Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 1 Oct 2000, 16:25 (Ref:40387)   #26
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do I take it from that comment Maisie that minis are a bit like Fiestas?

Depending on the tickets that Silverstone send us we may make qualifying.

Does the open paddock mentioned on the Sunday timetable (10:30 - 12:00) mean that it is closed the rest of the time - even on qualifying day?
Old 1 Oct 2000, 16:35 (Ref:40392)   #27
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you've booked advance ticketws they should be for both days.
Don't think the Paddock will be shut for the rest of the day, it isn't normally and if it was to be it would kinda go away from the 'public friendly' image that the Powertour wants to present.
I've never seen the Mini 7s and Mini Miglia combined in the same race before - could be interesting Minis coming down through Dentons at Oulton 4 abreast, now that's fun But Minis at Silverstone always seem to be more boring that you expect they will be.
Old 3 Oct 2000, 08:44 (Ref:40694)   #28
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there on the Sunday (but I don't know where yet).

By the way does anyone want my spare ticket, it should get you in both days, but I probably need to know today so I can send it off to you tommorrow.

Let me know, first come first served
Old 3 Oct 2000, 16:39 (Ref:40804)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
That's a very kind offer, Mr Marshal I've sent you a private message, if the ticket is still available, I can find it a very deserving new home...

Regards

Craig.
Old 3 Oct 2000, 17:22 (Ref:40811)   #30
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deserving?
Old 3 Oct 2000, 19:08 (Ref:40827)   #31
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can confirm the ticket has left the building. Or something like that.
Old 3 Oct 2000, 19:30 (Ref:40832)   #32
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks muchly, Jon I've sent you a PM too...

All the best.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 17:59 (Ref:41276)   #33
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there both days . .see you all then!
Old 7 Oct 2000, 17:39 (Ref:41643)   #34
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I am just back from Powertour qualifying and I have never felt so cold or damp for months! I was so cold we left before the races - terrible. Have to say at this point I'm not impressed - a bit of Renault hospitality would have gone down a treat - but I am sure tomorrow will be better.

One highlight of the day - Antonia Pizzonia either a) did remember me from last year (unlikely) or b) confused me with someone else but I got a hug and a kiss - wow!!!
Old 8 Oct 2000, 21:50 (Ref:41842)   #35
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Qualifying - what happened in that then? We seemed to find our way to the bar and never actually saw the track on Saturday
At least today was better, but I've just got in from a nightmare journey home - M6 shut at Birmingham
Old 8 Oct 2000, 21:51 (Ref:41843)   #36
Carrie
Veteran

I would also like to say that I am seriously unhappy about the amount of money my car has cost me this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8 Oct 2000, 21:53 (Ref:41844)   #37
Carrie
Veteran

Craaiiiig, it's cold!!!!
Is it winter yet
Old 8 Oct 2000, 22:10 (Ref:41846)   #38
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Winter officially started approximately 15 minutes before the podium ceremony. Just after Maisie accused me of being a wuss for carrying an umbrella, and just before the cloudburst of unnaturally cold rain set in and stopped the GT race...

Thanks one and all for a most excellent day's racing, and fantastic ten-tenths company. I am really going to get withdrawal over the close season.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 12:22 (Ref:41960)   #39
Marshal
Veteran

A good, if quiet day out on the Hanger Straight. There were a few moments to liven it up,

Lee Linford arrived with me in a very battered Peugeot after beeing punted into the wall at Chapple, complaining he'd hurt his nuts!

First lap of the Mini's we had the leading 7's 5 abreast followed by a line of 4 abreast!

And Takuma Sato, blowing everyone away in the F3's. I thought that Pizzonia might have made a bit of a better fist of coming back through the field though, I was a bit dissapointed by his seeming lack of either pace or commitment.

And only 6 months till the new season starts.

Old 9 Oct 2000, 19:08 (Ref:42011)   #40
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I had a brill weekend. Apologies for not being around much to Carrie, Craig and Invader. Never done so much walking in my life and really was enjoying the racing.