Old 25 Mar 2015, 07:52 (Ref:3519265)   #126
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post
Will the ability to add "Insurance only" to events that are now closed be enabled? The reason I ask is that I am marshalling at Goodwood this weekend for the 73rd members meeting and the database is now closed for these events. I have my tickets etc but am unable to inform BMMC of my insurance requirements via the database. (and yes, I know i could email BMMC but i'm sure that they do not want to be inundated with numerous emails from members informing the club of insurance requests) This would also be helpful for those people who volunteer to marshal at any event at a late stage.

Also, will we be able to add "insurance only" to events like the British F1 Grand Prix and Londons Formula E meeting as volunteering for both these events is done direct to the club only. This would obviously require both of these events to be added to the volunteering website and tweaking of the volunteering catagories for the events to show Insurance as the only volunteering catagory.
I would like to do insurance only for an event that's closed will that be enabled
Thanks for the good work you've done on this system
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3522234)   #127
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A potential enhancement to the system could for it to update when the Chief Marshal for the event has picked up volunteers.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 05:11 (Ref:3523966)   #128
Heardy1982
Rookie

Heardy1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got home from an event and looked at my e mails and received an e mail saying an event I had volunteered for had been cancelled. I was a bit concerned thinking it was for the next day. Double checked the event and date then realised it was for the event I had just been at. Will I get an email like this after every event I have done?? Just concerned that others might be like me and get the dates wrong and not turn up for an event which is still taking place or just see an email and ignore it and might actually be a cancelled event.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3524162)   #129
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heardy1982 View Post
I got home from an event and looked at my e mails and received an e mail saying an event I had volunteered for had been cancelled. I was a bit concerned thinking it was for the next day. Double checked the event and date then realised it was for the event I had just been at. Will I get an email like this after every event I have done?? Just concerned that others might be like me and get the dates wrong and not turn up for an event which is still taking place or just see an email and ignore it and might actually be a cancelled event.
Only events actually cancelled by competition secretary will send out cancellation messages
Old 9 Apr 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3525406)   #130
Colin Barnes
Rookie

Colin Barnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cancellation message regarding BTCC on 4th April appears to be a spoof.

Messages from the BMMC volunteering system will show as @marshals.co.uk (not .com)

Although I am no IT expert I am advised the email in question has the characteristics of being "forwarded" from a non-originator.

This is under investigation and it would be a great help if anyone who received the email could provide originator details. Typically by right clicking on the email and selecting "properties/details" or "message options" to open a script. If this could be copied and sent to me by email it would be greatly appreciated.

On a more positive note there are major system enhancements in the pipeline, hopefully for release by the end of April.

Colin Barnes BMMC National Treasurer
nat.treasurer@marshals.co.uk