Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3261489)   #1701
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The front looks completely different from that angle.

I agree that there is some resemblence with the Lister Storm LMP Hybrid:
i was thinking about this thing rather:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/1...orm-LMP_1.html
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3261491)   #1702
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Must say im not overly impressed , but this is only the test hack , lots unknown , rear end , engine and more to be sure .

Horrific color scheme ..... but this may also hide some finer detailing which might be more aparant if it was just black .
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3261493)   #1703
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss View Post
i was thinking about this thing rather:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/1...orm-LMP_1.html
What a horrible thought you had!

...but I can see why you had the thought.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3261499)   #1704
Tim240z
Rookie

United States
Tim240z should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of R18 DNA in it from the looks of it. IMO that doesn't bode well for having Audi back with a new car.

I'm totally missing any resemblance to the RS Spyder.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3261513)   #1705
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wasn't expecting this pictures when I woke up this morning
Hard to tell with that sort of cammo livery, but I think it looks great...

This news made my day
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3261514)   #1706
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apprently the rollout was ahead of schedule.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108045
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3261523)   #1707
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
NA V8?
No, not likely.
Apparently it is a very, very bold choice.
I suspect flat or V 4 or maybe V 6 with turbo.

Last edited by Spyderman; 12 Jun 2013 at 13:21.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3261526)   #1708
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
No, not likely.
I suspect flat 4 or maybe 6 with turbo.
Turbocharged flat-six? That would be a joyous blast from the past...
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3261528)   #1709
Tim240z
Rookie

United States
Rotaries like not having air restrictions... LMAO!!!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3261532)   #1710
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
I wasn't expecting this pictures when I woke up this morning
Hard to tell with that sort of cammo livery, but I think it looks great...

This news made my day
The livery is rather amusing, yes.

You wouldn't know it from the hypnotizing paint scheme and the bug eyes, but I honestly think with a decent livery on the car it'll look great. And I agree - I wasn't expecting to see real testing photos (never mind computer renders!) any time soon! Although, it simply doesn't compare to the Audi R18 e-tron quattro in my opinion.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3261535)   #1711
pmhaddad
Rookie

United States
Tampa, FL
pmhaddad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Apprently the rollout was ahead of schedule.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108045
This is exciting! So sad we won't see this thing racing in the US
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3261542)   #1712
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
I was expecting a design much more original, but like some have alluded to, they'll probably update the design several times before next year.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3261545)   #1713
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very glad to hear that it is ahead of schedule. Just to see another Porsche Proto makes me happy.
A joyous day in my book. I think I'm even more excited to see future developments. Here's to a year of flat-out testing to make this baby a 17th overall winner.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3261546)   #1714
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
I was expecting a design much more original, but like some have alluded to, they'll probably update the design several times before next year.
Initially, when I saw the photo, I thought it was an Audi with a weird livery.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3261552)   #1715
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Toyota TS030 looks like an entirely different car from its first iteration. Porsche aren't showing you this car because they think it will look like this, they're showing it to have something to show at this stage and to capitalise on the mid-June sportscar buzz to remind everyone they're coming back.

The car that turns up at the first WEC round will have four wheels, but everything else will probably change.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3261558)   #1716
Velociraptor
Racer

Croatia
Velociraptor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
No, not likely.
I suspect flat or V 4 or maybe V 6 with turbo.

An NA V8 would be more bold than any of that

It's probably going to be a turbo V6. Can't see them going for a 4 cylinder, I think it might be a bit too much for 4 cylinders to be competitive against diesels.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3261560)   #1717
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Gingers4Justice;3261552] Porsche aren't showing you this car because they think it will look like this, they're showing it to have something to show at this stage and to capitalise on the mid-June sportscar buzz to remind everyone they're coming back.

Precisely!
What better opportunity than to show it before the 24 hours. They have been hard at work for some time now reminding everyone that they are coming back.

This is just the beginning, and as such the car will evolve through a year of testing. The camo is there intentionally just as much as the Porsche badge and windscreen logo are.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3261562)   #1718
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim240z View Post
Lots of R18 DNA in it from the looks of it. IMO that doesn't bode well for having Audi back with a new car.
How many more times does it need to be said? Audi WILL race Porsche in 2014.

People at VWAG have long since said (several times) that it is no problem for two of their brands to be competing directly against each other, so I'm confused as to how people are STILL assuming that Audi won't be around at the end of this year.

They will. End of.

As for the Porsche - very excited. Love the looks of it. Already looks fast. Can't wait to see it in a proper livery.

This 12 months is going to drag, chaps.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3261563)   #1719
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its an absolutely gorgeous car, at least in front view.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3261567)   #1720
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Maybe it is an R18 mule being used to test the drivetrain and is not the full porsche chassis yet?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3261568)   #1721
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't understand the point of that camouflage. It doesn't really hide anything. You can still see all of the detail pretty well. I like the lines on the roof you can see a tall in part in the middle. The rear wing is interesting because it is only held up on the outside and from above by the fin, should lead to pretty clean airflow.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3261569)   #1722
Tim240z
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
How many more times does it need to be said? Audi WILL race Porsche in 2014.

People at VWAG have long since said (several times) that it is no problem for two of their brands to be competing directly against each other, so I'm confused as to how people are STILL assuming that Audi won't be around at the end of this year.

They will. End of.

As for the Porsche - very excited. Love the looks of it. Already looks fast. Can't wait to see it in a proper livery.

This 12 months is going to drag, chaps.

After thinking about it... and I even said this on one of the FB pics (not sure whos site) the front crash structure could be very R18 like due to the housing of hybrid FWD components. Being VWAG, I would assume they will use the same hybrid system.

Will the R18 be able to run next year? Or do they need a new car?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3261572)   #1723
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This news kind of puts a shadow over the upcoming 2013 race, just get over with this dull thing so we can have a real race in 2014!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:21 (Ref:3261575)   #1724
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The car that turns up at the first WEC round will have four wheels, but everything else will probably change.
...except for that crest on the nose.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3261578)   #1725
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nm

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller