Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 May 2004, 18:13 (Ref:985329)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Audi UK and Channel 4 Team Up

This very interesting Press Release has just dropped into my mail box
Quote:
twofourtv TO GO BEHIND THE SCENES AT LE MANS FOR CHANNEL 4

Channel 4 Sport has commissioned independent production company, twofourtv, to make a 5 x 30’ series that will follow the fortunes of Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx as they contest this year’s inaugural Le Mans Endurance series. The series will be broadcast in September and Audi UK have agreed to allow the crew unprecedented access to the drivers and the race team as they push themselves to the limits in their bid to lift the trophy in September.

The sports car community is buzzing with excitement at the prospect of racing in the completely new Le Mans Endurance Series. The Le Mans 24-hour race will remain the centrepiece of the season, but teams will also contest four 1000km races at the classic European circuits of Monza, Nürburging, Silverstone and Spa. Audi UK in conjunction with Veloqx Motorsport, has put together a very strong driver line up for its two-car team which includes two former F1 drivers, Johnny Herbert and Allan McNish, last year’s Le Mans winner Guy Smith, triple Le Mans winner Frank Biela and the younger pair of Pierre Kaffer and Jamie Davies.

The inclusion of British stars Herbert and McNish has already attracted considerable media interest and Audi UK’s motor sport manager David Ingram added; “We are delighted to be able to work with Channel 4 on this. People tend to think motor racing is all about the car and the drivers, but there is so much more to it than that and it is great for us to be able to present that side of the story to Channel 4’s audience.”

“The series will provide viewers with an exclusive insight into what makes a race team tick,” says series producer Hannah Caven “It’s all about the special team atmosphere that endurance racing creates and that includes the part played by the fans. Having covered Audi Sport UK’s Le Mans challenge last year, we can draw on our experience to show something beyond the racing itself.”

The team have already had a winning start to the season with a triumphant 1st and 3rd at the prestigious 12-hours of Sebring in Florida and 1st and 2nd at the first race on the series in Monza. The excitement is now building for the Le Mans 24-hour race, which is the single biggest British motoring event of the year with more people travelling to France for the weekend than attend the British Grand Prix. Provisionally scheduled for transmission on consecutive weekends in September, the series is bound to provide a very special account of sports car racing from the team’s perspective.
Now that is good news anything to raise the profile of Sportscar Racing to the general public is good news in my book
Old 27 May 2004, 18:17 (Ref:985334)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Veloqx had a similar deal with Sky TV last year called Ferrari Racing covering the teams 360s and 550s in FIA GT, ALMS, Le Mans.

Certainly great news, and will help increase sportscar racings profile.
Old 28 May 2004, 14:51 (Ref:986358)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I knew about this when I paid my visit to Audi UK. Slipped my mind though........
Old 28 May 2004, 15:12 (Ref:986384)   #4
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Twofour worked for Audi last year and produced a great DVD of their efforts (even if they did come to a premature end) Our group have their two minutes of fame featuring in it when they did some filming around the campsites.
Old 28 May 2004, 16:01 (Ref:986439)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this DVD available somewhere?
Old 28 May 2004, 17:13 (Ref:986496)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jpchenet
Twofour worked for Audi last year and produced a great DVD of their efforts (even if they did come to a premature end) Our group have their two minutes of fame featuring in it when they did some filming around the campsites.
Would be great if the DVD was available on general sale.

Just found the DVD is on sale here:-

http://www.twofour.co.uk/broadcast/dvd_sales.asp

Are there any other sportscar DVDs on sale that have been prodiuced for teams/manufactuers etc. Didn't RFH have a DVD produced for sponsors?

Last edited by JAG; 28 May 2004 at 17:16.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 11:04 (Ref:990143)   #7
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You beat me to it JAG

If anyone does buy it and there is a section to add a comment, please let them know I recommended you! I've got quite a good rapport going with them at the moment!

Last edited by jpchenet; 1 Jun 2004 at 11:06.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 11:22 (Ref:990165)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're doing the same with Champion Audi and Petersen/White Lightning, although we won't be making a movie. And we will be on line during the race with everything we find out, not in September.

I'll be interested to see how they do it, if we ever do get to see it....
Old 29 Jun 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1020543)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just spoted this link about this program on another forum:- http://www.channel4.com/4car/feature/lemans/index.html it is well worth a look loads of good information.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1020643)   #10
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by jpchenet
You beat me to it JAG

If anyone does buy it and there is a section to add a comment, please let them know I recommended you! I've got quite a good rapport going with them at the moment!
I was sent a copy of the video by David Ingram of Audi Sport UK last year, as our post (106) at Le Mans looked after the car for 22 hours!

The film itself is very good, covering the winter testing, Sebring and then Le Mans itself, from the high of qualifying to the low of the realisation the team was out, and the subsequent anguish.

Therefore i would certainly recommend it.

Steve
Old 30 Jun 2004, 08:16 (Ref:1021083)   #11
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also knew about this and will certainly be in the background on some if not many of the shots... Had slipped my mind also, but now looking forward to seeing it.