Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Mar 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3378154)   #576
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Caterham, like Force India, have gone black too. You know what they say. Once you go black....

Before.

After.

Looks good.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3378171)   #577
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
McLaren looks superb, as does the Williams. Maybe all the poor publicity the noses got earlier has made some of the teams concentrate harder on their livery!

Old 13 Mar 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3378183)   #578
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
McLaren looks superb, as does the Williams. Maybe all the poor publicity the noses got earlier has made some of the teams concentrate harder on their livery!

Now I agree.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3378188)   #579
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The caterham just looks like a new batch of nose sections that have arrived unpainted and the CNN Sticker added.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3378197)   #580
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw View Post
To me it looks amazing and I suppose their unique nose design screams Mclaren but the only team logo I can see is on it is on the front wing end plate...An understated and brilliant concept imo.

Also looks like they took a design cue from the Willians with that black and white stripe running the length of the car.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3378209)   #581
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
The caterham just looks like a new batch of nose sections that have arrived unpainted and the CNN Sticker added.
Probably saved a bit of money, with the nose unpainted.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3379641)   #582
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone seen any articles about the new steering wheels? The Mercedes seems to have a full colour TFT instead of the usual LEDs, where RBR have stuck with the minimalist wheel with dash mounted displays.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3379755)   #583
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The LCD displays are from McLaren Electronics (who supply the standard ECU) as far as I know. Several teams are running them.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3379764)   #584
S14
Racer

Ireland
Rocky Mountain Region, United States
S14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw View Post
I can't be the only one wishing there were some red in there.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 00:35 (Ref:3379885)   #585
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The LCD displays are from McLaren Electronics (who supply the standard ECU) as far as I know. Several teams are running them.
Correct. The teams that have confirmed they are using the new McLaren Applied Technologies PCU-8D display module for 2014 are:
  • McLaren
  • Mercedes
  • Ferrari
  • Toro Rosso
  • Suber
  • Marussia
Old 16 Mar 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3380008)   #586
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The had an in car of kimi at one point and I could swear his screen was completely blank. It may have been from the sun light/glare though.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:01 (Ref:3380246)   #587
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
The had an in car of kimi at one point and I could swear his screen was completely blank. It may have been from the sun light/glare though.
Was that before he went off?
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:12 (Ref:3380261)   #588
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Was that before he went off?
Not immediately, I don't even know if it was in the same session. But if the screen/electrics were playing up it may have had something to do with it. Looked like a driver error to me though.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:24 (Ref:3380268)   #589
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
But if the screen/electrics were playing up it may have had something to do with it. Looked like a driver error to me though.
The screen didn't go blank. The camera angle made the LCD screen look like it was blacked out.

And as for Kimi's crash, a lack of concentration to blame.

Kimi Raikkonen: “I didn't have any more time to do an extra lap so at the end of the lap I would have come in anyhow and was just playing around with the switches or something and just got a little bit of wheelspin and touched the wall. But the car is more or less OK, the front wing is damaged."
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3380411)   #590
mikuni
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
The screen didn't go blank. The camera angle made the LCD screen look like it was blacked out.
Thanks for clarifying. I did wonder if it was that, but the screens are usually much easier to see. During the race you could see everything, but it was cloudy so the lower light conditions must make a difference.

The McLarens look great out on track. I'm not a fan of the Mercedes sound track, so am already looking forward to the Honda engine where hopefully the car will have an engine note to match its racey look.