Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3298822)   #121
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Long Beach was semi-announced when they sent out ticket renewals for the LBGP and USCR was on the schedule. Indy will be in May with an Indycar doubleheader. Should be annouced on Friday.
Then Detroit or Kansas will be dropped.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:08 (Ref:3298825)   #122
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Since people are complaining about a lack of news sources how about that one:

Quote:
The new aerodynamic package for the Daytona Prototype has been tested! Our Chad Casey reports that a new front splitter, duel element rear wing and under floor tunnels were used.
http://gaunleashed.tumblr.com/post/6...as-been-tested
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3298830)   #123
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I didn't look at the background. I bet it's Dagys' new blog site....if that's the case, then this dude is possibly the biggest narcissist I've met in years...

I'm gonna laugh hysterically if it is.
Start your laughing. The future is here.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3298831)   #124
Tim240z
Rookie

United States
Tim240z should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not gonna lie... I think adding some nifty aero bits to the DPs might do something for their looks.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3298843)   #125
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
There's nothing to laugh about. The site looks good.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3298850)   #126
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dinosaurs in tutus? Whatever gets you there.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3298857)   #127
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Since people are complaining about a lack of news sources how about that one:
http://gaunleashed.tumblr.com/post/6...as-been-tested
I wonder if that's the Spirit of Daytona car sharing Roebling Road with the DW yesterday and today?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3298866)   #128
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
mdaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say I was so excited when the series was announced. After seeing that entry list and talking to Rob Dyson this past weekend I don't even care anymore. How can Dyson racing not be a part of this? I was so excited and now I'm so bummed.

Last edited by mdaro; 4 Sep 2013 at 14:09.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3298871)   #129
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I wonder if that's the Spirit of Daytona car sharing Roebling Road with the DW yesterday and today?
According to GA's testing list it is: http://www.grand-am.com/Portals/0/Im...ting201346.pdf

Run by Marsh racing, though.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3298881)   #130
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Realistically USCR won't be very different than ALMS unless management USCR goes Waaayy overboard with race-to-race BoP to keep DPs competitive.

(I don't care which class wins, btw, so long as one class isn't crippled to allow another to win, and then a switchback, and all that.)

The P2s will be there, and if the DPs are too, that's fine; either than can match the pace or lose. GTE will be there, and GTC will be improved (IMO) by changing to GTD---more variety, something most of us have wanted all along.

We'll see if fan access (open paddocks, grid walks) remain, and I am Not happy about losing both TV and streaming for the races, but otherwise ...

Sure, losing a couple of the top teams (Dyson hasn't been lately, but that have been there since before forever) would really suck.

I hadn't heard that Dyson was dropping out, though ... only that they were easing up in 2013 to focus on the future.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3298882)   #131
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Oh. I am. I don't hate the guy, I think he does an okay job....he just reminds me of a 4 year old who is constantly in your face so you pay attention to them. If he didn't exist, I don't think life would be drastically different...but...for those of you who enjoy his stuff. Good for you, I just find him annoying.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 4 Sep 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3298919)   #132
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
mdaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Realistically USCR won't be very different than ALMS unless management USCR goes Waaayy overboard with race-to-race BoP to keep DPs competitive.

(I don't care which class wins, btw, so long as one class isn't crippled to allow another to win, and then a switchback, and all that.)

The P2s will be there, and if the DPs are too, that's fine; either than can match the pace or lose. GTE will be there, and GTC will be improved (IMO) by changing to GTD---more variety, something most of us have wanted all along.

We'll see if fan access (open paddocks, grid walks) remain, and I am Not happy about losing both TV and streaming for the races, but otherwise ...

Sure, losing a couple of the top teams (Dyson hasn't been lately, but that have been there since before forever) would really suck.

I hadn't heard that Dyson was dropping out, though ... only that they were easing up in 2013 to focus on the future.
I talked to Rob Dyson, Chris Dyson and James Weaver this past weekend and all three said the same thing. There are no plans to run the current car next year. They have not been told yet by IMSA what changes would be needed. I asked about moving to P2 and both Rob and Chris said that's an option but neither sounded like that was the direction they were heading. It really seemed to me that they were preparing everyone for no Dyson car next year. All three said almost the exact same thing (rehearsed?), " It's going to be a shame next year without us on the grid. We feel we've contributed a lot to the paddock and the series."

I have to believe at this point we won't see Dyson in the series next year.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3298930)   #133
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Once again, there goes a competitor due to the lack of regs...my faith is waning quickly....maybe Hindy could come here and rant about how we need to pay attention to this because there is no other option...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3298931)   #134
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Once again, there goes a competitor due to the lack of regs...my faith is waning quickly....maybe Hindy could come here and rant about how we need to pay attention to this because there is no other option...
He still has a point IMO as frustrating as everything is. We can't really do anything to help the situation. The fans can sure as hell make themselves yet another problem for the series.

At least the bickering, for the most part, has stopped. But I still maintain the hardest part to merge is the two groups of fans.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3298932)   #135
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good for you, I just find him annoying.
Because he corrected you on Twitter?

Feel free to do a better job than he does. I'll start holding my breath soon.