Old 1 Sep 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3297150)   #1
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 2013

Due out in a few weeks.

Main point to note, a "classic edition" will be available with 1980s and 1990s content, along with classic circuits.

I've been really hoping for classic content in the last few games. I know the official F1 games are not everyones cup of tea and I agree they have their faults however always generally enjoyable games if you dont take them too seriously

Official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx6ZXwqmD0M

General review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW4IXDtgHEk

Bit about the classic content:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMFNR05yzF4

Link to purchase:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2013-Classic...ywords=f1+2013

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 1 Sep 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3297521)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The classic cars, tracks and drivers are a great addition! Even if the licensing issues have led to some odd choices, to say the least.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3297950)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
The classic cars, tracks and drivers are a great addition! Even if the licensing issues have led to some odd choices, to say the least.
I'm lazy and can't be bothered to trawl through the links What are the classics included?
Old 2 Sep 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3297965)   #4
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm lazy and can't be bothered to trawl through the links What are the classics included?
Some info here :

http://www.bsimracing.com/f1-2013-80...acks-revealed/

I think I'll wait for some steam sale in Christmas or something to purchase this game, after Codemasters history of bugs and unbalanced AI in all their previous F1 titles I won't gamble on it. A couple of months should be enough for the devs to polish it with tons of patches as they did with F1 2012.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3315213)   #5
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest the classic stuff is the only reason I decided to purchase , throwing the Williams FW07B round Brands Hatch will never get boring ! If anyone else has this do you know if the classic cars can be used on the modern tracks ? Also the other way round, would love to get a Red Bull round Brands .
Old 13 Oct 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3316986)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, you can use all cars on all tracks I believe. You can also knock off that dreadful sepia filter when you use the old cars.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3316995)   #7
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the classic content is a bit disappointing, certainly not worth an extra 20 quid for the 90s cars. The game seems good but I'm a bit frustrated that they've made the cars easier to catch when you lose grip because that made 2012 really challenging especially when trying to manage tyres. Aside from that, so far it seems fairly similar.

Like Fifa 14 it just seems like a slightly lazy update, which I suppose is to be expected so close to the end of this generation of consoles.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 06:42 (Ref:3317000)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think the handling is a bit tougher than 2012. You're right though, it is the most minor update, even the achievements are almost the same.

But that is the way it tends to be. In the case of FIFA, what more can they really do this generation?
Old 20 Oct 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3320672)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIFA is the king of the yearly update. You can get FIFA 14 on PS2, which is an updated FIFA 06. There's just nothing like it!
Old 20 Oct 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3320715)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When you have designed a game engine, really all you have to do is update it now and then.

COD, Halo, FIFA, Pro Evo, Gran Turismo, they have all been doing it for years

It is us fools that buy it, so you cant blame them! All you are really paying for here is the new cars from the older era, no doubt with slightly modded physics.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3321121)   #11
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It annoys me more when developers halt a brilliant series or just go under.

Hands up who would give £100 each for a modern Papyrus Nascar Racing 2014 or a Richard Burns Rally 2014...?

I know there is Iracing and RBR hacks but its not the same.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3321205)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
It annoys me more when developers halt a brilliant series or just go under.

Hands up who would give £100 each for a modern Papyrus Nascar Racing 2014 or a Richard Burns Rally 2014...?

I know there is Iracing and RBR hacks but its not the same.
Is that something to do with Christian Horner....... ?
Old 22 Oct 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3321577)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
FIFA is the king of the yearly update. You can get FIFA 14 on PS2, which is an updated FIFA 06. There's just nothing like it!
It's nothing like 06 you heathen! Completely different game engine.

The lineage goes back to about 09 or 10. Probably 10. And it is such a good engine that it doesn't need a great deal of tweaking, which is proven this year because they have idiotically tweaked the game and made it worse. *facepalm*
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3321753)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can someone clear up something for me?

