Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Feb 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3024595)   #1
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rebellion Racing

Rebellion to have an 'iconic' paint scheme this season according to Dagys.

Any ideas? Surely not Gulf...
Old 11 Feb 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3024598)   #2
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Black & Gold according to John Dagys... as in Lotus colors.

Maybe they´re running Lotus-badged Toyota engines
Old 11 Feb 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3024599)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

Unreal.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3024604)   #4
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Unreal.
Great, another lotus rebadge...
Old 11 Feb 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3024610)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Great, another lotus rebadge...
Damn you Lotus for not taking the good route back into motorsports!

Of course, I blame Dany Bahar.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 20:15 (Ref:3024613)   #6
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Rebellion already had an iconic livery, their red, white and gold has been unmissable for the last two years.

Sick of all these fake Lotai, at least a rebadged Toyota engine is in keeping with the Elise's heritage......
Old 11 Feb 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3024620)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

They won't be rebadging the engines.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3024636)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Rebellion already had an iconic livery, their red, white and gold has been unmissable for the last two years.
Completely agree. Might have been the best looking cars out there.

I want to hear some more details before laying into Lotus. A twitter exchange between our friend JAG and GG revealed they aren't bringing budget, facilities, engineers or responsible for Heidfeld's arrival.

Don't know what to think really.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 00:39 (Ref:3024677)   #9
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I want to hear some more details before laying into Lotus. A twitter exchange between our friend JAG and GG revealed they aren't bringing budget, facilities, engineers or responsible for Heidfeld's arrival.

Maybe it's tied in with Lotus badge-engineering a Rebellion timepiece instead?! Wish they weren't ditching the red, white and gold - a unique and attractive livery. The JPS black and gold was too, but now it's wearing out its welcome remarkably quickly. Thanks Dany Behar.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 04:13 (Ref:3024714)   #10
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Maybe it's tied in with Lotus badge-engineering a Rebellion timepiece instead?! Wish they weren't ditching the red, white and gold - a unique and attractive livery. The JPS black and gold was too, but now it's wearing out its welcome remarkably quickly. Thanks Dany Behar.
Providing it turns out to be true, this is a shame. The red/white/gold was pretty distinct amongst other runners in the field.

Idle speculation - perhaps they're trying to differentiate themselves (visually) from Toyota?
Old 12 Feb 2012, 04:31 (Ref:3024719)   #11
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus use Toyota engines don't they?
Old 12 Feb 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3024765)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rebellion Racing 2012 (and beyond)

Our discussions on Rebellion's activities have become rather diluted and spread over a number of threads. As a firm fan's favourite, I'm starting a dedicated thread. I'll move the initial 'Lotus' speculation posts across to get things started.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3024769)   #13
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
If Lotus rebadge Rebellion Im not going to be happy if the whole lot falls over and leaves the bills unpaid for this top privateer team. Makes you wonder though how Rebellion are supporting the team, I know there's money in watches but LMP money? ....
(I've transferred the above from one of rich07's posts in the 'rumours' thread)

Last edited by Bentley03; 12 Feb 2012 at 08:28.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3024772)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am not that bothered about the paint colour but this team has been good to us on ten=tenths and we all wish them the best, getting funding for this level of racing can't be easy and i for one will support them what ever they look like
Old 12 Feb 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3024786)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love the current colour scheme however I also believe that the old JPS colours were the best I've ever seen on a race car. Perhaps I'm more easily pleased than most......
Old 12 Feb 2012, 13:39 (Ref:3024861)   #16
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Providing it turns out to be true, this is a shame. The red/white/gold was pretty distinct amongst other runners in the field.

Idle speculation - perhaps they're trying to differentiate themselves (visually) from Toyota?
...by making themselves look like Kolles' 'Lotus' Lola LMP2...
http://www.seloc.org/2012/01/autospo...hip-programme/

This is getting mildly silly- we'll soon have half the grid painted black and gold, and the other half in Gulf colours...
Old 12 Feb 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3024863)   #17
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

So what are they bringing to the party- a pot of black paint and a couple of Lotus stickers?

Could it just be a case of Rebellion watches producing a branded watch for Lotus, as cmk suggested, and a livery change to promote that?
Old 12 Feb 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3024881)   #18
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
So what are they bringing to the party- a pot of black paint and a couple of Lotus stickers?

Could it just be a case of Rebellion watches producing a branded watch for Lotus, as cmk suggested, and a livery change to promote that?
It was mentioned in Autosport this week that Lotus were looking to step up to LMP1 with Rebellion rumoured. Didn't say anything about a watch deal. It could be a sponsorship deal similar to what MG did (are still doing?) with RLR but I find it kind of strange.

Maybe the thinking is more based around 'association' with motorsport, similar to what Bahar was dealing with at Red Bull. Meaning you don't actually have to build your own cars but if you create enough of a footprint through the motorsport world you register in people's minds as being synonymous with it.

It's not going to find any favour with traditional motorsport fans, but it could prove a cost-effective way of equalling what some manufacturers spend years testing and racing to achieve.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3024886)   #19
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a certain distance, I've always found Lotus' "combos" slightly confusing:
-There were F1s with various engine suppliers and iconic looks that changed with the cigarette brand du jour.
-And there were road cars that became Lotus because of some fiddling/tuning that was not quite apparent from the outside: Cortina, Omega. And of course the "proper" Lotus always used engine from other manufacturers, there was the 90's Elan that could have been badged as an Isuzu and there were various "engineered by Lotus" claims on cars like Hyundais.

So no, it's not new that the mark waters itself down. I just hope Rebellion profits from the deal.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3024939)   #20
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
It's a shame that if Lotus were going to dine out off their past glories they didn't pick this scheme for Rebellion.

http://blog.motorstv.co.uk/wp-conten...-028-Large.jpg
Old 12 Feb 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3024944)   #21
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
EDIT - Double post. Anyone else have real problems with the forum loading pages at the min?
Old 12 Feb 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3024954)   #22
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Wish they weren't ditching the red, white and gold - a unique and attractive livery.
Don't forget that Lotus did use red white and gold...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rebellion.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	36174

Perhaps Rebellion could use the Gold Leaf colours in some way.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3024957)   #23
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved the old livery, but if they were going for something a bit historical, how about the '98 TS020 livery?

Last edited by aneesh99; 12 Feb 2012 at 20:14.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3024986)   #24
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I love the current colour scheme however I also believe that the old JPS colours were the best I've ever seen on a race car. Perhaps I'm more easily pleased than most......
They were, but on a car that isn't sponsored by JPS or a company that uses the same colours it just seems fake to me.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3024987)   #25
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The above would be pure greatness IMO.

It only matters if it has a motor...