Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 21 Dec 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3486900)   #1
Andy Johns
Racer

England
Salisbury
Andy Johns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC volunteering

The Thruxton Easter Classic meeting has been omitted from the availability form that Paula emailed on Friday. So don't be putting yourself down for Brands BTCC on April 4th & 5th if you actually want to be at Thruxton. It is present in the online system.
Old 21 Dec 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3486925)   #2
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Johns View Post
The Thruxton Easter Classic meeting has been omitted from the availability form that Paula emailed on Friday. So don't be putting yourself down for Brands BTCC on April 4th & 5th if you actually want to be at Thruxton. It is present in the online system.
Thanks for that.

I haven't actually received the 'snail-mail', but it's no problem as I always volunteer on-line [yes, me, a pensioner! ]

But don't care.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3487705)   #3
Tim Neill
Rookie

United Kingdom
Tunbridge Wells
Tim Neill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that the brand new BMMC volunteering system is going to be loaded with all event dates, to enable its members to manage all of their 2015 meetings from a single screen, online.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3487725)   #4
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Neill View Post
Don't forget that the brand new BMMC volunteering system is going to be loaded with all event dates, to enable its members to manage all of their 2015 meetings from a single screen, online.
That's all very well, but I was told I need to register, and the email address I used wasn't recognised so I put in my membership details and was then advised that an email has been sent .........

.... somewhere at the moment nothing has yet arrived at any of my regular email addresses!

Now what?

But don't care.
Old 26 Dec 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3488009)   #5
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Neill View Post
Not sure how it copes with clubs who use their own online system... I'm sure all will become clear or perhaps someone from the north who did the pilot can clarify
Old 27 Dec 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3488060)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deley View Post
Not sure how it copes with clubs who use their own online system... I'm sure all will become clear or perhaps someone from the north who did the pilot can clarify

The pilot that ran in the north was, to all intents & purposes, an electronic version of the long-established North West Region volunteering system, which covered all meetings at Oulton & Anglesey, irrespective of organising club.

I don't know the mechanics of the system, but I'm almost 100% (no, make that 100%) sure that there is, at the present state of the art, no link between the BMMC & other clubs' databases. That will only happen, I suspect, when or if the MSA gets involved; maybe a case of "watch this space"? On that basis, it should be considered an either/or system - as long as you only volunteer once you'll be fine.

Details are passed on to the organising clubs a few weeks before the meeting, at which point the "cancel" function on the BMMC system will not be available - if you wish to cancel after that date you will have to contact the chief marshal for the event, whose details will be included in the relevant listing.

Those of us who've been used to the NW system, both in its paper & electronic versions, appreciate the convenience of a "one-stop" volunteering system; now it's gone national it will be even better. It's a good system, quick & simple to use & it works well. Just check the "volunteer" box for the meeting you wish to volunteer for, check "duty" . . . that's it, job done! Should circumstances change you can just go back & cancel, subject to the proviso mentioned above.

Last edited by Dave Brand; 27 Dec 2014 at 10:21.
Old 27 Dec 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3488092)   #7
Bagsy
Rookie

England
whetstone,leicestershire
Bagsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
myself am a bit dubious wether this thing is gonna work, I've tried logging onto the BMMC site, not recognised by my email, my membership number is, but they send an email with new details, but if my email is not recognised the email they send is going to an email address that I don't have, yipydoo
Old 27 Dec 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3488101)   #8
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagsy View Post
myself am a bit dubious wether this thing is gonna work, I've tried logging onto the BMMC site, not recognised by my email, my membership number is, but they send an email with new details, but if my email is not recognised the email they send is going to an email address that I don't have, yipydoo
Yep, same as me. I suspect that the address that BMMC have is my old work email, to which I now have no access

So now what?

But don't care.
Old 27 Dec 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3488108)   #9
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagsy View Post
Firstly, it's worked extremely well in the North West for a year or so now; any reason, therefore, why it shouldn't work nationally?

It appears from what you're saying that the your email address on the BMMC database isn't your current one; you need to get that updated before continuing with your account set-up. I'm not sure who you should contact to do that - no doubt somebody will be able to point you in the right direction.

Same applies to everybody: if your email address isn't recognised make sure that your details are up to date before continuing!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 27 Dec 2014 at 16:42.
Old 27 Dec 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3488113)   #10
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It appears from what you're saying that the your email address on the BMMC database isn't your current one; you need to get that updated before continuing with your account set-up. I'm not sure who you should contact to do that - no doubt somebody will be able to point you in the right direction.
Dave is quite right, if you have not received an email outlining the registration procedure, then please contact either myself or Dave reed ( Membership Secretary). BMMC Webamster or BMMC Membership Secreatry

This registration is not just for the new Volunteering system but the preferred method for updating your personal details held on the new members database. We transferred the information from the old to the new database wholesale, so if there was any info out of date then it remains so until members register and update their profile.

Contact us by email and quote your name and BMMC membership number, we will update your email address on the system allowing you to register.

