Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 25 Sep 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3309207)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2015 IndyCar schedule

Don't shoot the messenger! It's not my fault that I've started this thread. It's Robin Miller with some news:

Quote:
A quick survey by RACER has no fewer than four new players in the mix for an IndyCar race in 2015. Technically, it's two old friends (Elkhart Lake and Laguna Seca) and a pair of new venues (Circuit of The Americas in Austin and Providence, R.I.) that are taking a hard look.

"But I'm looking at a IndyCar/United SportsCar Championship double-header for 2015" - George Bruggenthies, president of Road America

“We've not come to any decisions but there is interest on both sides. We've always been interested in bringing Indy cars back here.” - Gill Campbell CEO and general manager of Laguna Seca

"The whole city and state is behind this and we are pretty far down the road with title and presenting sponsors" - Mark Perrone, president and general manager of the New England Prix

There aren't any ovals on the immediate horizon to be added to the IndyCar schedule. Phoenix, Chicago and Michigan would be candidates but only if it's good for both sides and that doesn't appear likely at the moment.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3309300)   #2
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel this probably traces back to the more immediate post-merger world, but here is my ideal 2015 schedule. Brazil is left off the calendar, assuming it can be a part of the winter series, should one develop.

1 Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston The Raceway at Reliant Park Houston, Texas (January)
2 Marvel Agents of Sheld 200 Walt Disney World Speedway Orlando, Florida (February)
3 Chevrolet Indy 200 Phoenix International Raceway Avondale, Arizona (February)
4 Honda Indy Birmingham Barber Motorsports Park Leeds, Alabama (March)
5 Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg Streets of St. Pete St. Petersberg, Florida (March)
6 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Streets of Long Beach Long Beach, California (April)
7 GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma Sonoma Raceway Sonoma, California (April)
8 Portland 200 Portland International Raceway Portland, Oregon (April/May)
9 Firestone 600 Texas Motor Speedway Ft. Worth, Texas (May)
10 99th Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Speedway, Indiana (May)
11 Milwaukee 200 Milwaukee Mile Milwaukee, Wisconsin (May/June)
12 Chevrolet Grand Prix of Detroit Presented by QuikenLoans The Raceway at Belle Isle Detroit, Michigan (June)
13 Iowa Corn Indy 200 Iowa Speedway Newton, Iowa (June)
14 Pocono 500 Pocono Raceway Long Pond, Pennsylvania (July)
15 Honda Indy Toronto Exhibition Place Toronto, Ontario (July)
16 Grand Prix of Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport Cleveland, Ohio (July)
17 Michigan 500 Michigan International Speedway Brooklyn, Michigan (August)
18 Road America 200 Road America Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin (August)
19 Honda Indy 200 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Lexington, Ohio (August)
20 Watkins Glen 200 Watkins Glen International Watkins Glen, New York (August/September)
21 New Hampshire Indy 200 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, New Hampshire (September)
22 Laguna Seca 200 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Monterey, California (September)
23 IndyCar Championship 400 Auto Club Speedway Fontana, California (September)

It is probably unreasonable, especially on the location and promoters at a couple of the ovals. But it's got a decent amount of ovals, and they are the right ovals for the formula. If Walt Disney World and New Hampshire aren't doable, perhaps Chicago can come back into the fold.

Start in the off-week between the Championship games and the Super Bowl, and finish in the middle of September on a Saturday night when the marquis college football season kick off match ups are in the rear-view mirror and the conference play has yet to begin.

My schedule also puts Milwaukee back where it belongs, brings back Watkins Glen and puts it on Labor Day Weekend to create the opportunity for a festival crowd and atmosphere and it puts about a month between the 6 Hours, stock car races, and the IndyCar weekend. Also, St. Pete gets to keep its spring break weekend which is valuable.

Chris
Old 30 Sep 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3311230)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2015's a long way off, so I'm not too sure about the relevance of this thread, just saying.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3311247)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isnt the Robin Miller article and the quotes from the proposed new venues your relevance?
Old 30 Sep 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3311249)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
You guys discuss the 2027 calendar if that is what you guys want. Me? I'm going to see where we are once we exit the winter before I join my fellow race fans in discussing 2015. I'm too nervous for the series to do anything else.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3311250)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Isnt the Robin Miller article and the quotes from the proposed new venues your relevance?
Don't think so. 2013 hasn't finished and there's 2014 with a load of TBCs. otherwise 2015 is mere speculation.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 00:59 (Ref:3311267)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Don't think so. 2013 hasn't finished and there's 2014 with a load of TBCs. otherwise 2015 is mere speculation.
I think the majority of what is discussed here is mere speculation.

