Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jul 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3990542)   #3376
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fancy you not having any Y's RB;
Attached Thumbnails
Yesteryear Car.JPG   Younger Car.JPG   Youngsters Car.JPG  

Yellow Car.JPG   Yankee Car.jpg   Yellow Yankee Car.jpg  

Old 24 Jul 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3990549)   #3377
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Fancy you not having any Y's RB;
I've just checked and there's not a 'hats off for ingenuity' smilie Baub, but well done, that made me smile!
Old 24 Jul 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3990555)   #3378
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm surprised there weren't more 'Y's.

Admittedly not from personal images, but surely they can be included to 'complete the set':

Old 24 Jul 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3990557)   #3379
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And of course for 'X' there is the Xenia:

I'm surprised this is not in people's collections.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3990575)   #3380
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
And of course for 'X' there is the Xenia:

I'm surprised this is not in people's collections.
You will be getting a clip round the ear when I see you next, cheeky young blighter!
Old 24 Jul 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3990586)   #3381
bauble
Veteran

England
A to Z completed, so it's back to random themes ... such as;

Well if the site would let me post pictures it would.

Banned again
Old 24 Jul 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3990611)   #3382
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Banned was may be your best thread. Unfortunately it didn't last long enough to be granted the six stars it deserved…

From A to Z is just a fantastic and so enjoyable job. Thank you, Roberts!
Old 24 Jul 2020, 17:12 (Ref:3990624)   #3383
bauble
Veteran

England
Try again;

Nope, I cannot get pictures to load, can someone else try? It might be a forum problem or just me for some reason.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3990636)   #3384
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Try again;

Nope, I cannot get pictures to load, can someone else try? It might be a forum problem or just me for some reason.
Bob, have just tried and uploading failed.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3990637)   #3385
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Can I also recommend The Bugatti Queen by Miranda Seymour .......
I managed to track a copy down and it was delivered today, so that will be my next reading (when I finish Niki Lauda's Biog by Maurice Hamilton). Also scheduled to arrive Monday is Life at the Limit: Triumph and Tragedy in Formula One by Sid Watkins .
Old 24 Jul 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3990638)   #3386
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Bob, have just tried and uploading failed.
I guess they just don't like our pictures Malcolm.

Thanks for confirming it is not only me.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3990641)   #3387
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I guess they just don't like our pictures Malcolm.

Thanks for confirming it is not only me.
You have all been banned
Old 24 Jul 2020, 19:50 (Ref:3990647)   #3388
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No worry Gents, this thread end up with the letter Z . Works in any language.
What about opening a new one? Bauble the return!
Everybody is Ok for it?
Old 24 Jul 2020, 22:21 (Ref:3990656)   #3389
bauble
Veteran

England
I wonder ....
Oh dear "Upload has failed"
Old 24 Jul 2020, 22:27 (Ref:3990657)   #3390
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The FAQs currently say the following, could that be the issue?

'What Are Attachments?
Due to the large amount of traffic on Tenths, we no longer allow the attachment function. If you want to display an image, you can only do so by using an existing internet image, using the Image Tag Function.'
Old 25 Jul 2020, 06:45 (Ref:3990674)   #3391
bauble
Veteran

England

A picture
Old 25 Jul 2020, 09:19 (Ref:3990678)   #3392
bauble
Veteran

England
If the attachment facility has been withdrawn, I suppose I am as much to blame as anyone, with the volume of images being posted on the Parade site.

I think that posting multiple images using the alternative method is rather laborious so I feel it is time to wind up the project.

It has been fun and obviously very popular with 3390 replies and 149,592 views, and I thank everyone who has contributed, by comment or posting their own pictures, and to the silent majority who clearly enjoyed our efforts .

Thank you,

Bauble.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3990685)   #3393
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not aware of any restrictions so will ask the powers that be.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 12:33 (Ref:3990700)   #3394
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm not aware of any restrictions so will ask the powers that be.
There have been problems over a lot of the country the last few days.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ham-sunderland

And with some servers down , the " traffic " over the others will be more causing some " outages " & slow service in some places .
Possibly give it a few days to see if it comes back to normal .
Old 25 Jul 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3990716)   #3395
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
There have been problems over a lot of the country the last few days.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ham-sunderland

And with some servers down , the " traffic " over the others will be more causing some " outages " & slow service in some places .
Possibly give it a few days to see if it comes back to normal .
Yes but that was only Talk Talk and Luton is not in the North of England.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3990721)   #3396
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

That link was for only one part of the current problems .
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...uk/ar-BB176mmy

And when just one part gets problems , it spreads to the rest of the services .
Old 25 Jul 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3990722)   #3397
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The other side of the M4 - that's north to me
Old 25 Jul 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3990730)   #3398
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
The other side of the M4 - that's north to me
Luton is more Middle East actually.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3990748)   #3399
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 25 Jul 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3990756)   #3400
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
For me, the north starts just above Bedale....