Don't delay do it now.
Old 27 Dec 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3488126)   #11
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler View Post
please contact either myself or Dave reed ( Membership Secretary). BMMC Webamster or BMMC Membership Secreatry - Contact us by email and quote your name and BMMC membership number, we will update your email address on the system allowing you to register.
Hi Eric, thanks for that. Would you suggest a contact email address please as neither of your links (?) work

Thank you.

But don't care.
Old 27 Dec 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3488139)   #12
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
Hi Eric, thanks for that. Would you suggest a contact email address please as neither of your links (?) work
Go to the BMMC website, click on "contacts" & look for "National Webmaster" or "National Membership Secretary".

PS. Mods: may be worth pruning this thread to start a new one with BMMC volunteering system as its subject?
Old 27 Dec 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3488157)   #13
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Apologies all, should have gone to spellsavers

BMMC Webmaster

BMMC Membership Secretary

These should work
Old 28 Dec 2014, 15:06 (Ref:3488248)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
PS. Mods: may be worth pruning this thread to start a new one with BMMC volunteering system as its subject?
Since here's almost no discussion on the original subject I've just changed the title.

Any idea when any events will be loaded on to the system? At the moment it's just telling me no events. I actually want to get organised before the end of April this year!
Old 28 Dec 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3488263)   #15
thepits!
Veteran

England
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler View Post
Apologies all, should have gone to spellsavers

BMMC Webmaster

BMMC Membership Secretary

These should work
Hi Eric, thanks, email sent.

But don't care.
Old 28 Dec 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3488264)   #16
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yep, same as me. I suspect that the address that BMMC have is my old work email, to which I now have no access

So now what?
Tell them of the change????

Jim
Old 28 Dec 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3488266)   #17
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Tell them of the change???? Jim
May I refer my honourable friend to the previous post?

please do try and keep up.

But don't care.
Old 28 Dec 2014, 22:03 (Ref:3488297)   #18
Heardy1982
Rookie

Heardy1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be doing something wrong but is there anything on the BMMC website yet regarding volunteering for 2015. I have signed in no issues just no events showing yet??
Old 28 Dec 2014, 23:21 (Ref:3488316)   #19
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heardy1982 View Post
I might be doing something wrong but is there anything on the BMMC website yet regarding volunteering for 2015. I have signed in no issues just no events showing yet??
Be patient. The clubs haven't all published their fixtures yet; BMMC doesn't, as far as I know, have a crystal ball!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 28 Dec 2014 at 23:31.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 11:24 (Ref:3489157)   #20
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We hope to go live on the volunteering side at the end of January. In the meantime if all members can go on the database, register and ensure your details are correct we will get off to a good start.

Any problems contact Eric or Dave as in the previous post.

Bear with us as we introduce this new system, as with all IT projects we expect a few teething problems.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 08:59 (Ref:3490282)   #21
Beej1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stoubridge - West Mids
Beej1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in 2 minds about renewing with BMMC this year, nothing negative at all really, it just seemed we did a lot of BARC meetings this year so I was going to go down that road. However, the new online system was enough to swing it for me and membership has been paid! Brilliant idea, brilliant system (provided it works, which I'm sure it will) and will make life much easier, both to volunteer and to manage throughout the year!
Old 6 Jan 2015, 17:22 (Ref:3490381)   #22
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej1 View Post
I was in 2 minds about renewing with BMMC this year, nothing negative at all really, it just seemed we did a lot of BARC meetings this year so I was going to go down that road.
I have been a BMMC member since day one of marshalling as they have no affiliation to any organising club but are an independent club representing the Marshalling fraternity

I am also a BARC member, but only because it's free after the number of meeting I do for them each year

But don't care.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3490419)   #23
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej1 View Post
Brilliant idea, brilliant system (provided it works, which I'm sure it will) and will make life much easier, both to volunteer and to manage throughout the year!
It does work! Certainly made life a lot easier for me last year - a few weeks after doing my Oulton/Anglesey volunteering online, circumstances beyond my control left me unsure as to whether I would be able to marshal for much, if any, of the year. I spent a very sad few minutes cancelling all the meetings I'd volunteered for; when things returned to what passes for normal much more quickly than I expected I was able to spend a very happy few minutes re-volunteering. Much less hassle &confusion than would have resulted from having to do than under the old, manual system.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3490428)   #24
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm all signed up and ready to start - looks like it's going to be much easier than the previous system. One question though, if we volunteer directly with the organising club for an event do we still need to register separately for insurance on the BMMC site?
Old 7 Jan 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3490631)   #25
Beej1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stoubridge - West Mids
Beej1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have been a BMMC member since day one of marshalling as they have no affiliation to any organising club but are an independent club representing the Marshalling fraternity

I am also a BARC member, but only because it's free after the number of meeting I do for them each year
Being a member does give me a warm fuzzy feeling (which helps on the colder days!). I think the club is brilliant, without the 'taster days' I wouldn't be here at all, I was just considering options, joining a second club is definitely worth thinking about!