Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Nov 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3327630)   #2976
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Render felt familiar... Autohedbo did Gulf couple of months ago:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2588

What's next, Rothmans?
A new 'Pink Pig' surely........
Old 5 Nov 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3327661)   #2977
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A new 'Pink Pig' surely........
The 'pig' part would fit with its two holes in the snout
Old 6 Nov 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3327764)   #2978
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Problem is that tobacco sponsorship is restricted in EU countries, and both tobacco and alcohol sponsorship is heavily restricted in France. I don't know where that would leave Martini & Rossi for LM aside from off the car.
Found something about this:

http://www.ias.org.uk/What-we-do/Pub...exception.aspx

Quote:
no advertising is allowed on television or in cinemas;

no sponsorship of cultural or sport events is permitted;

---

The Loi Evin had an important disruptive side effect in Europe concerning sport. Television retransmission of several international football matches was cancelled.

Moreover, the law made it impossible for the American brewer Anheuser Busch to sponsor the 1998 Football World Cup in France, in spite of heavy lobbying of the French government.

...since 1991 some articles of the law have been changed: advertising is again permitted on billboards everywhere (and not only on places of production) and even in sports grounds, but the ban on television transmission restrains this advertising for major events.
Are moving billboards (cars) covered by this?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3327781)   #2979
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Yes, they are.

Highcroft couldn't run the Patron sponsorship for that reason and I remember Porsche had to scrape off the Warsteiner stickers from their cars back in 1997 after first practice when the officials noticed it was an alcohol advertisement.

So a fully-fledged Martini car at Le Mans can't happen again. They can run the colors of course and everyone will recognize it, but they can't sport the logos.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3327857)   #2980
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Le Mans is on TV...
Old 6 Nov 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3327979)   #2981
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can the team name feature Martini?
So like "Porsche-Martini" and then the car just as the stripes?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3327986)   #2982
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Le Mans is on TV...
There's a difference between an ad made for tv and physical ad on a place. That's what I meant, altough both seem to be no-no on tv.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3328002)   #2983
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I recall Bruidladdich started selling bottled water so they could say the name on the car didn't promote scotch.

Anybody up for Martini and Rossi orange juice?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3328004)   #2984
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The cynic in me says that this article is just a cry for hits, but I'll humour it anyway and share it with you.

I absolutely would not say no to this!

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport...osprint/11483/

That's lovely! Let's hope for something similar to this.

Does anyone know approximately when the official livery should be released?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3328010)   #2985
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The cynic in me says that this article is just a cry for hits, but I'll humour it anyway and share it with you.

I absolutely would not say no to this!

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport...osprint/11483/

Martini is getting a tremendous amount of marketing exposure here without spending a single Euro!
Old 6 Nov 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3328027)   #2986
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Does anyone know approximately when the official livery should be released?
One possible date: Porsche's prize giving gala or whatever it is called is on 14 Dec.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3328033)   #2987
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Can the team name feature Martini?
So like "Porsche-Martini" and then the car just as the stripes?
It could be one word? Or perhaps an anagram?

I, Porsche Martin.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3328949)   #2988
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
About to ask a silly question about the 918.

It is not eligible for the GT classes is it? Because of the carbonfibre chassis?
And running it in LMP won't make much sense, if it could be done?

So to my reckoning the chances of the 918 running at Le Mans, besides as a pace-car or safety-car, are 0%.

Or am I missing something here, because there's "a guy" who's adamant that a 918 will be at Le Mans in 2014. A tech guy of the 918 project supposedly told him. I don't buy it. But who knows, he might be right?
Old 8 Nov 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3328950)   #2989
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche will inevitably do some parade laps between the support race and the cars lining up, as car manufacturers always do. Could your friend have misunderstood? I could see a 918 doing some parade laps on the Saturday, and in that case, he wouldn't be wrong.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3328961)   #2990
deggis
Veteran

Finland
If he is claiming in the actual race, never listen that guy again.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3328964)   #2991
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I won't, because he's not a friend of mine, and usually full of Bravo Sierra. Thx for confirming my thoughts as I was not 100% sure, just 99%.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3328986)   #2992
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depending upon your definition of "will be at Le Mans in 2014" in addition to the potential for parade laps (mentioned above) on the track itself, they could have one on static display somewhere and not even bring it on track. I am unfamiliar with what goes on in the infield at LeMans with respect to manufacture PR presence. Would Porsche have some type of hospitality tent? Do they do static displays at those with cars, etc.?

Richard
Old 8 Nov 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3328998)   #2993
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I think he misunderstood indeed. The McLaren P1 'was at Le Mans' this year too. (in the X-Box stand) Must be something similar.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3329023)   #2994
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm quite excited to see what Porsche bring to Le Mans and place in the village. Surely there will be a mouthwatering selection of machinery.

Hopefully they will bring some legendary driving talent along too.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3329047)   #2995
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I expect a lot of 917, 936, 956, 962 and 911 (GT1) machinery. And people like Ickx, Bell, Ludwig, Stuck, van Lennep, etc. etc.
Old 9 Nov 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3329232)   #2996
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I expect a lot of 917, 936, 956, 962 and 911 (GT1) machinery. And people like Ickx, Bell, Ludwig, Stuck, van Lennep, etc. etc.
I, like everyone else, hope they really make the best of their marketing options. I would love to see some of those drivers and also those cars.
Old 10 Nov 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3329683)   #2997
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
That would indeed be nice. I hope they'll also bring us some nice new merchandising for I could do with a couple of new clothing items...
Old 11 Nov 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3330182)   #2998
pedrocor
Rookie

Portugal
Braga, Portugal
pedrocor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's possible to have a 918 at Le Mans...
After all, the LMP1 remains unnamed...
:-)
Old 12 Nov 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3330293)   #2999
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
A video of the Porsche LMP1 at Paul Ricard
Old 12 Nov 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3330301)   #3000
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
A video of the Porsche LMP1 at Paul Ricard
I heard some wastegate/blow-off chatter.