Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Sep 2000, 19:34 (Ref:37709)   #51
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome along to Ten-Tenths Andy Just watch out, you might live to regret having invited the Ten-Tenths Gang along to meet you
Is anyone planning on staying over for the Snetterton weekend? There's no way I'm driving there and back in one day - too far!
Old 17 Sep 2000, 20:16 (Ref:37719)   #52
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yep - too far from here too, Cazzer.

It might be too cold for camping - are you stopping in a travel lodge again ? I've heard that there's a good one nearby called the Linton Travel Tavern - have you heard of it ?
Old 17 Sep 2000, 20:57 (Ref:37726)   #53
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haven't thought at all what I'm doing, preferably something as cheap as possible as I'll be recovering from paying the car insurance next month
Old 17 Sep 2000, 21:44 (Ref:37738)   #54
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Blimey - you lot call yourselves club racing enthusiasts and not camping in October - wots wrong gone soft or summink !!!
I remember when.....
Actually we did once camp at Lydden on New Years Eve, boy that was cold - but what a party - good job they wern't breathalysing us in Scrutineering !
Seriously though there are some damn site better places than the motorlodge hotels - We've used a couple of really good farm B&B's in the past when doing the Birket relay, (that's the following week I think - not doing it this year, couldn't find a drive)
Can't come up with any names right now but if you ring the circuit they would certainly be able to pass on some numbers
Although this may be the last outing for the CSCC boys now the BARC Classic package has finished the other part of that show - the Classic single seaters still have a couple of rounds left. Castle Combe on 7th October for 1600's and 2000's - part of their Formula Ford Carnival - or should that be Carnage ??? (the Junior Zetecs are there too) - You going to be there Dan et al - if so which post and I'll try and behave myself in your patch.
Also on 21st October there's the Brands FF Festival.
Sorry I won't get to meet you all at Snett.
Old 20 Sep 2000, 12:40 (Ref:38147)   #55
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who's going, and when are they? Craig, are we not braving the elements again?

I'm up for a hotel - much warmer than a bloody tent; much more comfortable beds than the passenger seat in a Pug!!
Old 20 Sep 2000, 18:30 (Ref:38244)   #56
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent! Thanks Dan, i'll take you up on that offer of the hotel; seeing as i've always put a roof over your head when we've stayed at the track, I reckon it must mean it's your turn
Old 20 Sep 2000, 19:35 (Ref:38252)   #57
Carrie
Veteran

Oh, good, you can pay for my hotel as well Dan
Old 20 Sep 2000, 20:08 (Ref:38257)   #58
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'm justified in jumping on the band wagon here too
Old 20 Sep 2000, 20:12 (Ref:38258)   #59
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yep, after you putting us up at your flat recently, Lorna, I reckon you are

Dan, make sure you book up before we go - it might be hard to find a hotel at the last moment with 5 or 6 spare rooms...
Old 20 Sep 2000, 20:15 (Ref:38260)   #60
Lorna
Veteran

Smoking room for me please
Old 20 Sep 2000, 20:40 (Ref:38265)   #61
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yer bunch o' wussies...

I'll be camping on me own, then?!

(I might get scared...)
Old 20 Sep 2000, 20:41 (Ref:38266)   #62
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
No, Sparky, Dano will be paying for your room too...
Old 20 Sep 2000, 21:26 (Ref:38274)   #63
Sparky
Veteran

Woo Hoo!

Cheers Dan... I don't know what to say!
Old 20 Sep 2000, 21:43 (Ref:38281)   #64
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, did I mention that I'm going home the week before that meeting? Pommy Barstards...

Carrie, you tend to stay at hotels; what are they around the Snetterton area? Remembering that we're not millionaires...
Old 21 Sep 2000, 05:13 (Ref:38333)   #65
Carrie
Veteran

I've stayed in one B&B in Swaffham, that's all, can't remember how much that cost.
Old 21 Sep 2000, 16:03 (Ref:38415)   #66
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Swaffham is miles away! There is a banger track there though, so maybe we could borrow Mallett's Crapi ?

I had the rather distresssing experience of speaking to Skippy on the phone this afternoon, and he didn't appreciate the idea of paying for a hotel, so he'll be paying for the campsite instead and we'll be staying at the track. Thanks Dan.
Old 21 Sep 2000, 18:05 (Ref:38453)   #67
Carrie
Veteran

Anyone want to tell me how much this is going to cost? Having just shelled out for the car insurance I'm now doing my best to be completely broke
Old 22 Sep 2000, 06:38 (Ref:38540)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You might need to remind me but since I've been in the Netherlands I've discovered an alternative to Hob-Nobs. I might just bring some along for your delectation.
Old 22 Sep 2000, 15:38 (Ref:38621)   #69
Sparky
Veteran

Are they legal, Pete?

They're not called Hash Nobs are they?
Old 28 Sep 2000, 10:13 (Ref:39791)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a reminder.
Old 28 Sep 2000, 11:20 (Ref:39802)   #71
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No worries, Peter. I'm looking forward to it.

And I even enthused about the CSCC so much last night that I've got two motor sport innocents persuaded along to it too.

Hmm. Snetterton in October. This could be kill or cure!
Old 28 Sep 2000, 22:22 (Ref:39882)   #72
Lorna
Veteran

Remind me about what? Where? When? How?
Old 29 Sep 2000, 11:55 (Ref:39975)   #73
Carrie
Veteran

I think you'll have to count me out on this one. Renewing the car insurance turned out to be a bit of a killer for the bank balance
Old 2 Oct 2000, 15:38 (Ref:40559)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
OK Folks, this is the programme.

1040-1055 signing on
1055-1155 scrutineering
1210-1230 qualifying

BTW. Its the final race of the day so we should be able to enjoy the market traffic jam. Oh great.

Sorry you can't make it Carrie. Maybe see you at the Autosports show.
Old 2 Oct 2000, 20:21 (Ref:40617)   #75
Lorna
Veteran

Not that far away now. I'll hopefully be staying at my friend's house tht weekend so I'll have the comfort without the expense Looking forward to seeing you race, Peter!