Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3728376)   #151
simon5574
Rookie

simon5574 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
time certain finishes are p33ing me off more than exploding tyres and dotted lines.
its crap

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3728381)   #152
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
I saw another 3 cars in the background of one of the later stops doing the same thing. So it appears quite a few cars have escaped a penalty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Why was there no witches hat at the beginning of the broken line?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3728386)   #153
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Why was there no witches hat at the beginning of the broken line?
Exactly, would have avoided any confusion. Just a rank amateur decision by the stewards, penalising drivers for their own ineptitude. Am I correct in thinking that the garages at the beginning of the pit lane were empty anyway, so not really a safety concern?

Presumably the psi minimum and maximum camber angle will be changed for tomorrow to avoid the tyre problems.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3728387)   #154
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
R5 Press Conference

Mr Coulthard doesn't seem to be comfortable in these conferences.
Smarty bum responses don't forward the commercial game of the team or their partners.

And Mr Tander was logical.. asking how the tyre was signed off without a PI test..
Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3728390)   #155
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Supercar Commission To Meet About Tyres

The only options on the table are minimum tyre pressures and maximum camber angles aren't they. Won't fix a construction issue, if that's the basis of the problem.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3728392)   #156
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cams got their asses put on blast by Roland gee wiz

Last edited by PS2244; 22 Apr 2017 at 10:44.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3728394)   #157
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Cams got their asses put on blast by Roland gee wiz
Do CAMS make the rules, or just enforce the regulations given to them by Supercars?
Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3728396)   #158
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Do CAMS make the rules, or just enforce the regulations given to them by Supercars?
It's the way they enforce it is abysmal
Old 22 Apr 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3728397)   #159
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading on the supercars website that tjey only stipulate a minimum pressure and not a maximum camber. Very surprised about that given the nature of the car and the amount of camber they run as a result.

With that in mind you can't really blame the teams for the failures if they're given no guidelines on how far they can safely push a tyre and you certainly can't let them find out via failures...

Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3728399)   #160
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's the way they enforce it is abysmal
What, it was abysmal that they enforced a rule when they were shown footage of cars breaking the rule?
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:16 (Ref:3728400)   #161
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

I used to be really p***ed off by the sellout to Foxtel. Now, I think they are actually doing us a favour, there is no longer any need to watch the telecast as the so called "racing" is totally irrelevant, the result is no longer decided by who crosses the line first, it is all fabricated by "race control" (these days the name says it all). We may as well give the "highlights" a miss as well, just get up the morning after and read the constructed results, has NOTHING to do with what we used to call RACING.
What an absolute disaster you have created Mr. Warburton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A race is decided by a few dotted lines and a bunch of unproven dodgy tyres.

Anyway thanks for all the free time this weekend, instead of watching the V8's (not the "Supercars") which I used to love, I got a lot done around the farm, watched the highlights for a short time, then switched over to Netflix, won't be bothering with the "highlights" tomorrow, just read the results Monday once they have finished manufacturing them.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3728401)   #162
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What, it was abysmal that they enforced a rule when they were shown footage of cars breaking the rule?
They should be proactive and investigate and not hand out penalties because the infringement shows up on TV.

Remember the old spinning the wheels during a pit stop - only on one occasion was a penalty handed out that didn't first air on TV.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3728402)   #163
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
This one?

Bingo.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3728403)   #164
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Reading on the supercars website that tjey only stipulate a minimum pressure and not a maximum camber. Very surprised about that given the nature of the car and the amount of camber they run as a result.

With that in mind you can't really blame the teams for the failures if they're given no guidelines on how far they can safely push a tyre and you certainly can't let them find out via failures...

Really, firstly they had a test day and secondly teams had issues yesterday, I notice triple 8 didnt have issues today. wonder why that is
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3728405)   #165
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez
They should be proactive and investigate and not hand out penalties because the infringement shows up on TV.

