Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 28 May 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2470726)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC's Lydden Hill 25 July now with TV coverage

This Classic Touring Car Racing Club run event is now shaping up very nicely. It has just been announced the club has secured TV coverage for the meeting to be broadcast on Sky TV Men and Motors, Motors TV and terrestrial Channel 5 so what better way to get your car onto TV and reach an audience of thousands (now I really must build an engine that will hold together!)

Apart from all the usual CTCRC championship races, there will be a race specifically for the Ford Boss boys and an extra two none championship open Saloon and Sports Car races open to none members and a wide variety of cars (two races for just £220) so a good chance to get your face on TV. Places will be limited so early entry is advised to avoid disappointment, all details here: http://www.classictouringcars.com/pa...ydden_2009.asp
Old 28 May 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2471112)   #2
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also delighted to announce I'm there taking photos that day aswell
Old 28 May 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2471121)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Look forward to meeting you Jon, I am aiming to get the IROC out.
Old 28 May 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2471122)   #4
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent Al! Be nice to meet you!
Old 28 May 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2471146)   #5
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll try to be there as well, but have to weigh things up: either CTCRC at Lydden or the 24 hours at Spa.

Tough choice methinks.
Old 28 May 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2471147)   #6
nik
Rookie

Switzerland
Kent
nik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that sounds good, and its a day after my 21st !
Old 28 May 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2471157)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
I'll try to be there as well, but have to weigh things up: either CTCRC at Lydden or the 24 hours at Spa.

Tough choice methinks.
No contest, has to be Lydden! Well at least if you dont make it Eddy you should be able to catch it on TV.
Old 28 May 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2471185)   #8
Andrew Busby
Rookie

Andrew Busby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds great Al; definitely on for Lydden
Old 29 May 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2471507)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Get yer entry in quick and save a fiver and if you dont want it donate it to the marshals fund.
Old 29 May 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2471729)   #10
womble148
Rookie

womble148 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good just read all the info on CTCRC web site so i will definately be putting an entry in.Hope i get to see myself on telly aswell
Old 29 May 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2471786)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Look forward to seeing you there.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2473531)   #12
womble148
Rookie

Anybody else out there going or is it to early yet?
Old 1 Jun 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2473568)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I spoke with Pete Edwards today who is organising it and the entries are coming in nice and steady and we are confident this is going to be a good meeting. Pleasantly surprised how many people are donating the fiver saved for early entry to the marshal's pot as well. BTW the deadline for the discount is entries received by 3rd June so be quick. BTW I believe the club will be putting on a Barby Friday night for all entrants and their guests but I will need to confirm that.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2474595)   #14
nik
Rookie

Switzerland
Kent
nik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my entry form was sent of the other day
Old 3 Jun 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2474648)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Mine too plus I thought I had better donate me discount to the marshals as chances are i will need their help again! :-( Incidently the club will need marshals at this meeting if any are reading this and you know you always get yer doughnuts and any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)
Old 4 Jun 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2475267)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
You can now enter and pay for this event online. http://classictouringcars.com/online/
Old 8 Jun 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2477739)   #17
womble148
Rookie

Put my entry in today,looks a good meating and i was told filling up quickly
Old 9 Jun 2009, 07:01 (Ref:2478156)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well done Womble, what are you out in?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2478226)   #19
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will the television coverage be happening next year?
as me and my dad would love to get our car on T.V next year when we race.
thanks in advance.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2478268)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Dunno if the club are even doing a meeting there next year, its too far ahead lets get this season out the way first. I guess it will depend on the success of this one although I must say its looking good at the moment. The TV deal has been negotiated by the club (Classic Touring Car Racing Club) who are organising the meeting, this has nothing to do with the track owners or BARC etc. Come on down anyhow as a prospective member I am sure you and dad will be made most welcome.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2479229)   #21
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by womble148 View Post
Put my entry in today,looks a good meating and i was told filling up quickly

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people packing some meat. I think that's what they call a good weekend with like minded friends.

Very entertaining.

S.
p.s Re: Moody accounts & subterfuge to keep things "topped up" the forum, as Smithers once said to Mr Burns; "You just don't put the effort into your schemes that you used to."..
Old 10 Jun 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2479231)   #22
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Dunno if the club are even doing a meeting there next year, its too far ahead lets get this season out the way first. I guess it will depend on the success of this one although I must say its looking good at the moment. The TV deal has been negotiated by the club (Classic Touring Car Racing Club) who are organising the meeting, this has nothing to do with the track owners or BARC etc. Come on down anyhow as a prospective member I am sure you and dad will be made most welcome.
Full price TV coverage is very expensive, very very expensive. Lydden as a circuit is naturally more readily covered with cameras than say Oulton, but even so it'll be a fair whack..

TTRS have had a couple of meetings filmed this year for Motors/Men and Motors whoever it is, but sponsors settled the account for them subsidised with a whip round.

It's nice in some ways (vanity), but ultimately only you, your friends, and your Mum will be watching..

S.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2479287)   #23
Andrew Busby
Rookie

Andrew Busby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
That's excellent Al; big up for the CTCRC to negotiate this - presumably through their series sponsors (?) and therefore without having to resort to asking the drivers to put their hands in their pockets.

If you don't mind another bleedin' BMW out there my entry is going in tonight
Old 10 Jun 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2479336)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No charge to the drivers Andy, see you down there.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2479349)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy View Post
Full price TV coverage is very expensive, very very expensive. Lydden as a circuit is naturally more readily covered with cameras than say Oulton, but even so it'll be a fair whack..

TTRS have had a couple of meetings filmed this year for Motors/Men and Motors whoever it is, but sponsors settled the account for them subsidised with a whip round.

It's nice in some ways (vanity), but ultimately only you, your friends, and your Mum will be watching..

S.
Really, and how do you know this for a fact? I often watch a bit of racing on TV and I know none of the drivers involved and would watch more if they would show it as it beats football any day. I thought the Historic GT racing series made excellent viewing, I even have the CD at home.