Old 16 Aug 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4172989)   #1
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hockenheim spectating/photography

Hi,
There is a possibility that I might be able to make the GTWC Sprint race at Hockenheim at the end of August.
Was just wondering if anybody on here has recent experience of the place.
I have read the notes on the circuit website and it appears that it is a bit limiting at to what gear you are allowed to take in in terms of lens size and no monopods (really?) - is this the real case or just for any F1 race that may or may not take place there?
Also, what's the view like from around the circuit away from the grandstands - can you get close to the fences or up above them on any banking.

Really would appreciate any guidance that anyone may have .....
Old 16 Aug 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4172995)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve only ever been there once. I was passing through and stopped to watch the DTM practice and qualifying many years ago. So I am limited in what I can tell you. Here it is:

The view from the grandstands in the arena is pretty good. I was at the entry into the last corner. There is a drag stop in the way. You’ll want a decentish lens from there. I liked it you could see the cars for a bit.

Now some speculation. Most of the viewing is from grandstands, maybe this is the reason why camera equipment is limited. It would be a nightmare if loads of people had monopods and big lenses?
Old 17 Aug 2023, 16:45 (Ref:4173116)   #3
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info Adam ......
Understand the issue with kit and grandstands but I was wondering how much is viewable from GA rather than the stands .......
Also, are all the stands likely to be open ..... or do they 'do a Silverstone' and open the most inappropriate ones only!