Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's a Summer race again folks!

Old 5 Oct 2000, 17:34 (Ref:41271)   #2
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's just hope they picked the right date; I've been here now, so I know that Summer only lasts about a week...
Old 10 Oct 2000, 16:29 (Ref:42182)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy H
it's a Summer race again folks!
I guess the question remains - does any real motorsport fan (not your F1 only brigade...) really care anymore ?

IMHO F1 is Overpriced, overhyped & over and done with...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 21:16 (Ref:45254)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They sent through a booking form to me this week, but I've no intention of going again. GP used to be fun, but the price gets sillier ever year and it's just manic trying to cope with the crowds (also, it took months for my mobile to recover after all the "network busy" messages I kept getting at the GP)
Moving back to the topic of this years GP. Woody got my tiucket for me, so I didn't have to think about the refunds issue (we made it there no problems on the Saturday anyway). If you went to the GP and needed a Saturday refund, how have you gone on?
Old 27 Oct 2000, 21:48 (Ref:45260)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Funny you sjould mention the mobile problem, Carrie... mine was (as you know) totally ******ed after the GP

No, i'll not go again - not until it goes to Donington, anyway! The race itself is pretty poor (as are all GP these days) but the support card is simply pathetic. One Porsche Supercup round, the GP, and some historic sportscar race does not warrant spending £160 (seat) + £10 (program) + (you get the picture...)

If it were to incorporate rounds of the FIA F3000, British F3 and maybe BTCC, as well as the GP on the Sunday, then i'd reconsider. Maybe.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 21:54 (Ref:45264)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, the support race package was simply terrible this year, basically the GP has got ripping off the fans down to a fine art now
Craig, are we both aiming on spending the whole evening lurking round the trackside forum
Old 27 Oct 2000, 21:56 (Ref:45265)   #7
Carrie
Veteran

and if we are staying here all evening, can we have a party to celebrate that last post which was my 900th
Old 27 Oct 2000, 21:56 (Ref:45266)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Looks like it - seeing as ICQ is broken, i've got to do something...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 21:57 (Ref:45267)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sorry, no we can't - not unless you're buying the beer...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:01 (Ref:45271)   #10
Carrie
Veteran

ICQ's not broke here
Beer - I thought it was Dan's round - oh yeah, silly me, we've been saying that all season haven't we
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:02 (Ref:45272)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Maybe that deserves it's own topic too...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:05 (Ref:45273)   #12
Carrie
Veteran

Anyway, who needs the GP when we've got F1 testing - it's free, it's not crowded and it's got a far more exclusive breed of spectator
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:07 (Ref:45274)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Maybe that deserves it's own topic too...
Now Craig, behave, we wouldn't want to subject any of the visitors to the Trackside forum to such a horrific topic would we...