Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

View Poll Results: What series would you like to race?
Sports Car Challenge (ALMS) 7 58.33%
V8Factor 0 0%
any Formula 1 mod 1 8.33%
Meganes 1 8.33%
FIA GT Championship 3 25.00%
NASCAR Sprint Cup 2008 0 0%
Road Cars (M3 etc.) 0 0%
any Dirt/Rallycross mod 0 0%
All Cars! 0 0%
Other (Please State) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Apr 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2176468)   #26
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun
What we need to decide is a mod to use.
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring with a vote for either the ALMS/SCC mod or the FIA GT mod.
Both have varying classes so it should go fairly well amongst a crowd with differing levels of skill.
Old 13 Apr 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2176488)   #27
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring with a vote for either the ALMS/SCC mod or the FIA GT mod.
Both have varying classes so it should go fairly well amongst a crowd with differing levels of skill.
The FIA_GT "mod" is an illegal conversion of GTR2.
Old 13 Apr 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2176602)   #28
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats no reason not to use it IMO.

Simbin have had plenty of money off of me....

Some sort of F1 would be cool.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2176784)   #29
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK guys, poll added. You've got three weeks to select which series you want then we can start on tracks, and times.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 14 Apr 2008, 03:30 (Ref:2176803)   #30
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira
The FIA_GT "mod" is an illegal conversion of GTR2.
I understand this. However it isn't as if we will be distributing it for profit, or opening the game to other members of the public. So what's the problem here?
Old 14 Apr 2008, 07:20 (Ref:2176872)   #31
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
can you guys post some links to these mods as I dont know them all and may have to download them before I actually pick something

The SCC mod is pretty cool so far it has my vote
Old 14 Apr 2008, 07:37 (Ref:2176884)   #32
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
  1. Sports Car Challenge - American Le Mans Series
  2. V8Factor - 2005 V8 Supercar Series
  3. F1 2007 MMG - 2007 Formula 1 Championship
  4. Megane Trophy - Renault Megane
  5. FIA GT Championship - FIA GT Championship
  6. NASCAR Sprint 2008 - 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup
  7. Street Cars - rFactor Central
  8. Rally Cars - rFactor Central
  9. All Cars - rFactor Central
Hope that helps marcus .
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 14 Apr 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2177377)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If only by me I would go for F1, but I can race in any mod no probs...

For F1, F1RFT2008 mod would be great, with the new physics.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 03:50 (Ref:2177705)   #34
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
The good thing about the SCC mod is that we don't need a full field of human competitors- even say 10 of us with all the AIs will make a good race. You could choose your best class and compete in that!
Old 15 Apr 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2177990)   #35
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
avoid the all cars / tracks option. as you've found out there is a limit to the number of classes it can pick anyway, but online you'll never get everyone with the same versions of every car and it'll just turn in to mismatch hell. it also takes aaaaaaaaaaages to load all the mods - it was a nice idea but it's never worked in practice :S

I'm up for some SCC tho, good selection of everything and that should suit us all
Old 15 Apr 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2178001)   #36
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
The good thing about the SCC mod is that we don't need a full field of human competitors- even say 10 of us with all the AIs will make a good race. You could choose your best class and compete in that!
with the AIs on you run the risk of a lot of human DNF as the AI will not steer round a human driver who happens to be on the racing line. To run it properly you need to set AI to off. Looking at the number of posts here, numbers wont be a problem as long as day and time suits. Tuesday evening is good for me

will it be open server or registered players league?
Old 15 Apr 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2178103)   #37
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I think the best idea is to register and have a password protected server.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 03:45 (Ref:2178510)   #38
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im really Liking this SCC mod so it gets my vote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 03:49 (Ref:2178513)   #39
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
OK just to test this out I have put up a Server that will run for the next 24hrs or so.

It is the SCC Mod and the Server is called "Ten Tenths League"

It isnt password protect so just in and have a go

I have it set just to run through all the tracks I have on my comp and short races but if its a track you dont like just type in "Marcus" as the admin password and you can change to the next track

I probably wont host an event due to an old comp but Im happy to run a Test server before events for practice
Old 16 Apr 2008, 10:56 (Ref:2178751)   #40
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
OK just to test this out I have put up a Server that will run for the next 24hrs or so.

It is the SCC Mod and the Server is called "Ten Tenths League"

It isnt password protect so just in and have a go

I have it set just to run through all the tracks I have on my comp and short races but if its a track you dont like just type in "Marcus" as the admin password and you can change to the next track

I probably wont host an event due to an old comp but Im happy to run a Test server before events for practice
Going to head in now for a blast if anybody else is interested.
Edit: Looks like your server has some issues with the ports.
I tried to connect a few times and kept getting time out messages.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 16 Apr 2008 at 11:04.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2181171)   #41
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I believe its fixed now , had a blockage LOL

The server is up again "Ten Tenths league" SCC sports cars all seasons , admin password "Marcus"
Old 19 Apr 2008, 08:17 (Ref:2181174)   #42
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I'm heading in now- Anyone want to join me?
Old 19 Apr 2008, 08:50 (Ref:2181186)   #43
TheKing
Racer

United States
TheKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
If only by me I would go for F1, but I can race in any mod no probs...

For F1, F1RFT2008 mod would be great, with the new physics.
Where did you download this mod? I've been searching and cant find a download site...

Thanks
Old 19 Apr 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2181561)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKing
Where did you download this mod? I've been searching and cant find a download site...

Thanks
The mod community has been crucifying the hungarian guys who made it because they committed the heresy to dare to launch a mod for the current season... it usually takes a lot of work to make one and the modders make it the most perfect possible, hence the mods are always from past seasons. But not this one. Some modders have claimed legal issues like using graphics and meshes from others mods without asking. I think they're right to a certain extent, because almost every mod out there has a legal issue just for a start. That's the reason that this mod has become some sort of rare item, but the truth is that is a good damn mod with the current F1 physics and some other goodies.

You can't download it in the official fan site, but there is a guy who posted a place where you can download the last full release with all updates : http://F1RFT08.4shared.com
, go get it, it's a rar archive split into several parts but it's worth the trouble.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 06:25 (Ref:2181786)   #45
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
"Ten Tenths League" is now up for Meganes , so get at it
Old 20 Apr 2008, 09:30 (Ref:2181906)   #46
TheKing
Racer

United States
TheKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. Downloading now! All the servers seem to be running it..
Old 25 Apr 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2186305)   #47
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Ten Tenths league for Meganes is up again , I know it looks like we are heading down the SCC route which is cool but for now Im just running a Megane sever
Old 1 Jun 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2216869)   #48
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry to take the thread off topic, but I quite fancy a shot at rFactor but can't find a good place to download the trial. Half the links on the official site don't work and the other half are too slow. Suggestions, anyone?

If it runs well and I like it I might just join your next race.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 04:31 (Ref:2217452)   #49
Oldskool
Rookie

Australia
Wodonga Vic
Oldskool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Sorry to take the thread off topic, but I quite fancy a shot at rFactor but can't find a good place to download the trial. Half the links on the official site don't work and the other half are too slow. Suggestions, anyone?

If it runs well and I like it I might just join your next race.

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=downloads
Old 2 Jun 2008, 10:16 (Ref:2217670)   #50
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those were the ones I was reffering to.

I managed to download the 1255 "Lite" version and it seems pretty solid. I may very well get the game soon but will probably stick with the DVD version.