The fact that you have circuit owners discussing 2015 with Indycar in press substantiates such a thread.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3311269)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I think the majority of what is discussed here is mere speculation.

The fact that you have circuit owners discussing 2015 with Indycar in press substantiates such a thread.
Let's see what happens in a year's time.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3317761)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Mark Perrone, the boss of the Providence race, is planning a August 7-9 date. It's Victory Day in Rhode Island, a holiday in tribute to World War II soldiers.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3317762)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
By the way, he's very optimistic about the reach of the race: "It would be televised to 270 countries worldwide"!!!
Old 14 Oct 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3317768)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Mark Perrone, the boss of the Providence race, is planning a August 7-9 date. It's Victory Day in Rhode Island, a holiday in tribute to World War II soldiers.
Yet another street race. It would really behoove IndyCar to look at how they sanction races and get traditional tracks like Road America and Laguna Seca back on the calendar.

I would really like to see some racing on a real road coarse.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3318888)   #12
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting a thread about 2015 schedule right now is quite justified. While the fans are in shock by apparently a stagnant 2014 schedule, there are rumors of big changes for 2015. See here:

http://www.racer.com/robin-miller-on...rticle/313150/
Old 17 Oct 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3318979)   #13
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Throw this back into the mix since it's been mentioned elsewhere already - the Toronto contract only goes through 2014, and the Pan Am games will be right on top of the track in July of 2015. I can't imagine any scenario in which the Toronto race could be in July, and I can't imagine it being dropped or skipped for a year, or moving venues... so I would guess a date change. Canadian Motor Speedway in Fort Erie might be a dark horse for an alternative location, but I can't see that happening either.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3318992)   #14
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
That's the link I put in the first post
Old 22 Mar 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3382991)   #15
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
IndyCar bosses are trying to do a race in Brazil in 2015.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3383286)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
IndyCar bosses are trying to do a race in Brazil in 2015.
This would be good posted on the IndyCar News & Rumours thread.

Let's hope it goes ahead, as IndyCar needs some form of international presence.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3383288)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I've created several threads like this, because that News & Rumours thread is too long and mixed up. I prefer more specific threads.

It's bound to be mixed up to a certain extent, because of the nature of the thread but everyone who has posted on it will get an e-mail notification of a new post, so that keeps the thread in context.

The only thing about starting too many other threads is duplication, just saying....

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 23 Mar 2014 at 13:49.
Old 28 Mar 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3385599)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The F1 Australia Grand Prix boss has threatened Bernie to drop it for IndyCar and save AU$ 40 million.

Quote:
Bernie is clearly in breach of his contract, because this is not what we bought. I didn’t buy a wimp ... I bought a giant with noise.

We may as well go and buy an IndyCar race for $3.5m. It would be hugely louder. It would be a drastic change to switch to IndyCar, but we cannot go on like this.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3386508)   #19
tandino
Rookie

tandino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The F1 Australia Grand Prix boss has threatened Bernie to drop it for IndyCar and save AU$ 40 million.
As great as this would be, ultimatly it's just politics and not much else. The F1 contract ends in 2015, the Victorian Government are trying to get a better deal, the public are jumping up and down about the price of holding the Grand Prix and it's an Election year.

Seems like everybody's trying to turn the screw on Bernie about pretty much everything at the moment, no doubt motivated by his current issues.
Old 31 Mar 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3387058)   #20
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that Indycar is competitive enough to be used as leverage in a major market is favourable news for this series though
Old 31 Mar 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3387114)   #21
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
That's my thoughts too. If he had said "Bernies, give us a break or we will run A1GP", everyone would have laughed. Not so with IndyCar this year.
Old 4 May 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3402042)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
According to AP sources, IndyCar will announce a race in the New Orleans road course tomorrow.
Old 4 May 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3402084)   #23
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to this AP article it will be held here (the 2.75 mile north course will be used).

Old 4 May 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3402164)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A very intereresting development. Nothing on the IndyCar website yet.
Old 5 May 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3402298)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The backstretch has one too many esses (like Sonoma). The final stretch until the chicane is too small for proper attacking and defensive moves.