Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3705320)   #126
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hooray! First quali session of the year underway!!!

Pondering cracking a beer.....

Must "work"
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:14 (Ref:3705321)   #127
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Yeah, cannot say I am surprised by the outcome ... IMSA is really risking losing its legitimacy before the new formula even starts.
How so? Only ONE Cadillac has beaten it's Roar time thus far, and not by a significant enough degree to prove they sandbagged at the Roar. The others probably just haven't pushed the cars yet(NOBODY else in Prototype has reached or exceeded their Roar times yet), true, but that's why I always look at qualifying rather than testing/practice - quali's when everyone's going to push unless a mechanical prevents it.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3705322)   #128
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Hooray! First quali session of the year underway!!!

i guess i don't know how to read a schedule, or i'm reading an old one because this started 20 minutes earlier than i thought!
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3705324)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
i guess i don't know how to read a schedule, or i'm reading an old one because this started 20 minutes earlier than i thought!
Does this mean I have 20 more minutes to pick my FRC choices?
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3705325)   #130
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Broadcast die for anyone else?

Edit: Came back two seconds after posting.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3705326)   #131
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Broadcast die for anyone else?

Edit: Came back two seconds after posting.
Using my tablet, which may be having issues, it came and went via IMSA.tv in Chrome.

The IMSA app is just worthless for android devices. WORTHLESS. Can't even get it started without crashing.

IMSA Tv on second computer is working perfect. *knocks on wood*
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3705327)   #132
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Does this mean I have 20 more minutes to pick my FRC choices?
You have up to the green flag on Saturday buddy!

And that is an epic setup for following the race!
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3705329)   #133
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Pondering no more.

Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3705330)   #134
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Using my tablet, which may be having issues, it came and went via IMSA.tv in Chrome.

The IMSA app is just worthless for android devices. WORTHLESS. Can't even get it started without crashing.

IMSA Tv on second computer is working perfect. *knocks on wood*
Android app coders seem to have been getting pretty lazy in the past couple of years. It's almost like they're expecting Windows mobile to take over. Admittedly, I've come to prefer Windows tablets, but when the day comes that I get a smartphone it'll probably still be Android - Windows just doesn't work for a phone, IMO, and what few (half-decent) Windows phones are still out there are far too pricey anyway.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3705331)   #135
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The Ferrari's are a lot quicker than the rest in GTD based on qualifying. Let's see if it's the Ford show in GTLM.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3705332)   #136
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
You have up to the green flag on Saturday buddy!

And that is an epic setup for following the race!
Wait, I can pick quali after quali? I need to re-read the rules like you need to re-read the schedule....
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3705334)   #137
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Android app coders seem to have been getting pretty lazy in the past couple of years. It's almost like they're expecting Windows mobile to take over. Admittedly, I've come to prefer Windows tablets, but when the day comes that I get a smartphone it'll probably still be Android - Windows just doesn't work for a phone, IMO, and what few (half-decent) Windows phones are still out there are far too pricey anyway.
Everything seems to work great on my android devices with the exception of the imsa app. It's garbage.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3705336)   #138
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Everything seems to work great on my android devices with the exception of the imsa app. It's garbage.
MOST other things you need on an Android device have enough options to choose form that you can avoid the bad ones, too. Before I switched to a Windows tablet, I had problems with almost everything for which I couldn't just grab a different app - even the WEC app gave me trouble half the time! (And don't get me started on the FS Go app)
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:42 (Ref:3705337)   #139
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The Ferrari's are a lot quicker than the rest in GTD based on qualifying. Let's see if it's the Ford show in GTLM.
I never read much into GTD qualifying because of the driver selection. The Ferrari teams decided to with their "A" driver. Looks like the Mercedes teams did not.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3705339)   #140
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I never read much into GTD qualifying because of the driver selection. The Ferrari teams decided to with their "A" driver. Looks like the Mercedes teams did not.
Not to mention that frankly 6/10ths of a second isn't QUITE as significant as one might think - it's significant, but it's within what the minutest of setup changes can overcome. It's a gap that's been easily overcome on numerous occasions in the past.

Personally I generally don't worry about the gaps until they're bumping up against a full second. That's when the sought after "unfair" advantage is likely to be the case.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3705340)   #141
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Porsche looks fat.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3705341)   #142
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Pla is off with slight damage it looks like...
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3705342)   #143
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
The Porsche looks fat.
Fat, or Fast?
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3705343)   #144
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Fat, or Fast?
Both.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3705344)   #145
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Fat, or Fast?
Porky.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3705345)   #146
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Fords sweep the top 3.

On the edge of my seat for PC quali!!
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3705346)   #147
pafe
Rookie

Germany
North-Germany
pafe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm Ford. I hoped to see some other manufacturer in the top 3.

Edit: And now to the PC Qualy
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3705347)   #148
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
A 1:43.4 from the Ford, that's a statement!
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3705348)   #149
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets see if the Ford's hold up for the race.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3705349)   #150
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffM3 View Post
Lets see if the Ford's hold up for the race.
I think they proved their 24 hour reliability last year at some point......

But in all seriousness, navigating the GTD cars will be a chore for everyone. Keeping it clean will be the toughest part of the race.