Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Sep 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2755618)   #1
adrenalinmatt1
Rookie

adrenalinmatt1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1988 Winston Cup Christmas 500

I Thought I would post this up here

From the Thunderdome Speedway, Calder Park

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLRSd...eature=channel

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G5Ld...eature=channel

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j61UY...eature=channel

Part 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4lvr...eature=channel
Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2755966)   #2
adrenalinmatt1
Rookie

Part 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llzdzl1RdsQ
Old 8 Sep 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2755996)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watched part 1 before I headed out the door this morning. Not much better on the Tuesday morning after Labor Day than sipping coffee and watching the #71 of Dave Marcus lead a field of stockcars to the green, flanked by Morgan Sheppard.

Where's Dick Trickle when you need him? Reckon we'll have to settle for Dick Johnson...
Old 8 Sep 2010, 02:01 (Ref:2756005)   #4
adrenalinmatt1
Rookie

haha glad that you enjoy it mate!

Part 6 is uploaded!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1MeIPG92n0
Old 8 Sep 2010, 03:50 (Ref:2756025)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rick Wilson... There's a name I haven't heard in a minute. Remember how advanced the new Grand Prix looked when it came out? LOL... cutting edge.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 04:53 (Ref:2756031)   #6
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, a race that is nearly as old as I am, i was born the 23rd of December that year....I intend on sitting down and watching this the whole way through, seeing as its a place I have spent much time at, but have never seen racing on.

Cheers
Old 8 Sep 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2756344)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Rick Wilson... There's a name I haven't heard in a minute. Remember how advanced the new Grand Prix looked when it came out? LOL... cutting edge.

And I like how GOOD those 88 Monte Carlos look, even with the bubble backs.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 05:53 (Ref:2756555)   #8
adrenalinmatt1
Rookie

Part 8 Finally uploaded took me 3 tries to upload this part every time it got to 95% It would stop uploading Third time lucky it uploaded!

Part 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp7wO1nmJaE

Part 9: NOTE: They say at the very start there is a Speedway going up in Brisbane and Sydney??? What ever happen to them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp7wO1nmJaE
Old 9 Sep 2010, 07:31 (Ref:2756584)   #9
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=adrenalinmatt1;2756555]

Part 9: NOTE: They say at the very start there is a Speedway going up in Brisbane and Sydney??? What ever happen to them?

I believe the Sydney proposal was for the clay based Parramatta Speedway at Clyde to get upgraded grandstands and lighting and gain a short oval asphalt track. Of course quite a few of the Aussie Nascar guys had run on the asphalt at Liverpool speedway in late models so there was a good support base for that kind of racing in Sydney.
I think they were going to run late models weekly over summer and have a few big nascar shows each year.
Even though it is an industrial area I think they had opposition from the council and the flat track around the banked clay oval was also used for trotting I believe.
I'm sure others will know more about why it never eventuated.