Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 May 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4109376)   #26
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for posting the timetable & TV Times. Hopefully my recorder will pick the correct programmes!
OK I'll come clean and admit my mistake. After spending/wasting a considerable amount of time on Saturday setting my machine to record what I thought would be the correct times on ITV1 & ITV4 (the BTCC coverage wasn't listed), I finally realised that the Brands Hatch meeting is next weekend!
Old 9 May 2022, 12:03 (Ref:4109384)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I will get a better idea when I buy the Radio Times tomorrow
Old 9 May 2022, 12:18 (Ref:4109388)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I will get a better idea when I buy the Radio Times tomorrow
Of what?
All of the broadcast details are in this thread, and available on the BTCC and ITV websites (along with numerous other online tv guide websites, and your device's EPG).

Unless the Radio Times is running a BTCC article this week?
Old 9 May 2022, 14:18 (Ref:4109411)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
OK I'll come clean and admit my mistake. After spending/wasting a considerable amount of time on Saturday setting my machine to record what I thought would be the correct times on ITV1 & ITV4 (the BTCC coverage wasn't listed), I finally realised that the Brands Hatch meeting is next weekend!

Who's a silly billy, then?
Old 9 May 2022, 14:45 (Ref:4109420)   #30
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Who's a silly billy, then?
Guilty as charged Mike, it was only whilst I was struggling like mad to log-on and watch the qualifying live I finally noticed the 'Countdown to the Next Race' said six days and so many hours...
I did spent the rest of the weekend standing in the corner with my Dunces hat on!
Old 9 May 2022, 16:56 (Ref:4109441)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Update - including qualifying broadcast details:

https://www.btcc.net/2022/05/09/btcc...-brands-hatch/

(No change for ITV & ITV4 details)
Old 10 May 2022, 12:27 (Ref:4109539)   #32
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
What's this reveal btc racing have got tonight then? Looks like a new livery. RICH energy already done a runner?
Old 10 May 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4109543)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
What's this reveal btc racing have got tonight then? Looks like a new livery. RICH energy already done a runner?
How do you reach the conclusion of either a new livery or a change of sponsor from what has been posted?
Old 10 May 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4109556)   #34
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Reveal?
Old 10 May 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4109558)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Reveal?
BTC Racing: "Something new is coming... find out tonight 6pm"

https://instagram.com/stories/btcracing_/2835058158009220516?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Old 10 May 2022, 13:47 (Ref:4109560)   #36
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they replaced Edwards ?
Old 10 May 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4109563)   #37
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea, definitely a new livery. Will make a change for BTC to have any sort of design on the car.
Old 10 May 2022, 13:59 (Ref:4109564)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
they replaced Edwards ?
No, Cook and Plato.
Old 10 May 2022, 14:00 (Ref:4109565)   #39
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Yea, definitely a new livery. Will make a change for BTC to have any sort of design on the car.
Yep, cars looked rather unfinished at round 1 I thought.
Old 10 May 2022, 14:18 (Ref:4109567)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
OK - I can see how there might be some change to the livery from the 'teaser'.

I'm not sure it is definitely a full livery, or just the addition of another sponsor. Could even be the existing livery with a tweak.

What I'm not getting is any indication of a split with any of their existing sponsors or drivers. Quite why that conclusion is reached is lost on me?
Attached Images

Old 10 May 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4109570)   #41
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
What I'm not getting is any indication of a split with any of their existing sponsors or drivers. Quite why that conclusion is reached is lost on me?
Does it matter? People can post what they'd like without you going after them...
Old 10 May 2022, 14:50 (Ref:4109573)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Does it matter? People can post what they'd like without you going after them...
Who have I 'gone after'? I've just asked how that conclusion has been reached from what has been published.
Old 10 May 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4109577)   #43
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep, cars looked rather unfinished at round 1 I thought.
I get that the plain battleship grey was their identity but also thought the plain black of this year just looked unfinished
Old 10 May 2022, 16:04 (Ref:4109579)   #44
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
I think the challenge for a BTC livery comes from their title sponsor being gold on black, but their next two most prominent backers are well established as white on blue and pink on blue schemes.
Old 10 May 2022, 17:15 (Ref:4109586)   #45
Pickles
Veteran

Still not really a fan to be honest

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdYp3wKN...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Old 10 May 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4109589)   #46
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Still not really a fan to be honest

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdYp3wKN...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
More gold in the livery - should appease those who think there is too much black on the grid.

Old 10 May 2022, 17:35 (Ref:4109590)   #47
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think the challenge for a BTC livery comes from their title sponsor being gold on black, but their next two most prominent backers are well established as white on blue and pink on blue schemes.

Realised this should have said 'pink on white' as opposed to 'pink on blue'.

Old 10 May 2022, 19:20 (Ref:4109600)   #48
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Does that mean Plato will finally get to replace his taped over BMR Subaru race suit?
Old 10 May 2022, 19:24 (Ref:4109601)   #49
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Does that mean Plato will finally get to replace his taped over BMR Subaru race suit?

I'm thinking - he has spent so long despising Hondas, that he can't bring himself to have a race suit with Honda on it. So he's keeping his primary sponsor happy with the Adrian Flux brand, but will not give Honda any more publicity than he can.

Either that or he's getting tight in his old age. The contract didn't specify he has to wear a BTC suit, so he won't fork out for one from his own pocket.....
Old 10 May 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4109610)   #50
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I'm shocked that he's still using a 6 year old suit. Fair enough for Media Day but it's not a great look is it? Unless the reality of his impending BTCC retirement has hit home and he is trying to make some cutbacks Fingers crossed the Renault suit makes an appearance at some point!