Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 12 Apr 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1579832)   #1
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shekhar Mehta

From my understanding Shekhar Mehta passed away after falling ill on the recent Tour De Course Rally.

May he rest in peace.

Link to FiA Statement of condolence:
http://www.wrc.com/page/News/Breakin...815494,00.html
Old 12 Apr 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1579839)   #2
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was very sad to hear this news today. The man was a legend and I'm sure as WRC president he would have done a lot of good work. When I think of the Safari Rally I think of him; a great loss, RIP.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 05:25 (Ref:1580045)   #3
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shekhar Mehta

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...120406-01.html

"The FIA extends sincere condolences to the Mehta family on the sad news of the death of Shekhar Mehta.

Throughout his life Shekhar made an enormous contribution to motor sport, and rallying in particular, both as a successful competitor and as a highly respected member of the FIA. Shekhar’s experience, commitment, sense of honour and humour will be greatly missed.

Our thoughts are with the Mehta family at this difficult time."
Old 13 Apr 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1580681)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
very sad news indeed.
as an east indian whose family hails from Uganda and Kenya, Shekhar Mehta was one of our community's best known athletes and race car drivers.

whenever i mention to one of my family members that i am a race fan, they undoubtably bring up their recollections of the man.

best wishes for his family.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1580707)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rip.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1582587)   #6
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone,

I was utterly shocked when I heard that Shekhar had died this week.

I first met him in 1956 - 57 when he was at the same school, Colet Court, St Pauls Junior School, Hammersmith W6 in London, as a relative of mine.

I liked him very much and we became good friends.

I never saw him again after he left school but naturally was fascinated when I heard of his success in the Safari Rally.

It is also very sobering that I am the same age as Shekhar was and it's no age to die so young.

My sincere condolences to his family and many friends.

I will always remember you Shekhar.

God Bless and Rest In Peace.

Paula Hamilton
Old 21 Apr 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1590708)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
David Evans pays tribute to Shekhar Mehta in this weeks Autosport.

A very sad loss.