Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 13 Jun 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3090172)   #1
welsh_willo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex
welsh_willo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gurston School Day - 12th excellent fun .. just book a day ..

Well the weather tried to do its worst but we got a dry window for the day .. I drove through 12" to 15 " deep floods as raging torrents on the A272 < 3 times > as the other roads were closed going west on the south coast .....

What a great day and JJ's Mini did its thing very sucessfully : hats off the boys at Gurston and socially so much more fun that track days
and I've down lot of those over the years ...

FWD meant I had to go back to thinking how to keep front grip all the time and very much back to my old mad 1430 mini days : I will need a new diff if I really want to play going up the hills; A qaife more than likely but open to suggestions ... and that Karousel set of corners is bloody steep ..

Highly recommend the Gurston Down School as a car driving day < fathers days > and probably a lot more beneficial than jumping straight into a sprint or hill climb: still surprises me why people just go along to pootle at HC's < some were pootling but they all got faster over the day < I'm just going to call them the pootle crowd as a i don't really want to wind folks up on the dawdle comments > ....

as said by one GD instructor : you have to give it the beans and not make a mistake ..

SO thank you GD school ... a great day

Robb Webb < covered the day > will have photos which I'll get the links to ...

R

Last edited by welsh_willo; 13 Jun 2012 at 14:34. Reason: i can't type ...