I have a PS3 and a PC, I would never pay full price for this game which as we know is basically F12012 patch 123. (after the 2012 version was so bug infested)

But on Steam they have released the game for 29.99, and today unbelievably, released the historic bit as 6.99 each DLC! One for cars, one for tracks.

Do you get this stuff with the console game or not? Or are they expecting you to buy this stuff on top of the purchase price?

After telling us in all the blurb how great it was going to be to drive 80's and 90's cars, (and not telling us it was going to be at an extra price, as why would you do that and stop everyone buying this patch)
Old 22 Oct 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3321790)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The console game has two versions. Standard and classic edition.

Standard has Jerez, Brands Hatch and the 80's cars.

Classic costs a tenner more and comes with the 80's stuff, plus a download code for the 90's tracks and cars. In fairness this was widely advertised as being the case months before launch.

Codies are terrible at DLC though, never get the balance right.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3321819)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well I wasn't aware that all the extra stuff was DLC

But doesn't surprise me, these people will do anything to make money!
Old 22 Oct 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3321875)   #17
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
God knows why I bought the DLC, the 90s cars don't look right, they don't handle right, and to top it all Imola is the modern version with the chicanes. I was looking forward to tackling the old pre-95 version big time.

The modern stuff is growing on me though, I like the way the tyre wear is finally scaled again so you have to really think about your pit stops, particularly on 50% distance where it feels like you're never out of the pits. I like the handling, the way the races get more spaced out instead of having a string of 12 cars behind you all race. I like the graphics, much brighter and more colourful, and I like the way drive throughs have replaced the constant '10 seconds added onto your race time' for corner cutting etc. it also seems (gasp) fairly stable and I haven't found any obvious bugs yet.

In short while not really a brand new game, it is an improvement.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3322040)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol mate

The Bugs were all ironed out in the 2012 version believe me they gave up updating it after a month or so, literally gave up!

But I imagine most issues are now dealt with.

I enjoyed 2012, played really nice actually, for a sort of arcadey title and they got DRS and Kers spot on.

Just a shame about the bugs, and in this day and agae it seems normal to release stuff that is glitchy and then spend years re-reeasing it as a patch!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3327010)   #19
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
God knows why I bought the DLC, the 90s cars don't look right, they don't handle right, and to top it all Imola is the modern version with the chicanes. I was looking forward to tackling the old pre-95 version big time.
If you are interested in this era you could do a lot worse than the new 1990 mod for Rfactor. All the cars, all the tracks. Its a real sim and free.

http://srm-official.blogspot.it/
Old 1 Dec 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3338887)   #20
m355y
Racer

I would LOVE to get into rfactor. The thought of being able to race the 2007/8 seasons would be amazing given that they are the two seasons there was never a game for - but I wouldn't know where to start to be honest, and doubt my computer would be in any way good enough to run it properly.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3338916)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It really is farly easy now mate

A lot of the best mates are simple executable files that are very easy to install.

And it is fairly old tech now, so most machines can run it, plus you can really turn the detail down and concentrate on playing.

If you have a wheel, it really is the cheapest way to sim
Old 5 Dec 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3340431)   #22
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I would LOVE to get into rfactor. The thought of being able to race the 2007/8 seasons would be amazing given that they are the two seasons there was never a game for - but I wouldn't know where to start to be honest, and doubt my computer would be in any way good enough to run it properly.
There's people here that can help, without a doubt.

I'm no expert, but I roughly know my way around. Best bet is to get on to rFactor Central website, and download their downloader. It basically turns the process in to a wizard.

Selby
Old 5 Dec 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3340432)   #23
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Worst thing is, i'm SURE they promoted it as the pre-95 Imola at first, then quietly dropped it.

Annoying.

Selby
Old 13 Mar 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3378063)   #24
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the best way to play the F1 2013 game? I have a PC, still fairly modern and fast, and PS3.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3382488)   #25
winslade6770
Racer

winslade6770 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I May being a bit silly bit I can't see where I can change race percentage? Stuck on 15 laps ATM help!!