Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 24 34.78%
Nico Rosberg 3 4.35%
Sebastian Vettel 3 4.35%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 1.45%
Daniel Ricciardo 5 7.25%
Daniil Kvyat 3 4.35%
Max Verstappen 13 18.84%
Carlos Sainz 1 1.45%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 1 1.45%
Sergio Perez 3 4.35%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Jenson Button 12 17.39%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Roberto Merhi 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 May 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3540629)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Monaco Grand Prix 2015

Who is your driver of the Grand Prix?
Old 24 May 2015, 14:08 (Ref:3540648)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Button.. 1st points finish for the new-for-2015 McLaren Honda partnership!

Amazing!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 May 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3540655)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton deserved the win. But the strategy of Mercedes GP defined otherwise. He's the man of the race.
Old 24 May 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3540660)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button.
Old 24 May 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3540676)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well - Hamilton. He was in another race - until the muck up! It should have been his.

Honourable mentions :-

Button - first points finish for McLaren. Can he be the first F1 driver to outscore Alonso over a season? A solid drive from him in a difficult car.

Riccardio - Good finish in 4th for him. Plus, good move on Kimi.

Vettel - Solid race finish - and kept those Mercedes honest - by not letting them get away.

Rosberg - A third win in a row at Monaco. Only three other people have done that(Hill, Prost and Senna). Yes - he was lucky - but then you have to be at Monaco.
Old 24 May 2015, 15:29 (Ref:3540680)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Button.. 1st points finish for the new-for-2015 McLaren Honda partnership!

Amazing!!
Agreed.

Amazing McLaren scoring their first points at the 6th race of the WC.
Old 24 May 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3540738)   #7
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jenson, of course – a class act, as ever. How long before the lid blows of the pressure-cooker on the other side of the McLaren garage?
Old 24 May 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3540739)   #8
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only driver who managed to overtake other cars on track: Max Verstappen
Old 24 May 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3540742)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well several contenders but Jensen did well in getting points for the first time so he gets it for that alone
Old 24 May 2015, 21:00 (Ref:3540827)   #10
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Comical voting results, Hamilton and Verstappen destroyed their own races.

I voted for Perez: solid pace in the FI, punched well above the car's weight.
Old 24 May 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3540828)   #11
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Riccardio - Good finish in 4th for him.
He didn't though.
Old 24 May 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3540841)   #12
petecossie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Teesside
petecossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson for bringing the McLaren home in the points for the first time. When you consider how far the McLarens were off the pace at the first race in Australia it is a very welcome result. Hopefully more to come from both McLaren cars in future races.
Old 24 May 2015, 22:19 (Ref:3540849)   #13
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of Hamilton, Kvyat or Perez. Hamilton for being the race winner before Merc stepped in, Kvyat for being the best RBR driver today, and Perez for dragging a terrible car into a very respectable finish.

But it has to be Button because HE GOT POINTS!!!!
Old 25 May 2015, 01:33 (Ref:3540900)   #14
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
He didn't though.
Whoops - my mistake. Danny made 5th. He did manage an overtake - if a little messy.

I suppose I should add Kyvat as another honourable mention for getting 4th for the Red Bull. A solid drive - we didn't see much of it on TV though.
Old 25 May 2015, 03:03 (Ref:3540910)   #15
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it Rosberg for being in the right place at the right time.
Old 25 May 2015, 03:13 (Ref:3540914)   #16
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DR for overtaking a competitive car and not crashing and obeying team orders.
Old 25 May 2015, 05:45 (Ref:3540924)   #17
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Comical voting results, Hamilton and Verstappen destroyed their own races.

I voted for Perez: solid pace in the FI, punched well above the car's weight.

Verstappens race was destroyed by the team , his first pitstop was more than 20 seconds slower than normal, wich put him in between much slower cars than he was(Max set the 5th fastes time)
Old 25 May 2015, 06:49 (Ref:3540934)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton for me.
Old 25 May 2015, 07:08 (Ref:3540942)   #19
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LH for me, dominated his teammate. Well, 16sec clear before the SC.

SV did well to stay with the Mercedes' and if Rosberg had pitted 1 lap later, SV would have won the race.

Verstappen got lots of votes I see ... sure he was very fast and aggressive, but he also just about killed himself in a botched overtake. His speed is exciting to watch though.

Kyvat did well, he was clearly faster of the RB drivers on the day. Dani got lucky with being able to pit for new tyres similar to LH and only lose nothing I don't think? He quite forcefully got back past Kimi. That's hardly DOTR worthy, he couldn't keep up with Kyvat on the same tyres.

Button wasn't too bad, but Alonso was the next car behind him before he had to retire, and would have closed in over the remainder of the race. But if beating your teammate qualifies as DOTR then.... nah, it doesn't really. McLaren were clearly much better at this track, I don't think the drivers were doing something incredible.

What about Perez? Smashed Hulk, finished 7th and that FI won't have made any improvements suddenly at Monaco.
Old 25 May 2015, 07:12 (Ref:3540944)   #20
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
LH for me, dominated his teammate. Well, 16sec clear before the SC.

Verstappen got lots of votes I see ... sure he was very fast and aggressive, but he also just about killed himself in a botched overtake. His speed is exciting to watch though.
he was'nt even trying to overtake there, he was just surprised how early Grosjean braked.
Old 25 May 2015, 08:47 (Ref:3540975)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis Hamilton. Perhaps DOTR will be some small consolation for the Mercedes strategy catastrophe.

Max Verstappen was a serious contender until he crashed it. So glad he's OK though: my heart was in my mouth for a few seconds.
Old 25 May 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3541007)   #22
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Lewis Hamilton. Perhaps DOTR will be some small consolation for the Mercedes strategy catastrophe.

Max Verstappen was a serious contender until he crashed it. So glad he's OK though: my heart was in my mouth for a few seconds.
I got one helluva fright just from watching it on tv, so Max in-car must of just about shat himself.
Old 25 May 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3541044)   #23
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Perez. Fastest behind both Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull cars.
Brilliant qualifying effort, solid in the race. What more could he have done with the material at his disposal?

Good drives from Nasr (more points for Sauber) and Sainz (10th from last)
Verstappen was exciting to watch, but crashed out when in a points scoring position. Surprised many think he was driver-of-the-race when he ruined his own race.
Feel sorry for Lewis, but doesn't he have to take part of the blame after complaining about his tires?
Old 25 May 2015, 14:49 (Ref:3541055)   #24
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Hamilton deserved the win. But the strategy of Mercedes GP defined otherwise. He's the man of the race.

To me it's Verstappen, because he overtook a lot more cars than Lewis did.

It is quite easy to lap the Marussias, when you are driving a Mercedes. But then, when you have competitors in front of you, you simply radio your team saying "It's over".

Max OVERTOOK drivers. Lots of them. After a terrible pit stop, he didn't say "It's over". He FOUGHT !

I cannot imagine what he would be doing in Rosberg's car !!
Old 25 May 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3541057)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
he was'nt even trying to overtake there, he was just surprised how early Grosjean braked.
Spot on.... Max is driver of the race for me, amazing talent. Superb at Monaco which he has never driven..