Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6 Jun 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3738971)   #8656
Akrapovic
Veteran
 
Akrapovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Scotland
Posts: 6,705
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure they own the IP. I imagine McLaren Automotive own the IP, they just license it to CRS. But I'm just guessing at that, someone here will surely know more. It'd be an odd time to end it, unless McLaren now have the facilities ready to do it in house.
Akrapovic is online now  
Quote
Old 6 Jun 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3738975)   #8657
Bcarr6
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,512
Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Not sure they own the IP. I imagine McLaren Automotive own the IP, they just license it to CRS. But I'm just guessing at that, someone here will surely know more. It'd be an odd time to end it, unless McLaren now have the facilities ready to do it in house.


McLaren Auto license to CRS, McLaren retain ownership of any IP

CRS are essentially contractors for McLaren.

This sounds like a mere formality, I imagine a lot of CRS staff will be retained in any new efforts, but under the McLaren Auto company...

If anything, I'd say this signals a future increase in GT activity, as the actual manufacturer want to be directly involved

Zak Brown said they are looking at GTE, and the addition of Dan Warmsely from Strakka points towards that end.

With the new 720s out, I imagine we will see that as the new GT platform soon, over GTE and hopefully GT3 too. I'd say 2019, question is could McLaren handle launching a GTE and GT3 at once as well as setting up a factory effort for the WEC

The 570s GT4 still has a plenty more life in it
Bcarr6 is offline  
Quote
Old 6 Jun 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3739092)   #8658
billy bleach
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Ireland
Dublin
Posts: 489
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
McLaren Auto license to CRS, McLaren retain ownership of any IP

CRS are essentially contractors for McLaren.

This sounds like a mere formality, I imagine a lot of CRS staff will be retained in any new efforts, but under the McLaren Auto company...

If anything, I'd say this signals a future increase in GT activity, as the actual manufacturer want to be directly involved

Zak Brown said they are looking at GTE, and the addition of Dan Warmsely from Strakka points towards that end.

With the new 720s out, I imagine we will see that as the new GT platform soon, over GTE and hopefully GT3 too. I'd say 2019, question is could McLaren handle launching a GTE and GT3 at once as well as setting up a factory effort for the WEC

The 570s GT4 still has a plenty more life in it
Retain the staff? I gather it is one of the most unhappy places on earth to work. This list of former staff is long......
billy bleach is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3739760)   #8659
chernaudi
Veteran
 
chernaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,872
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know how seriously to take this but John Dagys posted a tweet that there's potentially some ominous or weird news to come out of Le Mans in the coming days. He gives no hints as to what it is, so it should at this stage be taken with a grain of salt. But given the unexpected Audi Sport pull out of the WEC at the end of last season, and if the news is indeed bad or strange, there are some possibilities (note, I'm definitely not an optimist when it comes to the goings on in racing):

Toyota or Porsche scaling back or pulling out of the WEC

LMP2 top speeds getting capped

Strange goings on in GTE-Pro BOP

LMP1 privateer prospects taking an unexpected hit for next season

Goings on with the 2018 WEC schedule

Or it could just be John embellishing something he heard to make it more click-baity, since SC365 is funded, like many websites, by the number of clicks it gets based on ads/sponsorship.

As mentioned, I tend to be negative about stuff in racing because ever since I got access to the internet I've seen projects either come and go quickly or never materialize. And hence, it's hard for me to be optimistic about stuff in racing. But it could be something bad, something good, something indifferent, or nothing at all at this stage--the bad thing with rumors, especially when the person starting them gives no details.
chernaudi is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3739761)   #8660
FormulaFox
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
United States
Ohio
Posts: 1,678
FormulaFox User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I don't know how seriously to take this but John Dagys posted a tweet that there's potentially some ominous or weird news to come out of Le Mans in the coming days. He gives no hints as to what it is, so it should at this stage be taken with a grain of salt. But given the unexpected Audi Sport pull out of the WEC at the end of last season, and if the news is indeed bad or strange, there are some possibilities (note, I'm definitely not an optimist when it comes to the goings on in racing):

