competition, drama' a good photograph almost comes alive, giving you the sense of 'being there.' Thanks for posting, appreciated.

Barney.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0084.JPG   IMG_0087.JPG   IMG_0117.JPG  

IMG_0114.JPG   IMG_0111.JPG   IMG_0026.JPG  

Old 13 Jun 2024, 08:57 (Ref:4213356)   #269
bauble
Veteran

England
Thanks for sharing, Ted.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4973.JPG   IMG_4977.JPG   IMG_4984.JPG  

IMG_4979.JPG   IMG_4987.JPG  
Old 13 Jun 2024, 16:19 (Ref:4213444)   #270
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only I knew what all the cars were I would provide an insightful intelligent comment!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 13 Jun 2024, 16:43 (Ref:4213449)   #271
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new lap record!Gerard C is going for a new lap record!Gerard C is going for a new lap record!Gerard C is going for a new lap record!Gerard C is going for a new lap record!Gerard C is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
If only I knew what all the cars were I would provide an insightful intelligent comment!
Thank you for posting!
Old 13 Jun 2024, 21:00 (Ref:4213612)   #272
bauble
Veteran

England
Will, over the last 7days, the Parade has received 2338 views, yet only 5 people have responded to my rant, and two are asides. I feel that as I take the trouble to post pictures, at least they might generate a 'thank you' now and again, because if my efforts are not appreciated, why should I bother?
It s nice to get compliments, but not necessary, just acknowledgment will do.
Maybe I am showing my Grumpy Old Git persona, as 87 is only days away.

Cheers,
Bauble.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2334.JPG  
Old 14 Jun 2024, 13:30 (Ref:4213725)   #273
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've just been looking at my pics from Le Mans so far. Obviously I have the obligatory Forest Esses and Tetre Rouge panning shots, but there are other angles too.
Old 14 Jun 2024, 14:15 (Ref:4213743)   #274
bauble
Veteran

England
I can't wait to see them, Peter, and I will be sure to comment when I do.
Old 14 Jun 2024, 16:25 (Ref:4213781)   #275
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm relying on it.