Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Apr 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4107861)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BTCC Fantasy League 2022 - Rd 1 Results

First set of results have now been compiled (pending any judicial review).

The scores for the possible selections:
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Fantasy League Rd1 Results.png  
Old 24 Apr 2022, 19:56 (Ref:4107863)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And for the fist set of standings:

Pentagon Racing set the early pace with a score of 203, closely followed by Just4Fun Racing on 200.
Rainbow Cars and Dependable until Careless Team are tied for 3rd on 184.

6 teams failed to make triple figures so far, with Mallard and Duck Sports trailing on 32.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Fantasy League Rd1 Entrant Scores.png  
Old 24 Apr 2022, 20:05 (Ref:4107866)   #3
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for calculating it so fast! Good job!

I love how my team's name stands out true BTCC vibes
And not a bad points situation for me considering that Collard had a disastrous weekend, Laser Tools also outside points mostly!
Old 24 Apr 2022, 20:22 (Ref:4107871)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Will provide updated values for selections tomorrow, for those who want to make changes.
Old 25 Apr 2022, 07:01 (Ref:4107932)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Updated set of values for those who may want to make changes.
I have included the previous and new values so that you can see who has gone up and down.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Fantasy League Rd Values.png  
Old 25 Apr 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4108007)   #6
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Please can I drop Collard as one of my main drivers and replace him with Gamble.
Old 25 Apr 2022, 14:44 (Ref:4108010)   #7
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Updated set of values for those who may want to make changes.
I have included the previous and new values so that you can see who has gone up and down.
Would love to understand the logic behind Gamble falling in value considering his performance this weekend?
Old 25 Apr 2022, 15:03 (Ref:4108014)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Please can I drop Collard as one of my main drivers and replace him with Gamble.
Change made - updated entry:

Excerl9
D1: Rowbottom - £65,000.00
D2: Gamble - £28,300.00
JST: Hand - £30,000.00
Team: Laser Tools - £50,000.00
Chassis: Hyundai - £65,000.00
Engine: Ford - £50,000.00
Total: £288,300.00
Old 25 Apr 2022, 15:12 (Ref:4108016)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Would love to understand the logic behind Gamble falling in value considering his performance this weekend?
Various factors are considered when deciding the calculations of value.
The main driver is form over the previous 6 rounds, assessed on their scores in the league here.
On form - Gamble is currently 11th on the grid.
This means that on the scale of adjustments to be made, he is roughly 1/3rd of the way down the list, so a slight upwards adjustment would be made.

Then, a further adjustment is made based on the driver's form compared to the real-world championship standing. Gamble is 9th in the real-world standings, and so his form is behind the real-world. This means a slight downwards adjustment is made.

On balance, the downwards adjustment is marginally larger than the upwards adjustment - and so he has seen his value fall by £1.7k.

Remember than in the fantasy league, drivers lose or gain points relative to the grid position. Gamble's finish of 20th in R3, from a grid position of 7, is where his value was hit hardest.

If he is now undervalued - why not pick a team and see how you get on?
Old 25 Apr 2022, 17:19 (Ref:4108036)   #10
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand your method of adjusting the values once they have been set, but the adjustments are insignificant in comparison to the extent to which he has been under-valued.

I would be surpised if there was a single entry, if they get round to making transfers before Brands Hatch, that doesn't switch to including Gamble in their line-up.
Old 25 Apr 2022, 17:42 (Ref:4108038)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
I would be surpised if there was a single entry, if they get round to making transfers before Brands Hatch, that doesn't switch to including Gamble in their line-up.
Of course, everyone would be free to do just that.

But - on one weekend alone - the top three in the league did not have Gamble in their team.
And if you are looking at value per point (from your £300k budget), then Ingram was the best value of the weekend costing £919.5 per point.
Thompson scored 19 points for £20k which was also better value than Gamble.

DriverPoints£/point
Ingram87919.5
Thompson191052.6
Shedden591186.4
Morgan411463.4
Cook471489.4
Gamble201500
Taylor-Smith241666.7
Hill402000