Toyota or Porsche scaling back or pulling out of the WEC

LMP2 top speeds getting capped

Strange goings on in GTE-Pro BOP

LMP1 privateer prospects taking an unexpected hit for next season

Goings on with the 2018 WEC schedule

Or it could just be John embellishing something he heard to make it more click-baity, since SC365 is funded, like many websites, by the number of clicks it gets based on ads/sponsorship.
Chassis BoP in LMP2 as a result of the Oreca domination on test day is a very real possibility as well.
FormulaFox is online now  
__________________
JRDUD is love. JRSUS is life. We are all JRSUD. JRDUS is a lie.
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3739777)   #8661
Akrapovic
Veteran
 
Akrapovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Scotland
Posts: 6,705
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah the LMP2 regs do actually allow for a BoP, it's just never been used. Given how it's played out, I could believe they'd do it.
Akrapovic is online now  
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3739790)   #8662
chernaudi
Veteran
 
chernaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,872
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
BOP in a way is useless because everyone's running the same engine. However, there's a fairly big descrepency in performance between Oreca and everyone else that's shown up at LM that hasn't really been evident elsewhere.
chernaudi is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3739791)   #8663
canaglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 565
canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agree, won't be surprised to see ligier, dallara and the lonely riley pushed down to 900 or 915kg. But honestly, very likely it won't change anything.

Dallara LD package is crap.... basically dallara lmp2 without any downforce...

Riley seems to don't have a LD package at all, having always been the slowest lmp2 in fast tracks like daytona. HD package is nothing special as well...

Guess ligier lmp2 is the only package as competitive as oreca, just a bit more draggy maybe... main difference is that top lmp2 teams use orecas
canaglia is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3739798)   #8664
deggis
Veteran
 
deggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Finland
Posts: 5,724
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I'd exclude any kind LMP1/GTE manufacturer pullout or scale back: who would announce such bad news just before _the_ race? Not to mention that these sort of decisions are usually made in at the end of the year.

And here is the original tweet:

https://twitter.com/johndagys/status/873202632999010304

I have a feeling it’s going to be a very crazy news week at Le Mans, and not for good reasons. I sure hope I’m wrong.
deggis is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3739800)   #8665
Scorchess
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 249
Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think the 'feelings' of John Dagys should count for anything.
Scorchess is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3739809)   #8666
TF110
Veteran
 
TF110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
United States
Posts: 14,020
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
I don't think the 'feelings' of John Dagys should count for anything.
He's gotten a little better since the "Ferrari lmp1" debacle
TF110 is online now  
Quote
Old 9 Jun 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3739813)   #8667
Scorchess
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 249
Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Must have missed that, but I still remember the 'Audi considering DPi' headline that had an article underneath it where it said 'Audi is not considering DPi'.
Scorchess is offline  
Quote
Old 10 Jun 2017, 00:42 (Ref:3739830)   #8668
seanyb505
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
United States
Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 997
seanyb505 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridseanyb505 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
He's gotten a little better since the "Ferrari lmp1" debacle
Lol nah
seanyb505 is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Jun 2017, 12:43 (Ref:3741612)   #8669
Articus
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,625
Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What are the odds that brands like Mercedes, Mclaren, Honda enter LM24 in 2020? Mercedes has already achieved everything possible, Mclaren are lacking identity outside of F1, and Honda look out of place in F1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Articus is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Jun 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3741619)   #8670
Akrapovic
Veteran
 
Akrapovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Scotland
Posts: 6,705
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
What are the odds that brands like Mercedes, Mclaren, Honda enter LM24 in 2020? Mercedes has already achieved everything possible, Mclaren are lacking identity outside of F1, and Honda look out of place in F1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McLaren are always talking about a GTE entry. That's apparently why Strakka have the works GT3 cars at the moment - to prep for that car being a GTE car in it's next generation.

Honda...with hybrids? They barely last 24 minutes.
Akrapovic is online now  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[LM24] 2014 Le Mans Entry Rumours The Badger 24 Heures du Mans 47 30 Sep 2013 22:04
Rumours more rumours! crazytrain ChampCar World Series 11 7 Oct 2002 17:06
[LM24] Le Mans Series and Sportscar Racer Speedworx 24 Heures du Mans 20 6 Feb 2002 02:55
log-in repetition Unregistered Announcements and Feedback 6 10 Apr 2001 17:26
Repetition... Chris Y WTCC & European Touring Car Series 6 20 Mar 2001 13:33


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.