Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Apr 2020, 18:11 (Ref:3972261)   #201
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RHBAd5YUR8
Old 23 Apr 2020, 03:44 (Ref:3972310)   #202
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Found these pictures in my downloads .
https://justpaste.it/2jv
Some absolute stunners in there. Thanks for sharing.
Old 23 Apr 2020, 03:47 (Ref:3972311)   #203
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
"I'm surprised he has such a big chopper, considering how cold it is"
Aha now I know which pic you are talking about. Anyone who jumps into water that cold needs to be certified.
Old 23 Apr 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3972340)   #204
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone who jumps into water that cold needs to be rapidement réchauffé…
Old 24 Apr 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3972590)   #205
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To help you keep abreast of developments in wet weather gadgets I offer this idea.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wSXnFbGsctc94eEL7

Might wipe the smile of your face.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3972602)   #206
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To help you keep abreast of developments in wet weather gadgets I offer this idea.

That one is great Bob . But I do think it might make you drive too close when the roads are wet .
Old 24 Apr 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3972619)   #207
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

Brilliant Bob.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3972642)   #208
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Vivement que nous allions Ã* Spa, les Belges savent "recevoir"…*
Old 26 Apr 2020, 07:58 (Ref:3972930)   #209
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A little Sunday morning quiz RBS is banned from answering as it is too easy for him.

Mike Hawthorn won the 1953 French Grand Prix.

Stirling Moss won the 1955 British Grand Prix

Graham Hill won the 1962 F1 World Championship.

What is the significance of each event?
Old 26 Apr 2020, 09:49 (Ref:3972938)   #210
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
A little Sunday morning quiz RBS is banned from answering as it is too easy for him.

Mike Hawthorn won the 1953 French Grand Prix.

Stirling Moss won the 1955 British Grand Prix

Graham Hill won the 1962 F1 World Championship.

What is the significance of each event?
er, that Baubs attended all of them?
Old 26 Apr 2020, 13:51 (Ref:3972956)   #211
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
er, that Baubs attended all of them?
Well, partially right Gypsy Davy.
Old 26 Apr 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3972972)   #212
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hawthorn and Moss the races mentioned were their first GP win.
Graham Hill won his first GP in 1962 to set him on the road to the title.
Old 26 Apr 2020, 17:12 (Ref:3972981)   #213
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hawthorn and Moss the races mentioned were their first GP win.
Graham Hill won his first GP in 1962 to set him on the road to the title.
Right to an extent, but not quite what I was looking for.

Must try harder.

7/10
Old 26 Apr 2020, 17:44 (Ref:3972985)   #214
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quick PM to RBS, then I'll be back on here to amaze you all with my extensive knowledge of 50s/early 60s F1 racing.............
Old 26 Apr 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3972989)   #215
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
None of them could believe Lewis Hamilton could win a single GP…
Old 26 Apr 2020, 21:05 (Ref:3973003)   #216
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Quick PM to RBS, then I'll be back on here to amaze you all with my extensive knowledge of 50s/early 60s F1 racing.............
Come on now, it is only about the significance of each event, even you should be able to work that out.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 02:21 (Ref:3973014)   #217
bauble
Veteran

England
OK! Two more to add, and hopefully get the grey matter working.

A Vanwall won the 1957 British Grand Prix.

Mike Hawthorn won the 1958 World Championship.

Better hurry up because if you do not get the answers soon I will turn RBS loose, and he will make you look silly. (Right RB? I bet you know what I want.)
Old 27 Apr 2020, 02:29 (Ref:3973016)   #218
bauble
Veteran

England
Lining up for the supercar parade;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2059.jpg  
Old 27 Apr 2020, 06:39 (Ref:3973036)   #219
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would they all be British firsts ? Hawthorn 1953 French GP first British driver to win World Championship Grand Prix. Moss 1955 British GP first British driver to win British GP. Hill/BRM first British car and driver to win World Championship. Vanwall 1957 first British Marque to win a World Championship Grand Prix and World Constructors Championship and Hawthorn first British driver to win World Championship.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 07:58 (Ref:3973044)   #220
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, I hadn't twigged the Hill/BRM combo, I was struggling to get "firsts" to work.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Apr 2020, 08:00 (Ref:3973046)   #221
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure I'm right yet Max !
Old 27 Apr 2020, 08:35 (Ref:3973054)   #222
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Would they all be British firsts ? Hawthorn 1953 French GP first British driver to win World Championship Grand Prix. Moss 1955 British GP first British driver to win British GP. Hill/BRM first British car and driver to win World Championship. Vanwall 1957 first British Marque to win a World Championship Grand Prix and World Constructors Championship and Hawthorn first British driver to win World Championship.
99%. Well done, the only thing I had in mind was the 'trick' question.

Mike Hawthorn was the first Englishman to win a WC round, but the Championship was run under Formula 2 rules (2.0 litres un-supercharged).

Stirling Moss in winning the British GP was the first English driver to win a Formula 1 WC GP.

The Vanwall win was also the first time a British car/driver)s) won a WC round. Moss and Brooks sharing the honour.

Here endeth the history lesson, next week we will be considering Waterloos and Trafalgar. And it will not be a geography quiz.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 08:41 (Ref:3973055)   #223
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ah, I hadn't twigged the Hill/BRM combo, I was struggling to get "firsts" to work.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Midge, I commend you for at least trying to answer the questions, not many bothered or were just plain baffled.

Maybe I should move up the ages a bit.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 08:44 (Ref:3973056)   #224
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't the '53 French GP the fist time the extended Reims circuit was used?
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3973068)   #225
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Wasn't the '53 French GP the fist time the extended Reims circuit was used?
In 1953 they used the longest lap for the Grand Prix 8.372 km, the original version from the 1920's was 7.818 km. and in 1952 was only 7.152km long, and in 1954 reduced to 8,302km.