Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 May 2013, 06:34 (Ref:3251506)   #1
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interactive Sportscars Championship

In 2000 or 2001 somebody intented to make a new GT championship with 2 cars for mark. I think it raced only 1 or 2 races.
The launch of the championship was made in the streets of London.
There had Ferrari F40, Lotus Esprit, Dodge Viper, Porsche 911, Ultima GTR, Stealth B6, Marcos 600 LM, Lister Storm and a rare yellow Aston Martin.

Have somebody many phothos of this event?
and Have somebody some information and photos of that Aston Martin?
Old 22 May 2013, 07:08 (Ref:3251517)   #2
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
IIRC there was just a single round at Donington- where several cars on the entry list didn't show up- before it all fell apart.

A yellow Aston suggests David Ellis- in which case I think this might be the car, and from vague memory it was one of the no-shows? http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3466/3...e13_z.jpg?zz=1

http://www.retro-speed.co.uk/CMS-Ima...ce%20SE91C.JPG

http://jp455.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/...vid-ellis.html

It's certainly not listed in the result on Racingsportscars.com
http://www.racingsportscars.com/resu...6-03-9159.html
Old 22 May 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3251533)   #3
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
More on the ISC- No mention of Astons though....

http://www.web-solution.co.uk/awm/in...ampionship.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/me/krejcimar/isc2001.html

There were also apparently rumours of things like DTM Audi TTs (Abt Motorsport) and Mercedes, but it all came to nothing

Last edited by KA; 22 May 2013 at 08:01.
Old 22 May 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3251645)   #4
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
"Interactive"? "United" starts to sound pretty good compared to that...
Old 22 May 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3251686)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Initially the camera and data feeds from the cars will allow the terrestrial TV coverage to provide an enhanced broadcast showcasing interactive features. This interactivity will begin to come through by August of this year when all competing cars will be fitted with the same exclusive technology, creating a pipeline of content for an interactive transmission to allow viewers to become fully involved in the racing.
That's why it's "interactive". Anyway, coverage was far from ideal:

Quote:
"You will be able to catch the ISC highlights programme on television after the 11 O'clock news every Tuesday following each race and on Thursday at midnight and later in the year on the ITV Sport Channel which will be available as part of a Sky Premier package.

Interactive Motorsport Holdings were aiming to attract 260'000 digital subscribers to their TV package, plus 1.25 million to terrestrial coverage, and one objective is to make the drivers into real media personalities.
Old 22 May 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3251721)   #6
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I attended this meeting, it wasn't the best, but at the time i thought it may grow. I should still have the program in the loft, i'll see if i can dig it out. I think i only went to perv Atomic Kitten though .....
Old 22 May 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3251773)   #7
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
IIRC there was just a single round at Donington- where several cars on the entry list didn't show up- before it all fell apart.

A yellow Aston suggests David Ellis- in which case I think this might be the car, and from vague memory it was one of the no-shows? http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3466/3...e13_z.jpg?zz=1

http://www.retro-speed.co.uk/CMS-Ima...ce%20SE91C.JPG

http://jp455.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/...vid-ellis.html

It's certainly not listed in the result on Racingsportscars.com
http://www.racingsportscars.com/resu...6-03-9159.html
Yes this is the Aston. The car was not racing but this was in the launch event in London. Thank you KA for the info.

LC2guy, were you in the launch event or in Donington Race?
Old 23 May 2013, 01:57 (Ref:3251971)   #8
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
I attended this meeting, it wasn't the best, but at the time i thought it may grow. I should still have the program in the loft, i'll see if i can dig it out. I think i only went to perv Atomic Kitten though .....
That'd be great if you could dig up the program and possibly put some scans up on here? Im quite intrigued by this championship for a number of reasons and any more info about would most appreciated. No wonder the championship ran out of money after one race, that type of prize money aint sustainable outside of the biggest championships in the world, not a unknown GT championship thats just starting out...
Old 28 May 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3254670)   #9
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I have the (one and only) race on video somewhere...
Old 24 Feb 2016, 01:51 (Ref:3617204)   #10
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I think I have the (one and only) race on video somewhere...
I would absolutely love to see that!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 24 Feb 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3617332)   #11
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I was at the launch and have lots of pictures - I remember the genesis (and failure) of this Championship very well indeed
Old 24 Feb 2016, 12:23 (Ref:3617338)   #12
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://youtu.be/SpUdWxA5TM0
Old 24 Feb 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3617342)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
What happened to that outrageous Aston Martin?
Old 24 Feb 2016, 12:38 (Ref:3617343)   #14
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Did AMOC races IIRC
Old 24 Feb 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3617445)   #15
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Oh how I wish racing highlight packages still had sweet background musics like this, instead of over the top orchestral melodrama nonsense series like WEC and ELMS have in their reviews

Westbrook looks so young.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 00:35 (Ref:3617527)   #16
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
I was at the launch and have lots of pictures - I remember the genesis (and failure) of this Championship very well indeed

Future DSC article retrospective?

I love DSC retro stuff. You guys do it so well
Old 2 May 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3637884)   #17
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
https://www.buzzfeed.com/simonnevill...e3X#.ctpLa7AWv