Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 May 2004, 13:19 (Ref:976581)   #1
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you Think TGF would have been winning if he drove for BAR?

I personally think that Michael would have won several races if he was a BAR driver. He has always managed to win even in patently inferior cars.
Old 20 May 2004, 13:32 (Ref:976590)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends who was in the other Ferrari...

Antoher Rubens in the Ferrari and yes Michael might have a win or two. He is good enough to do that. Put a Alonso/Kimi/JPM/Button* in the Ferrari and perhaps not.

1fity iffy if if.

*delete as appropriate
Old 20 May 2004, 13:40 (Ref:976599)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah it think if you put MS in this years BAr he would have won quite a few.... not romping victories but still i think he is fastest driver on the grid..
Old 20 May 2004, 14:01 (Ref:976617)   #4
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An he would have certainly got several pole positions.
Old 20 May 2004, 15:43 (Ref:976714)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting question. I would not be surprised either way. MS has proven that he is an excellent driver and he is also excellent and getting the team to perform as well. The same chemistry may or may not happen with a new team. MS also has the benefit of being teamed up with Ross Brawn for the successful part of his career and without him at the helm of BAR, maybe things would not be as rosy.
Never forget #99
Old 20 May 2004, 15:59 (Ref:976728)   #6
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He might have a one or two but not any more. BAR isn't quite on the level of Ferrari (well a little more than not quite ) but the real shortcoming is the pure Ferrari strategery dominance
Old 20 May 2004, 16:32 (Ref:976759)   #7
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Before this year, and assuming all the other BAR players were intact since inception, NOT A CHANCE. This year, inevitably yes.
Old 20 May 2004, 17:07 (Ref:976781)   #8
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe in this year's BAR, TGF would have won at least 4 races.
Old 20 May 2004, 17:07 (Ref:976782)   #9
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO, no, he would not have won any races in the BAR. Personally I think if you put him in Sato's BAR he would be out performed by Button.
Old 20 May 2004, 17:23 (Ref:976792)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Personally I think if you put him in Sato's BAR he would be out performed by Button.
Nah, not at all. If he got in it tomorrow with no testing (and a bad cold) maybe, but it wouldn't take him long. IMHO.

Last edited by Adam43; 20 May 2004 at 17:27.
Old 20 May 2004, 17:57 (Ref:976810)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Nah, not at all. If he got in it tomorrow with no testing (and a bad cold) maybe, but it wouldn't take him long. IMHO.
So what you appear to be saying is that he's better than JV.

Phew I knew I could get him into a thread tonight!
Old 20 May 2004, 18:04 (Ref:976820)   #12
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are you on a mission tonight, Pete?
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
IMO, no, he would not have won any races in the BAR. Personally I think if you put him in Sato's BAR he would be out performed by Button.

OK, we're all allowed our opinions, but that means we're allowed to laugh at them too, right?

Honestly, I think it's very difficult to say. It's almost impossible to split Schumacher from the Ferrari - they come as a package (so to speak ). So if Michael drove for BAR, the chances are the Ferrari wouldn't be as good as it is and the BAR would be even better than it is.

In a hypothetical, one-off race, (let's say Michael in a BAR and Button in a Ferrari), it'd be close. Darned close!

*anyone got a pair of tweasers? - I think I've got a splinter on me arse... *
Old 20 May 2004, 18:09 (Ref:976828)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Are you on a mission tonight, Pete?

[/i]
Well I just thought I'd get our mates involved when the get on line in Canada.
Old 20 May 2004, 18:12 (Ref:976832)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do they need encouragement?!
Old 20 May 2004, 18:18 (Ref:976838)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well its been, um, er, hours since the last JV thread.
Old 20 May 2004, 18:40 (Ref:976853)   #16
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Depends on what you mean exactly.

- If Michael would have been at BAR right from the moment they bought Tyrell, I think he would have won a couple of WDC's by now.
- If Michael would have joined BAR just before the first race of this season, I think he would have gotten a couple of podiums by now.
- If Michael would have joined BAR last season, I think both he and his team mate would have won a race this year already.
Old 20 May 2004, 18:42 (Ref:976856)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If he was in a BAR then i think he would be able to win a select amount of races, yes.
Let's see, we have Monaco coming up which i'm quite certain that he has a big chance to win in, then theres Hungary which is somewhat similar to Monaco but to a lesser degree, so his chances would be relatively similar, then there's Spa where he always seems to go very well and then also when there's rain his quite excellent tactical mind *ASCII pinches himself* has the edge more often than not.

So yeah, i think he can win a few races in the '04 BAR.
Old 20 May 2004, 19:29 (Ref:976923)   #18
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he would might have won one race. MS has simply had the car to blow everyone away. He's more or less paced himself in the races. He drops some mind blowing laps at some crutial times, but you have to remember that he is perfectly capable of doing that lap after lap, not just when the pit stops happen. While this years car may not be the F2002, it certainly has more than MS shows. Through the race he typically drives it .5-1 sec slower than he is capable of. Remember that JPM out qualified MS and the F2002 quiet often but had nothing for them in the race because MS went full out for 75% of the race.
Old 20 May 2004, 19:32 (Ref:976926)   #19
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Do you Think TGF would have been winning if he drove for BAR?

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank_White
I personally think that Michael would have won several races if he was a BAR driver. He has always managed to win even in patently inferior cars.
absolutley spot on Frank_White
Old 20 May 2004, 19:34 (Ref:976930)   #20
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he could have had chance to win a possibly one in BAR, maybe at Imola.

No more.
Old 20 May 2004, 20:02 (Ref:976944)   #21
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
... and would Button then win the World Championship if he had Schumacher's Ferrari?
Old 20 May 2004, 20:04 (Ref:976946)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he can win one, maybe even two.
But continued success as in multiple WDC's (3+ WDC's for example) is a different matter.
Old 20 May 2004, 20:11 (Ref:976951)   #23
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This entire thread is (necessarily) conjecture, but I think he would have a few wins in the BAR. I agree with the notion that the most significant factor in how many wins he would have is who is in the Ferrari. As much as I hate to say it, TGF is the fastest driver on the grid, I think by a fair margin over all tracks/dates/times/weather/situations, and armed with that, would bring a good fight to Ferrari if he was in the BAR.
Old 20 May 2004, 20:57 (Ref:977011)   #24
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok consider what follows and then make up your minds.
A couple of years ago MS paid Paul Stoddart a large wad of cash to borrow his 2 seat car so he could show his wife and mechanics what it was like to be in a F1 car at full noise.
I cannot remember which track was used but I do recall a GP was held there that year.(important fact)The times MS layed down were impresive.So impresive in fact it would have put that car 11th or 12th on the grid that year.
Now it is important to remember this was a 2 seat Minardi.
Paul Stoddart expressed disbelife at all of this and was then heard to say the people he was taking out the next day had better not expect the same as there was no way he was even going to come close to the times MS was putting down.
After you consider that it is clear that even if MS was driving a Jag,Jordan or Minardi he would have at least been on the podium if not on the top step.
The guy is a freak and as long as hes having fun he will drive in F1 regardless of whos car it is.

The Grumpy1

P.S. Have a nice day

Last edited by grumpy1; 20 May 2004 at 20:59.
Old 20 May 2004, 21:08 (Ref:977024)   #25
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No offence grumpy1, but that's complete & utter ********.