Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Sep 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4072830)   #1
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR UK 2022

There are a few entries already announced. No calendar yet.

Ant Whorton-Eales - Jamsport - Subaru
TBA - Jamsport - Subaru
Phil Tonks - Area Motorsport - Cupra DSG
Old 9 Sep 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4072836)   #2
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I imagine Ant will be the class of the field in terms of talent, I hope it's not wasted with the Subaru.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4072941)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I imagine Ant will be the class of the field in terms of talent, I hope it's not wasted with the Subaru.
Agreed - whilst it's good to have variety on the grid in terms or manufacturers/models it's no good if the cars themselves are junk.

Hopefully the grid numbers will increase again - I might actually go and see this championship live next year if they do. The cars themselves certainly look the part and it all started out sounding so positively, maybe that initial promise will finally be realised.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4072962)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I wonder how they will brand the series next year. According to the 2021 published regs it was 'Volkswagen Racing Cup incorporating Goodyear Touring Car Trophy & TCR UK', although the website also refers to it as 'Goodyear Touring Car Trophy incorporating TCR UK. By the end of the year there were no VW Cup entries and the only TCT entries were TCR cars.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4072963)   #5
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
'Volkswagen Racing Cup incorporating Goodyear Touring Car Trophy & TCR UK'
So the VRCIGTCTTCRUK? I think it needs to be longer.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4072971)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
So the VRCIGTCTTCRUK? I think it needs to be longer.
MMVRCIGTCTTCRUK
I missed out the overall series sponsor (Maximum Motorsport)

Of course what I meant is, do they drop the VW Cup and TCT elements of the name as it has become just TC UK
Old 13 Sep 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4073616)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Of course what I meant is, do they drop the VW Cup and TCT elements of the name as it has become just TC UK
So had the NGTC entries all vanished as well by the end of the season? If so it makes sense to brand it as TCR UK (assuming they have enough entries to form their own grid).
Old 13 Sep 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4073672)   #8
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So had the NGTC entries all vanished as well by the end of the season? If so it makes sense to brand it as TCR UK (assuming they have enough entries to form their own grid).
They had no NGTC entries for the final 2 rounds

All entries were TCR cars

Each round had between 12 and 16 entries across the whole season
Old 16 Sep 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4074264)   #9
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the Volkswagen Racing Cup had the championship permit - hence why the name continued to include VW Racing Cup after all the cars had stopped racing.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4074359)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to see TCR take off in the UK. I can appreciate the challenges involved with already having the BTCC as the "premier" tin top championship.
Old 5 Nov 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4081653)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
TCR has announced its calendar for next season:

16-18 April – Oulton Park International
28-29 May – Donington Park GP
18-19 June – Brands Hatch Indy
16 July – Oulton Park Island
6 August – Castle Combe
29 August – Donington Park National
23 October – Snetterton 200

Some of these are on the same meeting as British GT, others are with Time Attack.

Also Callum Newsham has been confirmed as a driver for next season in a PMR Cupra.

Hopefully they'll get a decent grid - although it's unlikely I'll see them trackside next year (they're supporting Time Attack at Brands so I'll probably give that a miss).
Old 8 Nov 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4082125)   #12
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TBA - Jamsport - Subaru
Callam Newsham - Power Maxed - Cupra
Old 22 Nov 2021, 13:48 (Ref:4084954)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Another driver for TCR, Steve Gales in a Golf. The opening sentence of the press release: "rapidly growing list of drivers and teams joining TCR UK in 2022" - given that the announced list so far is below, I'd assume that this is all bluster again - there seems to be no evidence of a rapidly growing entrylist.

TBA - Jamsport - Subaru
Steve Gales - TBC - Golf
Old 22 Nov 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4084980)   #14
antnee
Veteran

I think that assessment is a little harsh - in comparison BTCC only has 5 confirmed drivers for 2022.

All 4 of those drivers for TCR2022 didn't compete this year.
Old 22 Nov 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4084991)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I think that assessment is a little harsh - in comparison BTCC only has 5 confirmed drivers for 2022.

All 4 of those drivers for TCR2022 didn't compete this year.
Maybe it's harsh - but I'd argue it's justified. BTCC may not have announced many drivers for 2022 yet- but it's consistently had a full grid in the past few years whereas TCR has always talked a good game and failed to deliver. I certainly wouldn't describe 4 drivers as a "rapidly growing list".

I'd like to see TCR succeed in the UK, the cars look great and they should provide good racing - it's just failed to deliver so far.
Old 22 Nov 2021, 16:31 (Ref:4084995)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's mid November....
Old 23 Nov 2021, 08:03 (Ref:4085062)   #17
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Maybe it's harsh - but I'd argue it's justified. BTCC may not have announced many drivers for 2022 yet- but it's consistently had a full grid in the past few years whereas TCR has always talked a good game and failed to deliver. I certainly wouldn't describe 4 drivers as a "rapidly growing list".

I'd like to see TCR succeed in the UK, the cars look great and they should provide good racing - it's just failed to deliver so far.
The momentum is building, more teams and drivers are getting involved. There may only be 4 drivers announced, but Nikki and Stewart will have a whole list of people who will be racing next year.

Given the grid sizes last year, I think we will see consistent 20+ entries for 2022, with the odd round having even more.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4085137)   #18
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stece Kite's Misty Racing are planning on running a Golf in TCR UK 2022.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4085147)   #19
antnee
Veteran

Quite a few different people out on the test day today. Area Motorsport had 4 cars out with Winfield, Camp and Tonks in Cupras and Luke Handley in a Golf. PMR appear to have 4 or 5 cars in their custody too.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4085148)   #20
antnee
Veteran

TBA - Jamsport - Subaru
Steve Gales - Misty Racing - Golf
Old 24 Nov 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4085247)   #21
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Branko Kiprovski is also confirmed.
PMR are chasing yet more TCR data engineers (are they going to run 20 cars?)
TCR UK as a title is sorted, TCT/VW Cup is now gone (official announcement due soon, social channels already changed.)
There is one BTCC driver looking at TCR UK as a fallback if there is a shortage in their budget for 2022.
The Andrew Morrison TCR Seat is getting a new engine and looking like it will be sold within the UK - Apparently to someone with an eye TCR UK and Britcar.
Misty Racing look good for TCR UK, Kite is a genius, has some BTCC spannering behind him.
B Kent will be back too it looks like. L Kent was meant to go ETCR in 2021 but Covid stopped that, would like to think he'd get another year in the UK, against a full season full grid.
Old 24 Nov 2021, 10:19 (Ref:4085248)   #22
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Olly Turner is confirmed too.
Old 4 Dec 2021, 13:59 (Ref:4086552)   #23
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Martin Depper has his company livery all over a Golf TCR testing at the taster day at Donington recently so I'd say its his car and his entry will be expected at ASI '22.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4087976)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TCR UK granted championship status as WSC licence extended

'TCR UK will become a standalone series for the 2022 season after being awarded championship status by Motorsport UK, the governing body of UK motorsport.'
Old 9 Dec 2021, 19:31 (Ref:4087994)   #25
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Martin Depper has his company livery all over a Golf TCR testing at the taster day at Donington recently so I'd say its his car and his entry will be expected at ASI '22.
That's just because the stickers haven't been taken off from when his son drove the car this season.