Remember the old spinning the wheels during a pit stop - only on one occasion was a penalty handed out that didn't first air on TV.
In a perfect world there would be camera's and officials everywhere to catch everything

But there isn't, and when footage clearly shows a rules breach, then it must be acted upon by the stewards

If they didn't act on it, there would be just as much critcism of the stewards in the other direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Really, firstly they had a test day and secondly teams had issues yesterday, I notice triple 8 didnt have issues today. wonder why that is
Agree completely
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3728406)   #166
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yep, they learnt their lesson from Lowndes practice crash.

No one else bothered to assess it.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3728407)   #167
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Because obviously they ran conservative settings and probably informed their drivers on how to cope with it, but their ability to cope with an apparent issue doesn't negate the fact that a clear issue exists which differs from the norm that the cars run with. For a lot of teams the race was the first time they had encountered a problem as well. Teams are going to run settings that historical data has deemed competitive and reliable, so when they rock up to a circuit utilising that data only to find themselves with sudden failures it's not exactly fair for them to carry the blame. It then becomes a case of guesswork on how conservative they need to run in order to avoid issues and some did better than others in that department. A team learning the limits of their setup via a blow out at 200kph isn't really ideal.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3728408)   #168
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Because obviously they ran conservative settings and probably informed their drivers on how to cope with it, but their ability to cope with an apparent issue doesn't negate the fact that a clear issue exists which differs from the norm that the cars run with. For a lot of teams the race was the first time they had encountered a problem as well. Teams are going to run settings that historical data has deemed competitive and reliable, so when they rock up to a circuit utilising that data only to find themselves with sudden failures it's not exactly fair for them to carry the blame. It then becomes a case of guesswork on how conservative they need to run in order to avoid issues and some did better than others in that department. A team learning the limits of their setup via a blow out at 200kph isn't really ideal.
How else do you learn the limits of a set up, you have to take them to a limit

so the ran conservative setting and had two cars in the top 5. interesting
Old 22 Apr 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3728410)   #169
Ospi
Veteran

Quote:
How else do you learn the limits of a set up, you have to take them to a limit

so the ran conservative setting and had two cars in the top 5. interesting
They also had data from a failure yesterday which pointed them in the right direction on safer settings. Other teams weren't lucky enough to have failures in practice to learn the lessons red bull did. For those that did, sure, they probably didn't play it conservatively enough, but then again perhaps they did, there's a lot of facts within this situation we don't know.

Old 22 Apr 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3728418)   #170
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
I used to be really p***ed off by the sellout to Foxtel. Now, I think they are actually doing us a favour, there is no longer any need to watch the telecast as the so called "racing" is totally irrelevant, the result is no longer decided by who crosses the line first, it is all fabricated by "race control" (these days the name says it all). We may as well give the "highlights" a miss as well, just get up the morning after and read the constructed results, has NOTHING to do with what we used to call RACING.
What an absolute disaster you have created Mr. Warburton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A race is decided by a few dotted lines and a bunch of unproven dodgy tyres.

Anyway thanks for all the free time this weekend, instead of watching the V8's (not the "Supercars") which I used to love, I got a lot done around the farm, watched the highlights for a short time, then switched over to Netflix, won't be bothering with the "highlights" tomorrow, just read the results Monday once they have finished manufacturing them.
Calm down mate it's not fabricated how do you think Coulthard is leading if they are?
Old 22 Apr 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3728419)   #171
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Peckstar it's not a conspiracy lol
Old 22 Apr 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3728420)   #172
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Peckstar it's not a conspiracy lol
agreed. merely learning from yesterday, its why they have won the last 7 teams championships
Old 22 Apr 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3728421)   #173
one five five
Veteran

Old 22 Apr 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3728423)   #174
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
agreed. merely learning from yesterday, its why they have won the last 7 teams championships
Because they've got more money and more resources at their disposal it's like all sports you have your powerhouses
Old 22 Apr 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3728425)   #175
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Isn't time certain finishes do to there being no lighting at most of the track on the calendar?