Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 8 Jul 2022, 23:41 (Ref:4118704)   #51
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wait, isn't Louisiana all swamps and water?? That can't be outside your window.

And found on the side of Howell Mill in Atlanta for a certain user to celebrate The Champs

That is a glorious 2-tone! But isn't it for the Browns?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Reminds me of this tweet and the sadness this guy has now the crane has gone.

https://twitter.com/daraobriain/stat...8IFqA2ZImLK23w

Make the most of the crane being there.
I will honor them properly!

sent during haircut
Old 9 Jul 2022, 01:52 (Ref:4118705)   #52
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Not exactly a car, but giant cranes showed up outside my office and are currently being assembled. I don't know why they need these giant cranes, as there isn't any material sitting around that would need to be lifted.

sent during haircut
Did you post this just for me? As you are aware, I am passionate about jumbo mobile cranes. They are some of the coolest machines in the world. The crane in the background is probably 80-100 tons and its job is to erect the REAL crane. If I told you those grey counterbalance weights in the middle of the shot weighed 30-40 tons each, would you believe me? It doesn't appear to be at its maximums but would still be really cool to check out over the weekend if you get a chance. There are less than 15 in the country.

Gratuitous photo of one maxed out. We had to close three blocks just to set up the jib.
Old 9 Jul 2022, 01:52 (Ref:4118706)   #53
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

LMAO I get it. They are awesome (but dangerous) machines.

Last edited by JHamilton; 9 Jul 2022 at 02:01.
Old 9 Jul 2022, 16:01 (Ref:4118756)   #54
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That is a glorious 2-tone! But isn't it for the Browns?
I will honor them properly!

sent during haircut
Shhhh, let him think the right ones
Old 9 Jul 2022, 16:04 (Ref:4118758)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Did you post this just for me? As you are aware, I am passionate about jumbo mobile cranes. They are some of the coolest machines in the world. The crane in the background is probably 80-100 tons and its job is to erect the REAL crane. If I told you those grey counterbalance weights in the middle of the shot weighed 30-40 tons each, would you believe me? It doesn't appear to be at its maximums but would still be really cool to check out over the weekend if you get a chance. There are less than 15 in the country.

Gratuitous photo of one maxed out. We had to close three blocks just to set up the jib.
Quote:

Quote:
Not exactly a car, but giant cranes showed up outside my office and are currently being assembled. I don't know why they need these giant cranes, as there isn't any material sitting around that would need to be lifted.

sent during haircut
Best series of posts thus far in this thread!!
Old 9 Jul 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4118760)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wait, isn't Louisiana all swamps and water?? That can't be outside your window.

And found on the side of Howell Mill in Atlanta for a certain user to celebrate The Champs

Totally the Clowns and is in the front runner for best vehicle spotted yet!!
Old 9 Jul 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4118763)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Did you post this just for me?
I'm posting this just for you
Old 9 Jul 2022, 17:28 (Ref:4118770)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a spot. And still has at least one hub cap. Sweet.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4119105)   #59
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Update. It is erect.

It is hard to see the scale, but that is about a 20 story building that is getting new AC equipment put on the roof and possibly a pool. The crane is obviously taller.

sent during haircut
Old 11 Jul 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4119136)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Update. It is erect.

It is hard to see the scale, but that is about a 20 story building that is getting new AC equipment put on the roof and possibly a pool. The crane is obviously taller.

sent during haircut
That's the way we like our cranes; erect, with heavy loads.
Old 12 Jul 2022, 01:49 (Ref:4119183)   #61
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'm posting this just for you
I think we deserve a story on this one.

sent during haircut
Old 12 Jul 2022, 02:33 (Ref:4119188)   #62
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I think we deserve a story on this one.

sent during haircut
We've always joked about a sketch on SNL.

Old 13 Jul 2022, 13:39 (Ref:4119393)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
We've always joked about a sketch on SNL.

I wish you weren't a liar.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 14:18 (Ref:4119405)   #64
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I don't lie. Like I really saw this 'Smart' car and a retired Aerostar, similar to one we used to take to Road Atlanta yesterday. There was a bunch of yard cars on my route to and from some field work. Ramp Truck was the best.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 15:05 (Ref:4119409)   #65
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Big trouble in crane town. They have been disassembling part of the crane while at the same time the pool which is supposed to be lifted to the roof has arrived on site (not pictured)

sent during haircut
Old 13 Jul 2022, 15:22 (Ref:4119410)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I don't lie. Like I really saw this 'Smart' car and a retired Aerostar, similar to one we used to take to Road Atlanta yesterday. There was a bunch of yard cars on my route to and from some field work. Ramp Truck was the best.
The Aerostar is the gem there.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4119420)   #67
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Big trouble in crane town. They have been disassembling part of the crane while at the same time the pool which is supposed to be lifted to the roof has arrived on site (not pictured)

sent during haircut
Looks like there was a field trip to see the crane in action. Those kids look disappointed the pool isn't being lifted.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 18:57 (Ref:4119433)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Looks like there was a field trip to see the crane in action. Those kids look disappointed the pool isn't being lifted.
It has now been disassembled without being used. I think it was broken or something so they have to take it offsite.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 19:30 (Ref:4119439)   #69
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
It has now been disassembled without being used. I think it was broken or something so they have to take it offsite.
Oofta. That's a bill someone is going to very unhappy to pay.

JH? What say you?
Old 13 Jul 2022, 23:52 (Ref:4119457)   #70
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Not my pic, but someone I know was in the Virgin Islands recently and snapped it. Strange modified heavy duty ford

sent during haircut
Old 14 Jul 2022, 02:05 (Ref:4119462)   #71
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You know why it's there abandoned without anyone near it? Navistar POS, they need a 2014 or newer so the Austrians designed the engine. We had 2 2009 550s and ABSOLUTE garbage
Old 14 Jul 2022, 15:41 (Ref:4119526)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
New crane just showed up. They didn't park it on the wood pad or use the outrigger pads for some reason I'm guessing it's because this one is a little bit smaller and it needs to be closer to where it's lifting.

sent during haircut
Old 14 Jul 2022, 17:19 (Ref:4119533)   #73
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have an open day at out workshops every year .
Various car clubs are invited .
Here are some pictures from last year .
https://www.forc.org.uk/forc-gallery2021-g4.php
https://www.forc.org.uk/forc-gallery2021-g3.php
Bit of a challenge to identify all of these cars .
Old 15 Jul 2022, 00:41 (Ref:4119554)   #74
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
We don't have a weekly award, but I nominate myself as winner this week.
Old 15 Jul 2022, 02:01 (Ref:4119556)   #75
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice lattice alloys.

The 1996 World Champ also plays this game
https://twitter.com/hillf1/status/15...x0DV0hQ9zAKY2g