Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Apr 2005, 11:35 (Ref:1273212)   #1
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which European GP are you most looking forward to?

Well the first Fly away races have been and gone and we're heading back to Europe, so which 3 European Grand Prix are your favorites?

For me it has to be
1. Monaco
2. Silverstone
3. Spa

Funnily enough, the second two are in there mainly for the good races and on track action they have produced in the past, possibly a point some may say is usually lacking from the Monaco GP.

But Monaco is my favorite simply because of the sence of occasion you get just from watching on TV, it's the Jewel in the Crown as they say.
It may be a procession, but there's often an unusual race winner which makes up for it in my book!

So what are yours?
Old 8 Apr 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1273226)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spa ofcourse!
Old 8 Apr 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1273263)   #3
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa
Silvertone (because im going to it )
Monaco
Old 8 Apr 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1273268)   #4
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa is the greatest in my book, but my top 3 would also include Turkey for the novelty value and Monaco for the heritage, although it won't be quite the same without Rainier.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1273269)   #5
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spa
Monza

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Apr 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1273278)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa, Monaco, Monza.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1273280)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spa- 95 % of the time produces a great race.
Silverstone- Ditto
Monaco- because it is so un-predictable and anything can happen.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1273287)   #8
Flying Fin
Rookie

United Kingdom
Doncaster Lad
Flying Fin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agreed monaco as its just one of the ultimate occasions of the f1 season. spain is another one that tickles my fancy oh and monza. Cant wait for monza either to see how the new ferrari goes down to the passionate home fans. The team is taking a little bit of stick in the media at the mo and it would be interesting to see what happens if the team doesnt perform in the country where the legend was created. But back to the point for me:
1. Monaco
2. Spain
3. Spa- love it!!
Old 8 Apr 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1273301)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Monaco - the glamour
Hockenheim - always excellent action
Spa - of course!
Old 8 Apr 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1273314)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Spa-Francochamps every time!

Monaco is always nice in a gimmicky kind of way.

Least favorite: Imola, terrible circuit.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1273322)   #11
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco, Silverstone and Spa, in chronological order
Old 8 Apr 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1273369)   #12
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco.

Nothing comes close, watching the cars jostle for position down to turn one is one of the greatest sights in motorsports.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1273401)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Easy - Silverstone, if only because i'm going! Lads weekend, motor racing and what could top that? *

* Yes, i know, a woman to "frollock" with, but the bread knife won't let me
Old 8 Apr 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1273507)   #14
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'V' Are you treating 'T' to a few nights under canvass with a slap up burger meal then?

For me it has to be Monaco as well and I like Barcelona too.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1273508)   #15
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Monaco?!? If you guys like that I've got some paint that you can watch dry.

As long as there's good action, then I don't have any substantial preferences beyond Spa.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1273524)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Monaco, yes! The site and sound. A fabulously stupid place to drive a GP car, let alone race one there close to 19 others!

Not only is it different to other circuits, but it highlights the beauty and performance of the cars and the skills of the drivers. Amazing and allows you to see many different aspect of F1.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1273525)   #17
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
monza. even though the circuit isn't a patch on what it once was. there's more history wrapped up in that place than anywhere else, except for indianapolis.
then it's spa francochamps, and even though the modern circuit at the nurburgring is junk at least the old track is brooding right next door to it. i have the vain hope that one year the f1 cars will turn onto it by mistake and decide to race there instead.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 18:47 (Ref:1273558)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most looking forward to Silverstone because I'll be going down with my best mate. Can't wait, last year was sensational.......hopefully the championship battle will be titanic when we get to that race!

Looking forward to monaco, if only because it is different. It is never the best of races, but it is interesting to watch the drivers flirting with the armco all the time......shame about the re-worked Ste-Devote, swimming pool and Rascasse but ho-hum.......

Spa and Monza will be good as ever. And Turkey will be something new.

Also Spain should be electric this year for obvious reasons....
Old 8 Apr 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1273563)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Also Spain should be electric this year for obvious reasons....
That is a good point, that will be fun for any fan to experience the atmosphere.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1273612)   #20
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Imola, Monza, Monaco, Spa and possibly also Silverstone

Just because they're the classic racetracks on the calender, the sort of tracks you look forward to because of the history and frequently the good racing.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1273632)   #21
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco .......... because you can get so close to the action.

I stood in the corner of a stand once (exit of the swimming pool,2001) and looked right down into the cars as they went around a corner.......they were about 12-18ft away from me.

Absolutely awesome and something i will never forget

The location,glamour and odd famous face help's as well.

Last edited by Fantasy GP610; 8 Apr 2005 at 20:13.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1273646)   #22
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
Sounds like you need to go there Snrub.

We were in K stand in front of the harbour and swimming pool complex - like Fantasy - have to say it was an experience I will never forget with the noise echoing off the buildings behind - oh and Schumy driving past on three wheels.

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 8 Apr 2005 at 20:43.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1273658)   #23
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
Hmmm, I find this statement funny coming from a guy that roots for a street course series named OWRS...

For me it has to be Monza. Long straight-aways, sweeping high speed corners, and all those crazy Italian fans! Someday I'll make it there.

Danica Patrick
Old 8 Apr 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1273659)   #24
Paarma
Racer

Finland
Europe
Paarma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Spa
Great circuit. THE F1 event of the year.
2. Monza
A true power circuit, it's a sort of benchmark.
3. Monaco
There's just something about the race which makes it look extremely good. Instead of having large green areas as background you have houses with windows, doors, plants etc...it gives you a much better picture just how fast those cars are going especially taking into consideration that it is a 'slow' GP.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1273682)   #25
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's one thing if you're going to Monaco, it's another if you're watching it on TV! Monaco has an interesting layout from a one lap perspective, but it's not interesting to watch a whole race. Champ Car has mercifully had it's one street course where passing is impossible eliminated from the schedule (which I was equally as critical of), so I'm confused as to why someone can't distinguish the difference. Oh and the majority of races are not on street circuits, only 6 are.

Last edited by Snrub; 8 Apr 2005 at 21:52.