Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Aug 2002, 16:07 (Ref:359226)   #26
Uncle
Rookie

Uncle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ant has done well.the fine probable means he will have to sell his vauxhall nova and get a bridging loan for the rest.
looking forward to qualifying though.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 16:13 (Ref:359228)   #27
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive heard all about that Nova....maybe now he's a F1 driver he will get a decent car !....
Old 16 Aug 2002, 16:31 (Ref:359230)   #28
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Geez, what happened to all the Webber fans?! I am glad Davidson is doing well but lets wait till Sunday before we pronounce Webber/Davidson as anything other than mates practicing for the GP.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 21:13 (Ref:359414)   #29
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet Davidson goes to bed tonight with a smile on his face ...he must have been so nervous today .

Its not often a driver makes his debut with a team without having a test before hand .
Old 16 Aug 2002, 22:33 (Ref:359480)   #30
05forever
Racer

05forever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To all those guys thinking we are sinking the slipper into Webber, I don't think anyone is.

There is merely comment about a new aspect of the F1 Grid we haven't seen to date, Webber having a seemingly competant teammate. We all know that Qualifying will help tell a story and I think that Mark will brain it and probably do it by a second or so.

One just has to think of all the talent like DNQ posted lying around in testing teams and the like. No matter how much money a driver can bring in, they could propably generate more for the team by maximising the cars potential and earning points, getting more TV & appearance money next year.

Webber will still Qual better, but Davidson appears to be the real deal and isn't the sport better for it.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 23:15 (Ref:359511)   #31
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I just don't believe what is happening. This is F1, and everyone here is watching the two tail end cars to see which one is going to end up with the quicker time in second practice. First of all, the two cars are on different programs (see F1-Live), and secondly, Ant's practice drive in the Minardi surely doesn't make him look better than Bunsen's performance over this year. We all enjoy this unbridled interest in Minardi, but let's not get too carried away.

Valve
Old 17 Aug 2002, 08:49 (Ref:359610)   #32
05forever
Racer

Ok so again it is not qualifying but again with 20 minutes to go in the second practice Webber is .9 of a sec behind and outside the 107% time

I am starting to get a bit concerned !!!!

Surely he must have tried a light load by now!
Old 17 Aug 2002, 09:03 (Ref:359612)   #33
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good showing from Anthony, but it could be that both Minardis struggle to make the 107% time- back at the front the Ferraris look dominant.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 09:10 (Ref:359616)   #34
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Practice is practice - just that. For Ant, he is trying to find his way and get used to the car. For Webber, who knows what they are checking at this stage. It is nice to see that both cars aare well inside the 107% time, and Ant is only slightly behind Mark. Come back during quals and we'll talk about this a bit more.

Valve
Old 17 Aug 2002, 09:16 (Ref:359617)   #35
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An astounding performance from Davidson - Webber was quicker in the end in the second practice, but not by much. Will be very interesting to see what will happen in qualifying. If Davidson is within 0.5 secs of Webber, I'd say he's done bloody well on his debut.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 09:38 (Ref:359629)   #36
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes , he has done very well indeed. I just hope they can get both cars qualified as it looks like it will be marginal
Old 17 Aug 2002, 12:03 (Ref:359683)   #37
05forever
Racer

Well .53 of a second to Webber, after all of my concerns I think this shows Webber to be as good as most thought and it does exactly the same for Davidson.

Both drivers qualified easily and can hold their heads up high. Now if they can manage not to take each other out in the race, that would be great.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 12:03 (Ref:359684)   #38
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Couldn't beat Webber in qualifying, not surprizing really, but he qualified, well done ANT!
Old 17 Aug 2002, 22:56 (Ref:359990)   #39
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
It was a great effort - let's hope he finishes ahead of Eddie

Valve
Old 17 Aug 2002, 23:30 (Ref:360017)   #40
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Race pace is where Webber has been strongest this year. If Anthony can match him there, that will be a great performance.

As for practice, I saw an interview in Australia when Mark was back here a couple of weeks ago where he said he always runs with lots of fuel in practice.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 00:06 (Ref:360024)   #41
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Mac, there really is no point in Webber running a light load during practice as the Minardi probably won't qualify that well with that dud engine. Mark might as well get the car sorted out as best he could in race trim. That way, he has his best chance of picking off stragglers.
I did read something in The Australian the other day that suggested Minardi would be hoping for customer Ferrari engines next year. There has been nothing in F1-Live about that, nor any of the other F1 websites, so I think it was just wishfull thinking on the writer's part. We get this two extremes where one line of thought has Stoddart selling Minardi, and the other where he will get oodles of cash to fund customer Ferrari engines. It was this lavish extravagance that finished off Prost and Arrows.

Valve
Old 18 Aug 2002, 00:44 (Ref:360028)   #42
05forever
Racer

I thought it was interesting that Webber said his preference was to stay at Minardi next year whilst in Aus.

That leads me to two possibilities;

1. He has no other real offers

2. He knows big things (engines money etc.) are in the wind and his reputation will be further enhanced, giving him a chance at a better drive than is offer currently
Old 18 Aug 2002, 06:27 (Ref:360073)   #43
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Rubles from a Gas supplier are in the pipeline.

Valve
Old 18 Aug 2002, 08:51 (Ref:360111)   #44
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's not the impression I got from him. From what I heard, he has 3 teams interested, but, if Stoddart (if it's anyone else, I can't see it happening) is in charge at Minardi next year, and they have a better package (ie. Ferrari motors) then he MAY stay.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 08:54 (Ref:360114)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I believe that Marks drive for next year is already sorted and we'll see him in the Jag. (dispite what he's been saying elsewhere, F1 drivers are very secretive about things like this!)