Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3226789)   #26
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
Some of you may know already but you can follow the practice times on the BTCC mobile app. Don't know what the (S2) next to Tordoff's name means though
And kayes transponder battery is low.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3226791)   #27
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Qualifying is due to be streamed live here later this afternoon. Between now and then you can see the TSL timings.
Not in continental Europe though

FP1 has started, glad I'm going to Donington to be honest, it's terribly cold at Brands: 1.4C at the moment.
I hope you'll have better weather in three weeks time.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3226795)   #28
myfrontpage
Rookie

myfrontpage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hopefully shaping up to be not just a great opening round, but potentially a great season. So many great looking cars too this year.

Wonder how much the cold weather will be a factor?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3226799)   #29
Apex Predator
Rookie

Wales
Apex Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
And kayes transponder battery is low.
Goff's transponder has been incorrectly fitted. Perhaps that's why he's only done a 14 minute lap
Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3226804)   #30
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Goff's transponder has been incorrectly fitted. Perhaps that's why he's only done a 14 minute lap
I thought maybe he had driven back to the workshop.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3226818)   #31
markreeves
Racer

England
Hull
markreeves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Not in continental Europe though
If you put http://www.itv.com/btcc/live/ in a proxy site it should work as It won't be able to pick up your not in the UK.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3226828)   #32
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom onslow cole used fp1 as a shakedown. Came out about half way through and put in a few laps just to get some mileage. It looked a bit tail happy, he was definitely showing off on the in lap.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3226830)   #33
Sjoestrem
Rookie

Poland
Szubin
Sjoestrem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Qualifying is due to be streamed live here later this afternoon. Between now and then you can see the TSL timings.
Only in the UK why
Old 30 Mar 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3226831)   #34
Sjoestrem
Rookie

Poland
Szubin
Quote:
Originally Posted by markreeves View Post
If you put http://www.itv.com/btcc/live/ in a proxy site it should work as It won't be able to pick up your not in the UK.
proxy site ?? I don't understand
Old 30 Mar 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3226833)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Passat is a nice looking touring car.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3226837)   #36
markreeves
Racer

England
Hull
markreeves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoestrem View Post
proxy site ?? I don't understand
A proxy site is basicly a website which hides your IP address when on the Internet, example: http://www.hidemyass.com/

I've used it to watch football and YouTube videos not available in uk, don't know whether it will work for Btcc but you might as well try it. It also works when you've run out if views on Autosport
Old 30 Mar 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3226842)   #37
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The Passat is a nice looking touring car.
It's a classy looking car. Can't help but think it's a bit too big though. Would be interested to know it's weight in comparison with the other cars.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3226841)   #38
Sjoestrem
Rookie

Poland
Szubin
oo Thank you very much I must try it
Old 30 Mar 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3226866)   #39
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to be again the usual Honda-Plato status quo and Lea Wood dominating Jack Sears as Yvan Muller the WTCC
Old 30 Mar 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3226867)   #40
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Methinks the Airbase Fords are sandbagging a bit.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3226873)   #41
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With so many competitive cars, making the top 15 will be a good thing, never mind the top 5 or 10. I wonder if 888 and Dynamics will regret not sticking a third car out there before long, to help JP and Flash/Neal. All it takes is a duff qually or race 1 and the weekend would be effectively written off, and thats a huge margin of points to recover.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3226884)   #42
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got a ticket or 2 they want to sell? If so pm me.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3226885)   #43
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
With so many competitive cars, making the top 15 will be a good thing, never mind the top 5 or 10. I wonder if 888 and Dynamics will regret not sticking a third car out there before long, to help JP and Flash/Neal. All it takes is a duff qually or race 1 and the weekend would be effectively written off, and thats a huge margin of points to recover.
I think they'd have third cars out there in a heartbeat if a driver with funding came along.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3226892)   #44
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think they'd have third cars out there in a heartbeat if a driver with funding came along.
then why didn't guys who have some money like Goff, TOC, Bratt etc go there ? do they as for far more money ?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3226895)   #45
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Obvious answer, a seat in an MG or Civic with championship willing teams costs 25-100% more than an Insignia or A4 with a fairly new team?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3226897)   #46
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
then why didn't guys who have some money like Goff, TOC, Bratt etc go there ? do they as for far more money ?
Is there still a limit on 2 scoring places per team? If so, it wouldn't make sense for someone like those mentioned to pay for a seat if they can't win anything?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3226911)   #47
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is there still a limit on 2 scoring places per team? If so, it wouldn't make sense for someone like those mentioned to pay for a seat if they can't win anything?
Yes and no.

The driver themselves will always score points towards the driver championship, but only a nominated two cars per team would score towards the manufacturers or teams championship, not sure which one or even if they dont score for both.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3226917)   #48
Apex Predator
Rookie

Wales
Apex Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How's everyone's viewing going on the ITV player? Mine's stuttering so much it's almost unviewable. I had this problem during some of the qualifying sessions last year, but not as bad as this. It's happening on both my laptop and my phone. Is it to do with the devices, my router or the player?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3226919)   #49
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How's everyone's viewing going on the ITV player? Mine's stuttering so much it's almost unviewable. I had this problem during some of the qualifying sessions last year, but not as bad as this. It's happening on both my laptop and my phone. Is it to do with the devices, my router or the player?
All fine here - which is more than can be said for Turkington and Goff's cars
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3226921)   #50
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Simple really. Tony Gilham has been able to offer his drivers a subsidised drive, 888 and Dynamics wouldn't be able to do that, it'd be 100% driver funding.

Quote:
It's stuttering for me too. I was wondering if it was my rubbish broadband connection, but perhaps not!